Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Dec 2018- Playing ARK Extinction on a 4 map cluster which includes Extinction, Hope, Vaguera, and Shattered maps. Also playing World of Warships which has a very different play style than World of Tanks and the ships are much more expensive at Tier 8. :mad: No, I am not paying $80+ for a T8 ship.

E4657F4F-F976-40AC-8688-19146BB7C838.jpeg

9ABFC949-1DF8-46C9-9F46-E1342BE8F985.jpeg

Reactions: BigMcGuire

serogers1970

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
Sacramento Area, Ca
I’ve been playing Sea Of Thieves since it released.
With this weeks update, it’s amazing to see just how much the game has changed.
So much more than at release and a beautiful game to boot.
The guys I typically sail with help make the game fun as well.

Reactions: millerj123

leonorpetrarca

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2018
FarCry3

farcry3d3d1120121202142.png

It's a year old, but was on sale over the holidays, so I recently started FarCry3. What a great game! :) I have loved the open landscapes since the time I first saw it in a game, could it have been the original? See that mountain, climb that mountain, no screen loads required. I play on easy, because I don't think games like this are realistic, being able to take multiple shots and injecting stimulants to heal and keep going, but it's still fun and I like sneak'n through the grass and basically cruising through a game like this without sweating too much. Even on easy I've died a couple of times when I've gotten too complacent and one time attacked by a croc while swimming across a river.

The character animation is good and I love some of them such as the mohawked bad guy and the trip'n Dr Earnhardt are just too good. Definitely for adults, R rated violence, lots of F bombs, violence, and reported nudity, although I have yet to discover that yet.

A little irritated I've got to go find some bird to kill to craft a bigger wallet. I'm leaving lots of lot behind until I can find one. :rolleyes:

This trailer does a good job of selling the game: IGN Trailer.

This FarCry3 Wiki may be of help.

I'm playing the School of Magic and becoming a mighty wizard!
You can check the game at https://schoolofmagic.net/

castelo.jpg

AgustoPinochet

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2018
FarCry3

farcry3d3d1120121202142.png

It's a year old, but was on sale over the holidays, so I recently started FarCry3. What a great game! :) I have loved the open landscapes since the time I first saw it in a game, could it have been the original? See that mountain, climb that mountain, no screen loads required. I play on easy, because I don't think games like this are realistic, being able to take multiple shots and injecting stimulants to heal and keep going, but it's still fun and I like sneak'n through the grass and basically cruising through a game like this without sweating too much. Even on easy I've died a couple of times when I've gotten too complacent and one time attacked by a croc while swimming across a river.

The character animation is good and I love some of them such as the mohawked bad guy and the trip'n Dr Earnhardt are just too good. Definitely for adults, R rated violence, lots of F bombs, violence, and reported nudity, although I have yet to discover that yet.

A little irritated I've got to go find some bird to kill to craft a bigger wallet. I'm leaving lots of lot behind until I can find one. :rolleyes:

This trailer does a good job of selling the game: IGN Trailer.

This FarCry3 Wiki may be of help.

That looks like paradise, nice view!

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Downloaded Shadow of the Tomb Raider after seeing it on sale.

Visually...wow. I can't believe it's taken me almost a year to try a game that really shows what my system is capable of (I've been using my return to PC gaming to go through old favourites like HL2, Oblivion etc).

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
For a chage of pace, I’ll rag on a game I am watching a friend’s kid play: Grand Theft Auto. :) It sucked in 1997 and it sucks now. Yes,it’s just a game, but a game without a single redeeming value, an escapist journey that encourages player to be the worst that humans can be.

Last edited:

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Well, since I am unable to play anything newer on my ancient 2012 MacBook Pro with HD4000, I have started revisiting the Dead Space franchise recently.

Even years after, I am still amazed by the uniqueness of this game. It is not your classic survival horror like Resident Evil or similar, where basic storyline is either zombies or psychopaths chasing to kill you. This is something completely different, and that is why I am loving it.

Two things that I love very much: sci-fi and horror, blended together. There's never gonna be anything like Dead Space again. Ever.

Horselover Fat

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2012
Germany
I finished both Steamworld Dig games around X-mas. Addictive but not as impressive and immersive metroidvanias as the incomparable Hollow Knight. Also, I just finished Day of the Tentacle for the 3rd time.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
Hi everyone. What about online games, does anybody play them?

I pretty much only play online games at this point - as they tend to be less of a time commitment per session.

Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2 are the staples on the computer. Rocket League on the Xbox.

Would like a new MMO to get in to - not really interested in touching WoW again. I had my time with it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Jan 2018- Playing World of Warships, but frustrated with getting my butt kicked. Also X4:Foundations, kind of a mixed bag but enjoying it. All my online friends are playing Atlas, an Ark Clone, but I am resisting. I don’t like the fact it has no offline solo game, and typically my friends whirlwind through each game and then move on. I’ve already done a long string of Ark, Conan, Dark and Light, Empyrion: Galactic Survival, with them and this time I decided I needed a change of pace, so I will solo it for a while until the next game, although I’m playing ships alone, it is online PVP, as most of you probably know.

troubles_designer

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2019
I am into Minecraft for a very long time. With the big amount of additional modes, it never becomes boring. Right, I can rest and play smth else for some weeks/months. But currently, I play Minecraft again.

Reactions: Huntn

camW00dS

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2019
I can't even remember, when I started playing every day (or almost every)

Talking about console gaming, I'm now finishing Horizon Zero Dawn, really excited about the sequel. After that I'll probably start playing God of War, it would be pretty challenging for me.

And for PC - lots of time is spent in Dota 2. Since I discovered, how much dota prof players earn (you should check it out https://dota-bet.com/players/), I'm curios to join the big scene. I'm serious, don't laugh. Large experience, learning tactics, hours of watching top teams playing, passion and a strong will. I think I have all chances to make my dream come true. Wish me good luck

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
April 2019-

• Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines- A blast from the past, still excellent! Ginning up for VMB2 in 11 months. ;)
  • World of Warships- Lately has really been pissing me off. How many random idiot teams can I tolerate? I may quit.
  • X4: Foundations- While I admit that this is an improvement over X3 in some ways, it’s a step backwards in others. It has a cliff-like learning curve, very sparse game mechanics info published, and if I did not have an online X4 game-nut friend, holding my hand, I would have already quit. Friendly sectors are now being invaded by Xenons and instead of doing what I want to do, earn money and build stations, to expand my business empire, I’m now having to counter these invasions. I spent 2 thirds of my bank building destroyers to fight them. In X3, the Xenon did not represent this kind of a threat. I may take a break with this game too.
Maybe it’s time to revisit ARK Survival Evolved, Conan Exiles, play some Railroad Empire, or even Minecraft. :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.