Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conmee

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Reno, NV
I am on Office 2018 and would like to uninstall Microsoft Update. Does someone know how to do it?
If it's anything like Office 2016, you should find the Microsoft AutoUpdate app in "/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app" Just delete the file. There's also a .plist file in "/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.autoupdate2.plist" Delete this file as well.

ToniCH

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2020
Obsolete? I am only now starting to upgrade into the Mojave. :oops: 😂

I've been perfectly happy with the High Sierra forever but recently bumped into something that demanded 10.14 as minimum. So, on my MBP's I started to migrate to Mojave. I also upgraded our home Mac Mini Server to Mojave too. Seems to work just great in all of them.

My main machine (iMac 27" i7 2011) needs a GPU upgrade before going into Mojave though. So, that one is still running HS, until I get into installing the card.

My wife runs Catalina in her 2012 i7 Mac Mini Server (used as a desktop computer) because she has lots of work software that demands 10.15. No problems with her machine though.

rin67630

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2022
If it's anything like Office 2016, you should find the Microsoft AutoUpdate app in "/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app" Just delete the file. There's also a .plist file in "/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.autoupdate2.plist" Delete this file as well.
Thank you, that worked for 2018 as well !

Reactions: m4v3r1ck and conmee

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
I am in the middle of replacing Catalina with Mojave now on the MBPro 2012
I probably need to remove the ssd drive,
place that in a enclosure
install in older MacBook air
format that to Mac Journals
place into the MBP
install Mojave
install CS4 which does not work with AF?? front drives.

all worth teh efforts!

Mojave RULES!

Reactions: MarkC426

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
well I finally (after under an hour) installed a fresh version of Mojave with CS4
on the MacBook Pro 2012, 525GB and 16 GbRAM.
the trick was to migrate the CS4 via "migration"

Mojave has a great feel, responsive and that screen saver is incredible!
there are more points on why this Sox is my favorite  has produced.
but we all know these.

have fun Mojavians!

carylee2002

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Obsolete? I am only now starting to upgrade into the Mojave. :oops: 😂

I've been perfectly happy with the High Sierra forever but recently bumped into something that demanded 10.14 as minimum. So, on my MBP's I started to migrate to Mojave. I also upgraded our home Mac Mini Server to Mojave too. Seems to work just great in all of them.

My main machine (iMac 27" i7 2011) needs a GPU upgrade before going into Mojave though. So, that one is still running HS, until I get into installing the card.

My wife runs Catalina in her 2012 i7 Mac Mini Server (used as a desktop computer) because she has lots of work software that demands 10.15. No problems with her machine though.
You might consider getting a external gpu enclosure and put on a decent gpu with at least 8gb ram and hook it up via thunderbolt/firewire. I have my 2014 macmini running my windows based machine using Radeon RX570 and It can run many games via my Sonnet enclosure. I did had to do a hack I found on youtube for my rig to recognize the external box first vs the internal gpu.

Last edited:

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
Anyone else having mega trouble signing into iTunes via a passwriod with Mojave?
I used both icloud account and the prompt kept asking for the password
the second one wanted a 2 step verification with my Macbbok air-El Capwhich accepted the password
only to have an empty box asking for the password again.
which is strange because El Capitan works perfect.

Update
the 5th time was a charm, everything works!

Last edited:
Reactions: katbel and MarkC426

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
The MacBook pro 2012 13" has 2 drives as of 15 minutes ago, MOJAVE and Monterey.
I actually love Monterey and think that is better than Ventura, which has more 2023 features!

