Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Shipping is 2020 making it a 2020 MP as many non fanboy people have predicted since June 2019 :rolleyes:

Still just a prediction. Not a fact. And most likely not going to be a fact either. Some are probably going to ship before Christmas let alone before the 1st of next year. Which technically makes it a 2019 product.

Seriously there were working systems on stage running demos in June 2019. Making a "vapourware" only in 2020 stand back in June was dubious then. Even more dubious after Apple files a whole bunch of import paper work to avoid taxes. (taxes breaks on wheels just to point out the depth of their actions). If the parts didn't exist and apple didn't need them they would need any lawyer billable hours paper work to avoid taxes. They'd avoid taxes by just doing nothing and pay layers nothing. Same with the FCC certificate already find and actually issued.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
Some are probably going to ship before Christmas let alone before the 1st of next year. Which technically makes it a 2019 product.

Yep, that's how Apple will get away with calling it an 2019 MP by shipping a few at the end of December for the Fanboy crowd.:rolleyes:

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Yep, that's how Apple will get away with calling it an 2019 MP by shipping a few at the end of December for the Fanboy crowd.:rolleyes:

it won't be a few unless trying to stack them up against MBA units sales. It will probably be several thousand. There is pretty good chance they will sell more this December than they will next September and October put together. Past the initial bubble the volume isn't going to be substantially higher on a per month basis.

This isn't fanboy crowd metrics. The year released in counts as the release year unless talking marketing gimmick like car model "years".

If Apple stretches the substantive upgrade out two years is this a 2021 product because Apple sold some in 2021. It isn't where it stops. It is where it starts. ( "I didn't get mine until year x so it is a year x " is just myopic. )

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
it won't be a few unless trying to stack them up against MBA units sales. It will probably be several thousand. There is pretty good chance they will sell more this December than they will next September and October put together. Past the initial bubble the volume isn't going to be substantially higher on a per month basis.

This isn't fanboy crowd metrics. The year released in counts as the release year unless talking marketing gimmick like car model "years".

If Apple stretches the substantive upgrade out two years is this a 2021 product because Apple sold some in 2021. It isn't where it stops. It is where it starts. ( "I didn't get mine until year x so it is a year x " is just myopic. )

We shall see....... Introduce product in June 2019(no pricing), November 15th(still no prices), Order in Late December 2019, shipped in January 2020.

People are sheep/Zombies today and let companies get away with murder.

Last edited:

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
We shall see....... Introduce product in June 2019(no pricing), November 15th(still no prices), Order in Late December 2019, shipped in January 2020.

If I were a professional who required the level of compute power offered by the 7,1 Mac Pro you can bet I wouldn't be in the market for a 7,1 Mac Pro as I would have moved off the platform years ago.
[automerge]1573774789[/automerge]

If I were a professional who required the level of compute power offered by the 7,1 Mac Pro you can bet I wouldn't be in the market for a 7,1 Mac Pro as I would have moved off the platform years ago.

Reactions: OkiRun

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars

Have been using both platforms for a long time......I've also ordered a Dune case because my preference is MacOS. :)

Last edited:

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California

I would stress that the mindset is not a binary decision between hard-needs and don't-needs, but rather there is an entire spectrum of "could-utilize" all the way down to "want it because it's cool" at the prosumer end of the spectrum.

Gains minus cost divided by time is not hard to understand.

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
I would stress that the mindset is not a binary decision between hard-needs and don't-needs, but rather there is an entire spectrum of "could-utilize" all the way down to "want it because it's cool" at the prosumer end of the spectrum.
My statement said "required" and not "could utilize".

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
Ah, I see. You're in here complaining about Apple and "fanboys" because you're a hackintosher.

Cross platform means I also use WinOS.....I complain because Apple computers get cheaper and cheaper in design with rising cost since my first Quadra950's making me not a Fanboy as yourself and others. "Hackintosh" is irrelevant. Keep on being with others Fanboy's.?

davidec

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
Has anyone given Apple the benefit of the doubt that maybe they are negiotiating with suppliers to the eleventh hour so they can offer better upgrade pricing? They can do this retrospectively for components already purchased. I personally am happy for them to take their time if it means better value for consumers.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
Has anyone given Apple the benefit of the doubt that maybe they are negiotiating with suppliers to the eleventh hour so they can offer better upgrade pricing? They can do this retrospectively for components already purchased. I personally am happy for them to take their time if it means better value for consumers.

I wish this was true but it's Tim Crook/Apple. ?

Reactions: kjohansen

ssgbryan

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002

Apple hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Shipping is 2020 making it a 2020 MP as many non fanboy people have predicted since June 2019 :rolleyes:
may depend on configuration.
For iMac Pro, the beefier configs were pushed way out:

iMacPro on 12/14/2017: 8-core and 10-core models start at $4,999 and $5,799 respectively and currently ship by late December in the United States, while 14-core and 18-core models starting at $6,599 and $7,399 can also be ordered today, but aren't estimated to ship for 6-8 weeks, which pushes deliveries into February.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Cross platform means I also use WinOS.....I complain because Apple computers get cheaper and cheaper in design with rising cost since my first Quadra950's making me not a Fanboy as yourself and others. "Hackintosh" is irrelevant. Keep on being with others Fanboy's.?

That's true in some of their products like the MBP that lost all the ports and even the Magsafe power feature, but the new Mac Pro looks like a high quality design.

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan

We've produced more commercials on 3 Late 2015 iMac 5k 27" Retinas than I can shake a stick at. I don't think that machine got the respect it deserved. The Mac Pro 7.1 is just in time for us. It's case by case. We are updating our PC line as I type. Was it too late for that? No.

Reactions: thisisnotmyname

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
Couldn't wait any longer. Purchased my first PC after 15-years of only Macs. Its a refurbished (but warranted with in-home service) high-end gaming PC that I would probably need to spend at least twice (maybe 3 times) the money to get a new Mac Pro with the same performance.

I have a PC, Windows 10 is far to unstable to use as work computer for me... I tried using my PC for photography.. One day Windows randomly decided to renumber two drives all on its own.. One was the system disk and the other was a data disk.. Cost me two days of downtime. Till I figured out what had happened, I got my data drive back by reassigning a drive number to it...

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
I have a PC, Windows 10 is far to unstable to use as work computer for me... I tried using my PC for photography.. One day Windows randomly decided to renumber two drives all on its own.. One was the system disk and the other was a data disk.. Cost me two days of downtime. Till I figured out what had happened, I got my data drive back by reassigning a drive number to it...
I guess if anecdotes are how one determines the lack.of reliability with computers than Macs are unreliable too:

5,1 won't boot after install update

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
What does this mean? Did Disk 3 become Disk 7.

Oh wait, Windows disk numbers aren't visible to the user. Who cares.

Disk C became nothing, the data drive Disk F became nothing. Windows just unlettered them... The system disk was bad and had to be reinstalled. The data drive was spinning but not mounted. I had to go in and manually add the device which became Disk H

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
Disk C became nothing, the data drive Disk F became nothing. Windows just unlettered them... The system disk was bad and had to be reinstalled. The data drive was spinning but not mounted. I had to go in and manually add the device which became Disk H
Did I just read this correctly? The system disk went bad and therefore the resulting problem is a failure of Windows? It appears as if the problem was the system disk failure. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Reactions: ssgbryan

kjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Oregon
No the system disk did not go bad, in fact I put it back in and relettered it. I am not sure why Win 10 did that.. but that is totally not cool... the disk was fine... It makes no sense at all...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.