Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Last edited:

Grade

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2007
I have been playing City Skylines and Football Manager on the Mac and the PS4 Uncharted Collection. ;)

Too bad Planet Coaster is not on Mac. :(

Reactions: Huntn

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I heard Fortnite was crashing, player number wise. I played it for about a month.

That could be true. My kids are back to school now, and I imagine a lot of other kids are out of summer vacation, as well. Also, they're not playing Fortnite anymore, they're playing Madden and Rainbow 6 Siege now.

Reactions: Huntn

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Since I got my newest toy (pc in sig) Monday, I’ve been playing WoW at setting 9 (in raids at 60fps) vs iMac at 3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Unravel 2 and Fallout 4. Loved Unravel and how relaxing and great the graphics are. Will be going through my Steam library and see what more fun can be had.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Sept 2018: Conan Exiles, ARK Survival Evolved, Grow Castle (iOS), and Rail Nation, a browser based game.

Grow Castle (iOS) is just a tremendously long slow grind. No longer playing it. Rail Nation (Mac, PC, iOS) is a fun casual game, most fun when part of an Association (guild).

Pets are going to show up soon in Conan Exiles.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Grow Castle (iOS) is just a tremendously long slow grind. No longer playing it. Rail Nation (Mac, PC, iOS) is a fun casual game, most fun when part of an Association (guild).

Pets are going to show up soon in Conan Exiles.
Rail Nation after several weeks is getting tedious, a never ending grind of upgrading engines, picking profitable routes, and letting the trains chug. This is a competition, I am in an Association (guild) which is a must, lasting about 3 months with 6 eras, then an end game. The question I’m starting to ask myself is who cares? There are absolutely no high points inthis game, just itty bitty engines hauling goods over the landscape.

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
surviving mars. (through steam)

exceptionally addictive. the graphics are very pretty. I haven't been quite this absorbed since Civ IV: Colonization.

sort of like a space themed tropico, down to the micromanagement of the individual citizen's housing, job,and social activities.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet led my colony to sucess. Last game, I accidentally infected earth with an alien parasite, and the resulting plague killed off all my scientists before they could research a cure.

A bit rough in some areas, though. Can't figure out how to fix my windmill farms...

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Rail Nation after several weeks is getting tedious, a never ending grind of upgrading engines, picking profitable routes, and letting the trains chug. This is a competition, I am in an Association (guild) which is a must, lasting about 3 months with 6 eras, then an end game. The question I’m starting to ask myself is who cares? There are absolutely no high points inthis game, just itty bitty engines hauling goods over the landscape.

I’ve stopped participating in Rail Nation, (MAC, PC, iOS) my single biggest critique is that the end game is broken. The top 10 cities compete in the end game (at the end of 3 months) but it’s the city with the most players that wins, and there is no limit on how many players can be active in a city. So without city caps, it’s like having a game, where one team has 70 people, and the other team has 300+ people. The end game is won by hauling quantities, there is simply no way the smaller team can compete.

That said, I have started playing Word of Warships (PC) by the same company that does World of Tanks. At first it seems easier than WoTs, until you realize it’s just as hard, but in a different way. :) My complaint is that premium ships at the Tier 8:level can cost $80-140. I willing played $50 for a T8 tank, but that is my self imposed limit for in game vehicles.

AF7CF080-7870-4E12-BFB4-62CBD63BE860.jpeg

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
I’ve stopped participating in Rail Nation, (MAC, PC, iOS) my single biggest critique is that the end game is broken. The top 10 cities compete in the end game (at the end of 3 months) but it’s the city with the most players that wins, and there is no limit on how many players can be active in a city. So without city caps, it’s like having a game, where one team has 70 people, and the other team has 300+ people. The end game is won by hauling quantities, there is simply no way the smaller team can compete.

That said, I have started playing Word of Warships (PC) by the same company that does World of Tanks. At first it seems easier than WoTs, until you realize it’s just as hard, but in a different way. :) My complaint is that premium ships at the Tier 8:level can cost $80-140. I willing played $50 for a T8 tank, but that is my self imposed limit for in game vehicles.

I started playing World of Warhsips in the closed beta and have been playing off and on up until now. Some of the newer high tier premium ships are so overtuned it is ridiculous.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I just started play WoW again after taking a 2.5 year break after my latest child was born.

I also been playing FF1 on the NES Classic edition, almost finished.

I just finished Inside on tvOS.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I just started play WoW again after taking a 2.5 year break after my latest child was born.

I also been playing FF1 on the NES Classic edition, almost finished.

I just finished Inside on tvOS.

I'm waiting for WoW classic 2019. I still play WoW once or twice a week (341 ilevel geared atm). Was a bit disappointed that it took barely 1.5 weeks of playing less than a few hours a day to level this last patch. Things are just so instant gratification / easy that it isn't fun to play anymore (coming from a BC (burning crusade) player). A lot of my old WoW buddies (in real life) are waiting for classic to return to the game too.

Right now I do StarCraft, Age of Empires II on Steam, and Warcraft whenever I have time to play (rare).

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I'm waiting for WoW classic 2019. I still play WoW once or twice a week (341 ilevel geared atm). Was a bit disappointed that it took barely 1.5 weeks of playing less than a few hours a day to level this last patch. Things are just so instant gratification / easy that it isn't fun to play anymore (coming from a BC (burning crusade) player). A lot of my old WoW buddies (in real life) are waiting for classic to return to the game too.
I was a long time fan of the RTS Warcraft games on the Mac. I would have played WoW at launch, but I did not have a Mac that was capable of running it until after it launched, and after I did, I didn't want to pay for a subscription.

I started to play in 2007 during BC, and became hooked right away, it was so addictive. I stopped playing in May of 2016, but I continued to pay for the sub until January of this year when I cancelled. So ten straight years of a WoW subscription. Actually in 2010, I started to pay for a second account, so I was paying for 2 accounts for many years.

I didn't care for Warlords, especially with many PVP changes from MoP. Wrath was probably my favorite time playing PVP and MoP for PVE.

I too am looking forward to WoW Classic, as watching new YouTube videos brings back many memories of when I first started playing. I loved how personal you could tailor each class and also the race uniqueness to a class. The WoW of today, pretty much everyone has the same exact cookie cutter talent.

Although, there will be a few things I miss from newer patches, like shorter mount casts, not dismounting the moment that you touch water, the loot "glitter" on corpses, and mass-looting to name a few things.

I am curious how Blizzard is going to handle things like balancing classes, and battlegroups.

Right now I do StarCraft, Age of Empires II on Steam, and Warcraft whenever I have time to play (rare).

I used to play StarCraft too, but didn't get into it as much as I did Warcraft, especially Warcraft 3. I have pre-purchased the Warcraft 3 Reforged and am really looking forward to that as well, but it could be over a year before that comes.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I'm currently playing Eve and Rust. Eve consumes you.

Eve-Online? I was addicted to that game for 7 years (haven't played it for many many years). I find fellow recovering addicts all over funny enough. :p I liked Eve a lot better than WoW.

I left right at the peak of the Goonswarm and BOB war.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Eve-Online? I was addicted to that game for 7 years (haven't played it for many many years). I find fellow recovering addicts all over funny enough. :p I liked Eve a lot better than WoW.

I left right at the peak of the Goonswarm and BOB war.

Oh man, so much has changed since then between politics, alliances and just game systems in general. Goonswarm is just a massive entity right now. They are full of turbo miners so they pump out masses of capitals.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.