Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
I'm almost embarrassed to admit how I did it. I cut the leg off an old pair of really big sweat pants and squared it up. I used hem tape to make a nice hem at the bottom. I put pieces of hem tape on either end to form side seams, and then lined up my watches and put down a piece of hem tape between each. The hard part was then removing the backing to the hem tape. Then all you have to do is fold up and press down so that the tape sticks. (You can get the tape at any craft/hobby store.)
You're almost embarrassed because you're crafty, frugal, and likes to think outside of the box? Job well done!
I can tell you what degree a camshaft needs to be on an engine with variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves, but you got me on this "hem" tape.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
You're almost embarrassed because you're crafty, frugal, and likes to think outside of the box? Job well done!
I can tell you what degree a camshaft needs to be on an engine with variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves, but you got me on this "hem" tape.

Everyone should use hem tape. You just stick it down on the fabric, peel the other side, and then fold up instead of sewing your hem. Life for the lazy. ;)

Reactions: Skorpio

saharawest

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2015
I was looking for something that would travel well, as far as keeping the bands in place & from being damaged. I found this one on Amazon:

b6b5fc54af12cb4926f48a76639b34de.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Storage...e_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JF89R4D4R9AWVE9QM49

Has anyone seen it before & is it as good as it looks?

Reactions: Jmona

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
Reactions: AlliFlowers

maleficent86

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I'm a little suspicious there isn't a clear pic of the inside part, you know, the pockets that would hold the watch bands. But, this is the format I'm looking for also. I just bought some hem tape, and about to do the "Alliflowers" organizer if I can't find something better for reasonable $.

I prefer it to have a clear inside all together.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I'm a little suspicious there isn't a clear pic of the inside part, you know, the pockets that would hold the watch bands. But, this is the format I'm looking for also. I just bought some hem tape, and about to do the "Alliflowers" organizer if I can't find something better for reasonable $.

Pictures when you're done. :)

pedronev85

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2015
colchester
My wife handmade me this beautiful portable strap pouch. I can now bring my straps with me wherever I go and change straps as and when I please. :D
MXONtT3.png

AnkI2jm.png

This looks great... your wife has done an excellent job with this! Sort of thing i might look into for my future watch strap purchases :)

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
Pictures when you're done. :)
Well, no DIY "Alliflowers" storage bag yet, but I found an alternative that's working so far, but it's definitely not fancy (which doesn't make a difference to me). -
Two clear sample/brochure bags stapled together from a prescription medication- holds all my OEM bands, tools, jewelry (plug earrings), non OEM bands, and extra s/m bands. It easily folds up like an accordian for a small footprint.
From left to right- Apple bands, tools/jewelry/adapters, non Apple bands, S/M sized straps.
c7810db6c0a19a65a596f40a5c2df552.jpg
261d48327e96cd4a5a039f99d80ffa0a.jpg

Moko black band on wrist.

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
I need a better solution for this too. I dump them in a drawer in my desk. I always have to dig around to find the one I want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.