Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Air 2 with the aluminum camera protector :rolleyes:

I actually too some goo gone and removed all the sticky stuff off one of the old camera protectors o_O
This way I can just lay the protector on for pictures and decide if I want to stick another one on or not.

View attachment 2370574
Just got my air2 case today. It’s okay, it’s a little thinner than my symmetry but it’s heavier and the weight is noticeable. Lastly the align magnet it’s noticeable, the ring isn’t. It’s going back.

Reactions: Hooterville

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Just got my air2 case today. It’s okay, it’s a little thinner than my symmetry but it’s heavier and the weight is noticeable. Lastly the align magnet it’s noticeable, the ring isn’t. It’s going back.
It’s too bad PR didn’t nail this case. A Synthesis without the unnecessary camera surround extension, floating buttons, and flush swiping, would be hard to beat. What we got is yet another mid-grade TPU case with a MagSafe indent.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
I ALMOST spent my money on the PR Air 2, but thankfully I didn't. I had high hopes that it'd be the next case that I buy, but thanks to everyone here, I saved the $22 I would've spent on a paperweight, because after I used it a couple of times, it would've gone straight into my "Drawer of death" with a majority of other cases I wasted my money on 🤣

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I keep chirping on but I love, love, love the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Completely sold on always having one of these in my rotation in future. This and an Aspen is all you’ll ever need.

Although at the moment, I don’t even want to go back to my aspen.

Ordered my wife the non-MagSafe, non-matte version today.

IMG_0262.jpeg

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Spent the day in this today.

I highly recommend to anyone in the market for a case of this style.

Been after a decent non leather option for a while and I’ve found it. This, IMO in streets ahead of the Caudabe Sheath (which I tried so hard to get on with) for comfort, fit and tactility.

I love how resistant to smudges it is
You can ignore these posts from the other day. This particular case is nothing on the Spigen

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Like a bunch of us, I received the Air 2 case today and while it’s fine, [mention]Hooterville [/mention]is correct in that’s it’s basically a Synthesis clone (and not nearly as good).

I should return it, but with a discount code I paid right at $20 shipped, so I’m not going to even bother. It’s not worth the hassle.

I’m now back in my trusty Synthesis.

phrekaru

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2017
Medellin, Antioquia
I keep chirping on but I love, love, love the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Completely sold on always having one of these in my rotation in future. This and an Aspen is all you’ll ever need.

Although at the moment, I don’t even want to go back to my aspen.

Ordered my wife the non-MagSafe, non-matte version today.

View attachment 2370927
And it also seems to protect the speaker

IMG_0090.jpeg

Reactions: alamperti

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Everyone complaining about MagSafe indents. Just use the synthesis, no issues after 6 months.
My only issue with the Synthesis is that mine gets all these shiny scratches all over the back after a few weeks of use. I do manual labor for a living but my phone is kept in a pocket by itself and I don’t abuse it…. What color do you use?

Reactions: off2marz

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I’m not even going to attempt to post a pic. Made it home to my $25 black leather nomad. Either my hands are dry or this thing is slicker than a bar of soap. Ooof. Seems to slip on rather easily; almost too easily to me.

Probably a solid buy at $25. If it was $50+ it would be on its way back to Verizon.

fadeout

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2023
Air 2 showed up and honestly for $20 I’m keeping it. The grip is perfect on it and I like the raised corners. Like others have said the back plate isn’t as stiff as the synthesis but I hated how hard that case was to get on and off and I’ve already condemned mine to the recycling bin a long time ago. This will be a good substitute. The indent on the back sucks but I can live with it for the other pluses that this case brings with it.

juice3250

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2014
Anyone have the Spigen Rugged Armor case? Right now it’s only $20 on Amazon. How is the grip on it?

I just can’t spend more than $25 on a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.