Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Does the Andar Aspen get any Magsafe indents or marks on the back from charging?
This will be my first Andar case.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Phone Rebel Air 2 is a direct knockoff of the Synthesis :oops: IMO with that Magsafe indent a complete fail o_O

Going back into the Synthesis this afternoon as this Magsafe indent is sparking up my OCD ;)

as01.jpg
as02.jpg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Air 2 with the aluminum camera protector :rolleyes:

I actually too some goo gone and removed all the sticky stuff off one of the old camera protectors o_O
This way I can just lay the protector on for pictures and decide if I want to stick another one on or not.

ag01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmyone and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Phone Rebel Air 2 is a direct knockoff of the Synthesis :oops: IMO with that Magsafe indent a complete fail o_O

Going back into the Synthesis this afternoon as this Magsafe indent is sparking up my OCD ;)

View attachment 2370534 View attachment 2370535
I’m back in the Synthesis too. PR seems to have copied the Synthesis in terms of looks and grip, but skipped the most important part in my opinion, which is the rigid backplate. The Air’s TPU also seems softer, which together with the lack of backplate is probably the cause of the MagSafe indent.

IMG_2078.jpeg

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Got mine through this morning.

A very nice case! Not finding it too slippery at the moment.

Am liking the black and NT contrast
Been in the Ultra Hybrid Matte all weekend.

Been sleeping on this one! What a great case - I can see why so many on here have it as their staple.

Reactions: Zensō and phrekaru

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
I’m back in the Synthesis too. PR copied the Synthesis in terms of looks and grip, but skipped the most important part, which is the rigid backplate. The Air’s TPU is also softer, which together with the lack of backplate cause the MagSafe indent as well as too much flex along the sides.

View attachment 2370579
Does that camera cutout annoy you? You don't get a MagSafe hump/ring?
They want $79AUD here.

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Does that camera cutout annoy you? You don't get a MagSafe hump/ring?
They want $79AUD here.
I’m ambivalent about the cutout on the Synthesis. The hard backplate prevents the MagSafe indent, similar to the Symmetry. The fit is very good, better than the Symmetry. The buttons are meh, but fine. I like the grip, the super tight fit, and the thin profile, which approaches (but doesn’t quite match) the Apple cases.

Last edited:

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
I’m ambivalent about the cutout. The hard backplate prevents the MagSafe indent, similar to the Symmetry. The fit is very good, better than the Symmetry. The buttons are meh, but fine. I like the grip, the super tight fit, and the thin profile, which approaches (but doesn’t quite match) the Apple cases.
hard to find a case that has everything good lol

Reactions: Zensō

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Anyone have experience with the Otterbox Core? Specifically the material it's made from - is it silicone like the Apple silicone case? I can never get on with that as I find it too sticky/lint magnet etc.

If it's more of a plastic feel though (like the Otterbox Symmetry etc) then I might try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.