Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Thank you for your valuable insight! I’m definitely putting the first two on my list, and it’s a shame that the new Ghostbusters movie doesn’t deliver because I’m a fan of the 80s movies and Bill Murray. I’ll watch it at some point anyways, because nostalgia.
My pleasure. Murray appears for a grand total of 2 minutes or so, although he delivers the best one liners of the movie.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
On to this...

il_570xN.3245608043_o3c1.jpg
This, Vertigo, and Psycho, To Catch a Thief are my 4 favorite Hitchcock films. Second favorites, Strangers on a Train, Rear Window, The Birds, and Torn Curtain.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Never seen that first film, the middle one is a masterclass in film making, the last one well, just proved CGI monsters really aren’t a patch on big models and props covered in goo.
Just realised I don’t actually own The Thing, this middle one, I’ll have to fix that!
In the realm of sci-fi horror, The Thing From Another World was ahead of it’s time for early 50s cinema although today it must come across as dated. What scared people in the 50s was such a low bar as compared to today, although the structure of the story and presentation is quite good even though it avoided the key element of the source material, “who can you trust”. Yes, I realize I’m repeating myself. 😝

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
What an excellent film, thoroughly enjoyed it and it really highlighted the great friendship the two had. Highly recommend it. Watched it this evening. Shelby Cobra is one of my dream garage cars.

IMG_0078.jpeg

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.