Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
internet_argument.jpg

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Did everyone already know that the Nexus seven offers stereo speakers on the back? I didn't know. I always thought that the one speaker grill was mono only.

Edit: God iPad dictation sucks. I had to correct so many things.

Edit 2: This 20 min indepth review from heelsandtech pretty much just sold me on the Nexus 7. I'm going to look for a holiday deal and grab one. 32GBs, of course. http://www.heelsandtech.com/2012/08/10/google-nexus-7-review-user-experience/

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Did everyone already know that the Nexus seven offers stereo speakers on the back? I didn't know. I always thought that the one speaker grill was mono only.

Edit: God iPad dictation sucks. I had to correct so many things.

Edit 2: This 20 min indepth review from heelsandtech pretty much just sold me on the Nexus 7. I'm going to look for a holiday deal and grab one. 32GBs, of course. http://www.heelsandtech.com/2012/08/10/google-nexus-7-review-user-experience/

Is the 32GB version by chance going to have a back camera? I doubt it just wondered if anyone heard anything different.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Is the 32GB version by chance going to have a back camera? I doubt it just wondered if anyone heard anything different.

Don't think so.

Personally, I'm okay with that. Helps keep the price down. I can count the number of times I've used my iPad camera on one hand.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Don't think so.

Personally, I'm okay with that. Helps keep the price down. I can count the number of times I've used my iPad camera on one hand.

Man that is a great price.

Crap...i kinda want a tablet(wouldnt really be interested if not for the cheap price of $249 for a 32GB Nexus 7..maybe ill settle for a 16GB for $199), found a Laptop i want(Levono Yoga Ultrabook touchscreen) with Windows 8 and want a new Desktop and a Nexus 4.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Well, Google has cancelled the event for Monday because of the hurricane out there. I'm not really interested in the Nexus 7. But looks like we will have to wait a little longer for the Nexus 4.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Man that is a great price.

Crap...i kinda want a tablet(wouldnt really be interested if not for the cheap price of $249 for a 32GB Nexus 7..maybe ill settle for a 16GB for $199), found a Laptop i want(Levono Yoga Ultrabook touchscreen) with Windows 8 and want a new Desktop and a Nexus 4.

Then I say leave the Nexus 7 for last, buy everything else then see if you can afford it. It's nice to have but you definitely don't need it when you have a new desktop/laptop/phone :D

Well, Google has cancelled the event for Monday because of the hurricane out there.

Yeah I've been bummed about that all day.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
My options are:

1. I want a new tablet. My iPad 1 is too slow. Nexus 7 and iPad mini are too small. I use my tablet as a laptop replacement for documents and all. The surface is too big I think. Too wide and portrait mode is not practical since its too large. Nexus 10 has super amoled and its made of horrible Samsung plastic. In the end its between the new iPad or the surface. The iPad has a much much better screen. Or maybe a Windows 8 tablet by Asus. The problem is... I hate Windows. I'm so glad I left and went with my iMac. I'm considering it because it would be nice to have a much more capable and powerful mobile OS than iOS.

2. Sell the SGS3 and buy the nexus 4, just because of better software. Or maybe wait for the next nexus. SGS3 is a good phone for now, but the nexus is the next step obviously.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
My options are:

1. I want a new tablet. My iPad 1 is too slow. Nexus 7 and iPad mini are too small. I use my tablet as a laptop replacement for documents and all. The surface is too big I think. Too wide and portrait mode is not practical since its too large. Nexus 10 has super amoled and its made of horrible Samsung plastic. In the end its between the new iPad or the surface. The iPad has a much much better screen. Or maybe a Windows 8 tablet by Asus. The problem is... I hate Windows. I'm so glad I left and went with my iMac. I'm considering it because it would be nice to have a much more capable and powerful mobile OS than iOS.

2. Sell the SGS3 and buy the nexus 4, just because of better software. Or maybe wait for the next nexus. SGS3 is a good phone for now, but the nexus is the next step obviously.

Strongly suggest you try Windows 8 and see what you think; it's seen radical design changes and you might like it now. If not, then get the iPad 4 as it will sync perfectly with your iMac.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Then I say leave the Nexus 7 for last, buy everything else then see if you can afford it. It's nice to have but you definitely don't need it when you have a new desktop/laptop/phone :D

Yeah I've been bummed about that all day.

I dont really need the phone either. I have a GS3. Just wanted to get a Nexus for plain Android and faster updates if the storage was good enough and then id sell my GS3.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
You know what I love?

Apple fanatics are touting that the iPad mini has more actually screen space to use than the competition therefore it's better, but when it comes to the smart phone and people pointing out the benefits of competitors' larger screen device, then no! Suddenly there are all these reasons why a bigger screen is a terrible idea.

Gotta love them. :D

EDIT: At the Apple website, their official iPad Mini video at the 2:10 min mark says specifically that the iPad Mini can be picked up and used with one hand. So one handed use with a 7.9" screen, from apple? A-okay. One hand use with anything in the 4-5.5" screen from the competition? Impossible!

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
You know what I love?

Apple fanatics are touting that the iPad mini has more actually screen space to use than the competition therefore it's better, but when it comes to the smart phone and people pointing out the benefits of competitor's larger screen device, then no! Suddenly there are all these reasons why a bigger screen is a terrible idea.

Gotta love them. :D

Well in their defense, people generally use phones one handed and while 7" tablets are small and can be held with one hand, we all know you can't do much on a tablet with one hand.

You definitely can't pull down the notification drawer on the Nexus 7 one handed. I can but that's only because I'm running Paranoid Android and have the tablet UI :p I really don't get why it's not stock on the N7.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Well in their defense, people generally use phones one handed and while 7" tablets are small and can be held with one hand, we all know you can't do much on a tablet with one hand.

You definitely can't pull down the notification drawer on the Nexus 7 one handed. I can but that's only because I'm running Paranoid Android and have the tablet UI :p I really don't get why it's not stock on the N7.

Yah I fully expect people to point out that they're two different (and they are) but that defense would hold more water if their "issues" with large screened smartphones held any water. The impossibility of one handed use or the impossibility of fitting into one's pocket is, in most cases, imagined.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Another ridiculous thing is in the apple video of the iPad mini they say specifically that the iPad can be picked up and used with one hand. So one handed use with a 7.9" screen, from apple? A-okay. One hand use with anything in the 4-5.5" screen from the competition? Impossible to use!

Watch their official video from the website. The one that starts with Ive talking. (Starts around the 2:10 min mark.)

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Not according to Apple. They said you can use the iPad mini with one hand ....lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.