Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Do you have experience with Fortnite PVP? I assume that there are people who live in the game 24/7 who would wipe the floor with me. :p

Yup. Battle Royale is all I play for Fortnite.

I'm just now learning to build right. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yeah, Fortnite is super fun!
Two weeks later, I’m bored with the grind (PVE), back to working on my base in ARK. :(
[doublepost=1524606809][/doublepost]
I was roped into Fortnite as well. Pleasantly surprised with Battle Royale. I'm terrible at it, but still having a blast.
The issue is you fight in PVP against people who live in the game. I used to love Unreal Tournament (also an Epic Game), never came n first, but sometimes ended up on the winning team. :)

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Managed to find my old COD 2 discs and installed it. Yikes. I remember the graphics being better.
[doublepost=1525062054][/doublepost]
Anyone tried BATTLETECH yet? Been waiting decades for MechWarrior: Mercenaries in VR.
Trailers got my attention earlier in the week. Though I may purchase Overwatch since I like that style of gaming more, as it's very much like TF2.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I was roped into Fortnite as well. Pleasantly surprised with Battle Royale. I'm terrible at it, but still having a blast.
As with all online PVP, you are up against players who live and breath the game. :)

Some friends are back into Conan Exiles, after the latest update, so I followed along.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
The problem with it, which based on it’s intent, arguably not a problem, :p is that other than large structures, like in the castle the map video I provided, buildings are not designed with interiors, only facades.
That's how it's always been. If you want exterior and interior, you need to buy the Sims. The game is the 'true' successor to Roller Coaster Tycoon and not the abomination of the actual sequel to the series that came out.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Every once in a blue moon, I will play Call of Duty zombies, but mostly it's X-Plane.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
July 2018- Empyrion- Galactic Survival. I’ve had this game in my library for a long while, but some recent changes catapulted it to possibly the most robust building abilities in its class, a building, PVE /PVP, Survival/Creative game similiar to Ark Survivsl Evolved, Conan Exiles, or Dark and Light. It’s Windows only, still in alpha, but has a robust Steam workshop presence with some impressive fan built downloadable blueprints.

1C4E28C2-6BDF-463E-9AF5-DC4566C40BB2.jpeg

Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/Empyrion__Galactic_Survival/
Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/workshop/

Last edited:

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Picked up SCUM last night on Steam. It's most certainly not going to be everyones cup of tea, but personally I like the survival aspect and that you don't necessarily have to go around killing everybody.

header.jpg

The world’s unquenchable need for entertainment has turned towards bloodlust as entertainment behemoth TEC1 is set to premiere season two of its television sensation SCUM. This new season moves the contest from the rugged, enclosed indoor arenas to the lush forests, rolling fields, and rugged terrains of TEC1’’s own private SCUM Island. Both fan favorites and new prisoners will clash in a ruthless war of survival while battling for the support of viewers, producers, and corporate sponsors for fame, gifts, and a chance of life after death.

SCUM aims to evolve the multiplayer open world survival game with unprecedented levels of character customization, control and progression, where knowledge and skills are the ultimate weapons for long-term survival. Combining the methodical planning and management of hardcore survival with optional PvP ‘network events’ available to everyone at anytime, SCUM strikes a unique balance between complex simulation and intense action in the next generation of survival game.

SCUM is built with Unreal Engine 4 and will expand throughout the Early Access period. Fans can follow details on development with weekly dev blogs on scumgame.com and on Twitter @SCUMgame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.