conmee

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Reno, NV
The MacBook pro 2012 13" has 2 drives as of 15 minutes ago, MOJAVE and Monterey.
I actually love Monterey and think that is better than Ventura, which has more 2023 features!
Besidea all the cumulative complaints since Mojave (dropping iTunes, dropping 32-bit support, etc), my only minor complaints with Monterey are: I really dislike the default boot wallpaper too bad it can’t be changed; I don’t like that the Books app no longer lets me display the book title and author beneath each book; and prior to Monterey I could copy and paste a photo in Contacts when updating photo, now with Monterey I have to drag and drop or choose a photo that’s already in my Photo Library. It’s a minor thing but for the past decade, I could go to LinkedIn or Twitter and screen capture a photo, crop it in Preview then CTRL+A/CTRL+C and then switch to Contacts and CTRL+V on the photo and it would update. Just got used to that method. Now I have to edit the photo then grab the photo file and drag it to contacts. I don’t do it often so not a show stopper, but still prefer Mojave to Monterey.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Besidea all the cumulative complaints since Mojave (dropping iTunes, dropping 32-bit support, etc), my only minor complaints with Monterey are: I really dislike the default boot wallpaper too bad it can’t be changed; I don’t like that the Books app no longer lets me display the book title and author beneath each book; and prior to Monterey I could copy and paste a photo in Contacts when updating photo, now with Monterey I have to drag and drop or choose a photo that’s already in my Photo Library. It’s a minor thing but for the past decade, I could go to LinkedIn or Twitter and screen capture a photo, crop it in Preview then CTRL+A/CTRL+C and then switch to Contacts and CTRL+V on the photo and it would update. Just got used to that method. Now I have to edit the photo then grab the photo file and drag it to contacts. I don’t do it often so not a show stopper, but still prefer Mojave to Monterey.
I'm on Big Sur after "having " had to abandon Mojave for photography reasons. I'm still using iTunes after installing it, using Retroactive. Not bad after all.
In conjunction with Apple Configurator it works the way I want

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
I'm still using Mojave on my late 2014 Mac Mini. I haven't run into anything I want to do that it won't let me do, somehow. The only "glitch" so far is a bank website that does not play nice with Safari. I have to use Firefox, and I expect that to work for a long time to come.
Same here. But Apple threw and update 14.1.2 and the problem is no more.

Reactions: MBAir2010

aespana

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2020
Which browser do you use guys?

I have a Macbook Retina 2017 (M3/8GB/256GB) and I just can't feel a good experience with Catalina and the later OS. I always do a install of High Sierra again which is the one that works flawless for me.
With Mojave the experience is basically the same. And also.. iTunes!

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Created a dual boot system on my cMP 5.1 (mid-2012):

1. macOS Mojave 10.14.6 - Bare Metal <- just can't say goodbye to her.
2. macOS Monterey 12.6.3 - Open Core Legacy Patcher 0.6.1 <- sorry gals and guys. 😇

Have a nice and quite Sunday afternoon ya'll. :cool:

aespana

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2020
Interesting. How is the performance and battery use?
Firefox of course!
I didn't find High Sierra all that good. Actually the Finder felt off. Mojave fixed all that and then some.
Yeah! Firefox is always a good choise. I'm currently using Edge in my Windows machines and works good with Mac OS too but sometimes i miss Firefox and all related to him (Privacy, performance, etc)

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
Created a dual boot system on my cMP 5.1 (mid-2012):

1. macOS Mojave 10.14.6 - Bare Metal <- just can't say goodbye to her.
2. macOS Monterey 12.6.3 - Open Core Legacy Patcher 0.6.1 <- sorry gals and guys. 😇

Have a nice and quite Sunday afternoon ya'll. :cool:
How did you do this? Would the Open Core Legacy Patcher interfere with the Mojave install?

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
How did you do this? Would the Open Core Legacy Patcher interfere with the Mojave install?

I clean installed macOS Monterey following - to each and every word! - the video tutorial by Mr. Macintosh on YouTube on one of my SSDs in my cMP 5,1.

I have no interference with the separate SSD installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6. at all.

See my SSD setup below:
Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 10.10.00.png

Please be aware! Make sure you have a very tight backup scheme, I have multiple - BOOTABLE - Carbon Cloner Copy backups of macOS Mojave and Monterey on external HDD - Raid1 - enclosures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idgit and MBAir2010

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
I clean installed macOS Monterey following - to each and every word! - the video tutorial by Mr. Macintosh on YouTube on one of my SSDs in my cMP 5,1.

I have no interference with the separate SSD installed macOS Mojave 10.14.6. at all.

See my SSD setup below:
View attachment 2151595
Please be aware! Make sure you have a very tight backup scheme, I have multiple - BOOTABLE - Carbon Cloner Copy backups of macOS Mojave and Monterey on external HDD - Raid1 - enclosures.
Oh, okay, you installed it on a separate drive. I thought you had partitioned your SDD. Separate drives would definitely make it easier.

Reactions: m4v3r1ck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.