Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I recently ordered this one for 13.99. It holds 6 watches/bands. Should be great for the nightstand.

eBay

Attachments

• $_14.JPG
    $_14.JPG
    1.4 KB · Views: 939

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
So with the growing number of bands I'm collecting for my Apple Watch, I started looking for storage on where to put them in but I'm looking for something elegant and nice and found one in Amazon. It's for regular watches but I just removed the grids so I can store the bands they way I want them which is flat lying down and with glass on top so I can see.

Where do you store your bands?

IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3872.JPG
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG
IMG_3880.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 493

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Reactions: waxlabo and Jmona

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
That's a nice case and you have a lot of bands! :p
I indeed do, haha. I like coordinating with what I'm wearing. I have the Classic Buckle that my SS came with. In the Apple Sport bands I have black, white, and blue. I have knock-off sport bands in yellow, red, and orange. I have a black and orange rubber band, and I have a 3rd party SS link bracelet. I'll probably be getting a Leather Loop or 2 (navy and brown).

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Nice box OP and decent price. I picked up a 2-drawer watch case (4 on top and then drawer below) that I saw while at a Marshalls. Glass window top. Probably never notice watch boxes before when they were in stores until now. Should be able to get 8 bands in the top and more below. I can see where my SS AW is going to lead to more "accessories". Only 2 bands now but I have two adapters on order.

musiddiqui

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2010
I was thinking of getting that one but do you know if it'll fit the M/L bands? are you going to try to use it with M/L Bands? if you are, will you please let us know if it'll work with those when you get it?

I have been using mine to store my S/M sports band, hoco link bracelet and few NATO straps. This case is larger than it looks in pictures so there shouldn't be any problem with M/L straps. As you can see in the attached picture, with larger straps there's only room for 20 straps. If I was only storing NATO straps I can easily fit 40.

image.jpg

Reactions: lfhdez

lfhdez

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Southern CA
I have been using mine to store my S/M sports band, hoco link bracelet and few NATO straps. This case is larger than it looks in pictures so there shouldn't be any problem with M/L straps. As you can see in the attached picture, with larger straps there's only room for 20 straps. If I was only storing NATO straps I can easily fit 40.

View attachment 567338

Woohoo! I think if found what I was looking for, then! Thanks for your reply and Thanks for attaching the picture. It really clarifies things!

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
What's the best way to store the leather loop? Is it to leave it "magnetized" to itself and just undo it from the watch or is it best to store it as two separate pieces?

Don't want to wear out the magnet strength.

lfhdez

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Southern CA
What's the best way to store the leather loop? Is it to leave it "magnetized" to itself and just undo it from the watch or is it best to store it as two separate pieces?

Don't want to wear out the magnet strength.

I believe these are strong Permanent magnets that will only lose a small amount of their strength over many many years so unless you're going through a strong magnetic field, I don't think you need to worry about it.

hokiemas

macrumors member
May 26, 2015
Link? I may already have more than 6 bands, but that's a start. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007XIPI4A/ref=yo_ii_img

You can probably get one or two more bands in there since two would probably fit in each pocket depending on what band it is. Fake leather, but the price reflects that. I just didn't want my bands thrown in a drawer somewhere. They offer the same thing in black. The black one has more pictures on Amazon.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Very nice! This is what I'm looking to do. Can you post a how to?

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how I did it. I cut the leg off an old pair of really big sweat pants and squared it up. I used hem tape to make a nice hem at the bottom. I put pieces of hem tape on either end to form side seams, and then lined up my watches and put down a piece of hem tape between each. The hard part was then removing the backing to the hem tape. Then all you have to do is fold up and press down so that the tape sticks. (You can get the tape at any craft/hobby store.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.