Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Just got my son an Alienware 13 for his birthday. I had extra copies of Torchlight II sitting in my Steam library, so gave him one, and his cousin one. Looking forward to finally trying this game.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Nov 2017- All games except Lone Echo available on Steam. Lone Echo at Occulus Rift store.
  • Dark and Light has issues.
  • Conan Exiles has issues.
  • Ark Survival Evolved, (PC/Mac) I’m burned out with it.
  • Lone Echo, Incredible VR game, a must play if you are VR capable.
  • Eve Valkyrie- Can’t get stick to work with it.
  • Gunjack- Fun VR arcade shooter.
  • Smite- Outstanding MOBA.
  • Expedition Vikings- Not bad turn based RPG.
  • Rocket birds: Hardboiled Chicken- Fun side scroller.
  • Fahrenheit: Indogo Prophesy Remastered- On sale, downloaded.
  • Champions of Anteria Demo- An RPG, a solid maybe.
  • Deponia- Old fashioned adventure. Reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry minus the sex. ;)
  • Planet Coaster- Taking a break from it, but it’s a pretty amazing Coaster Park building game.

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
(The monthly ‘now playing’ seems like a good idea! :) )

* Elex (PC) - from the makers of the Gothic and Risen games ... love it so far. Better than all their stuff since Gothic2 IMO. Big world, interesting stories and quests and characters, usual translation issues ... but missing the musical contributions of Kai Rozencranz ..
* Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC) - amazing game!
* Beta test game (Mac) - awesome fun game, coming together nicely.

Not playing much else - really nothing on Vita/DS or iOS lately.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I've decided to return to Metro Last Light, and finish it this time.

I'm currently playing the garden level, the one right after you catch up to Leznitsky.

Reactions: Regime2008

katastrophic88

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
Atlanta
Just got done with a lovely indie title called Milkmaid of the Milky Way. Gorgeous pixel-art puzzle game with a wonderful soundtrack. Can complete it within 2-3 hours.

milkmaid1.jpg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Banging my head against wall with X3: Terran Conflict which is on sale till 11Dec (I believe) at Steam. There is a general lack of direction in the game.

902A9B83-B9F9-4DA0-BED4-B2D74685EEFF.jpeg

Found a good tutorial, it’s getting better. :)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Dec 2017
  • X3 Terran Conflict- Lacks direction, but online tutorials can guide you. Trading is a grind. Looking to expand my experience.
  • Conan Exiles- Fixed an issue with missing Thralls, and the Wheel of Pain is once again working.
  • Tesla Effect- Launches to a black screen. Checked with game's tech support, no help, but I only payed a few dollars for it on sale.
  • World of Tanks- Cranked this up after about a year off and I think the bloom is off the rose.

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I just started ‘Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition’ - it is in a sort of ‘early access’ they’re calling ‘Head Start’.

So far the only major appeal comes down to “play NWN on Mac again”. Which isn’t a bad thing - love the game, and missed playing it on Mac, so $20 was an easy buy for me.

Tazling

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2016
Euro Truck Simulator 2 has kept me very happy for over 2 years... I built a USB controller to run the game from my MTB (on a trainer stand) so it's a driving game and an exercise bike too. 455 hours on the sim in about 2.5 years, maybe 3 years -- I'm a full-on addict. User contributed maps have expanded my touring range from Iceland to Kazhakstan :)

serogers1970

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
Sacramento Area, Ca
Currently playing Sea Of Thieves and Far Cry 5.

SoT is a beautiful game, but becoming a bit of a grind. Don’t see a lot of other players’ boats out there, and honestly, I tend to stay away when I do. Don’t want to have done all that grinding to get sunk and lose everything.

FC5 isn’t bad. I like a lot of the changes they’ve made to the gameplay. I think FC3 is still my favorite of the series though.

Recently finished Wolfenstein 2, SouthPark Fractured But Whole, Dead Space 3.

Want to get Sniper Elite 4 next.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Sea of Thieves, been having a blast with that one. Usually have a crew of 3-4 all people from my Discord. Usually just do a few voyages and actively sail towards another ship if we spot one. Risking loot gives us that extra bit of rush that pushes us even harder to win a sea battle.

Stellaris, this game is absolutely sucking my life away when I play it. The depth alone makes this easily the best 4x Space Civilization game I believer I have ever played.

As for MMOs I am still on EvE Online and since Rift relaunched a progression server I have been playing that too. Need more hours in the day.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Mid April 2018- just got arm twisted into playing Fortnite with some friends. It’s a tower defense type game, we are currently playing the PVE version.

5B1974F6-B3E3-4DC3-99D6-3AE011F8774F.jpeg
PVP version​

Reactions: Irishman

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Sea of Thieves, been having a blast with that one. Usually have a crew of 3-4 all people from my Discord. Usually just do a few voyages and actively sail towards another ship if we spot one. Risking loot gives us that extra bit of rush that pushes us even harder to win a sea battle.

Stellaris, this game is absolutely sucking my life away when I play it. The depth alone makes this easily the best 4x Space Civilization game I believer I have ever played.

As for MMOs I am still on EvE Online and since Rift relaunched a progression server I have been playing that too. Need more hours in the day.
Would you say Stellaris is more like X3, Masters of Orion, or Homeworld? I assume MoO which is described as 4x

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Would you say Stellaris is more like X3, Masters of Orion, or Homeworld? I assume MoO which is described as 4x

It is a 4x game with way more granularity in how you run your empire.

A good example is I am currently in a play through with a highly religious military empire who can only live in a specific planet that is very rare. I am currently on a galactic crusade to reclaim another Gaia planet across the galaxy. I have declared this planet hallowed ground so my citizens are more unified. With more unity i can unlock traditions which augment my game play. I am focusing in the supremacy tree so any empire along the way is easier to subject them to vassilization. Those who reject my rule have their planets purged and their citizens turned into food which i trade away to the other empires for extra minerals and energy. I have also increased my food stockpiles due to the extra food coming in which allows me to have a higher birthrate and with the extra minerals I received I raised the standard of living of my empire which makes them more productive in the factories.

The space combat however is real time and is not tile based although you can only assign behaviors to ships and instead of moving each ship by itself you move the entire fleet. So for instance I have a swarm of fast corvettes set to swarm and a line of destroyers with artillery subsections set to sit back and fire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.