Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I've not normally been one for 'fiber' type cases, mainly because fingerprints have always bugged me too much. I tried the Rebel Gen-5 this year and thought it was poor, I particularly disliked the gaps between the fiber backing and the TPU sides, grime just seemed to always be stuck in there.

But.. someone just gave me a Benks MagClap ArmorPro and I am pretty impressed. It feels beautifully made and high quality, a few hours in I'm not seeing many fingerprints, cutouts don't hurt my pinky, and the buttons are fantastic. It's taken me by surprise but I'm loving it. One of the most impressive cases I've had this year.

And makes me think.... has anyone got any other fiber cases they'd recommend trying? As above, I really didn't like the Rebel, and I did try the Pitaka but found the cutouts sharp on my pinky.

Yes! Best case IMO.
First case I bought and have a big pile of shame of eight other cases as I always go back to the Benks Armor Pro.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Otterbox Cactus Green in the house :oops:
Was kind of hoping the green was more like the stock Otterbox pics, but it is what it is.

What ya think about this green?

Wonder what the brown is like in person?

Attachments

• green01.jpg
    green01.jpg
    910.9 KB · Views: 45
  • green02.jpg
    green02.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 43
  • green03.jpg
    green03.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • green04.jpg
    green04.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 46
  • green05.jpg
    green05.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • green06.jpg
    green06.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • green07.jpg
    green07.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • green08.jpg
    green08.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • green09.jpg
    green09.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
2 post up, last picture and you will find your answer :rolleyes:

4183720ad44e7c8f571138f52b016614.jpg

The case looks great, but I’m gonna need some details on how you changed your icons and where you found those specific icons. This reminds me so much of my 3GS days when I was jailbroken and would go through and change each icon one by one. I wasted so much time doing that, but man was it fun!

PKdeGallo

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2015
Miami, FL
Guys this otterbox
Cactus is like a dream come true…. It’s otterbox, leather like , tight fit, soft lining , nice buttons and cutouts and leaves no MagSafe marks….. I hope they make one for the 16….

You'd think they would make it for the 16 but Otterbox has yet to sell the cases on their own website lmfao. These were announced at CES back in January.

Reactions: richxps

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
4183720ad44e7c8f571138f52b016614.jpg

The case looks great, but I’m gonna need some details on how you changed your icons and where you found those specific icons. This reminds me so much of my 3GS days when I was jailbroken and would go through and change each icon one by one. I wasted so much time doing that, but man was it fun!
I changed them all using shortcuts one at a time. The only problem with this is the notification badges will not show up on these icons. The icons were from an expensive icon pack. There are icons from 2-3 different packs here.

Last edited:

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Otterbox Cactus Green in the house :oops:
Was kind of hoping the green was more like the stock Otterbox pics, but it is what it is.

What ya think about this green?

Wonder what the brown is like in person?
Can you post a link to this case please as thinking of purchasing it but can't find it on amazon.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Stopped off at my local Verizon, and got the black cactus for my 15 promax. Very impressive, buttons, grip, fit on the phone, and no obtrusive branding.

Really well done
I don't think this case can be bought from the UK as can't seem to find it anywhere..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.