Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appletvbob

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2009
As my two previous iPhones: I bought an el-cheapo Amazon clear case. The last "real" case I bought was Apple leather. It smelled nice and one of the ends eventually chipped off. My iphone is a phone and it's a damn-fine camera... and a few other things. What it isn't, is something sitting on my desk to be admired or a fashion statement. You be you and I'll be me.

Reactions: StaceyBink

Djalaiaoan_go

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
Which phone case would you like to prepare for the upcoming new iPhone 15 series?

Which functions do you like most for the case, with magnet, bracket, wallet or wrist/shoulder lanyard?
I purchased the Alto iPhone 15 leather case because I’ve been using this brand’s phone case for my iPhone 14 Pro for a year now, and my overall experience has been excellent. There are a few reasons why I’d like to continue using this brand:

1. This is genuine leather and it supports MagSafe.
2. The full leather wrap design looks incredibly stylish.
3. It provides good daily drop protection.

These factors make it a preferred choice for me.

IceOnFire

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013

IceOnFire

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
First time buying a Spigen Ultra Hybrid MagFit. Does anyone have an opinion on which color would look best on a Blue Titanium iPhone Pro? I'm thinking maybe Carbon Fiber or Graphite?
I will be ordering the Graphite for my Blue Titatium.

IceOnFire

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
I will be choosing between the Spigen Ultra Hybrid & ESR with kickstand while I wait for the Caudabe Sheath to arrive.

Reactions: Southernguy

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Silicone. Cypress. Would go with leather but they don’t make that anymore. Finewoven - no way. Oil and dirt magnet. Plus charge same price as leather for something that’s recycled and not premium? Lol.

Reactions: Margit72

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
I'm assuming you have the Arc Pulse for your current phone? Does it stay on? I'd be worried half of it would stick in my pocket.
yes i’ve had it on for a year now. no issues, love it. yes it stays on firmly and actually takes some strength and effort to pull off.

Reactions: noiceT

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
None of the Apple cases appeal to me any longer, and we have quite a limited selection in New Zealand for cases prior to launch.

I'm trying a Spigen iPhone 15 Pro (6.1") Mag Armor Magfit Case:
1695076115307.jpeg

I've heard mixed things about Spigen, but apparently their Mag Armor stuff is okay.

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
GA
I am still thinking of giving FineWoven a run to see what it looks like with regular use and wear. It might be an interesting, albeit expensive, experiment.

I have purchased a silicone case (Winter Blue) as well as the Otterbox Lumen case. Who knows what I will end up with [if I can ever decide to settle on my daily carry]. o_O

Reactions: Margit72 and mr.sam

Gin house

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
Which phone case would you like to prepare for the upcoming new iPhone 15 series?

Which functions do you like most for the case, with magnet, bracket, wallet or wrist/shoulder lanyard?
torras kickstand case is not bulky at all. And compatible with MagSafe feature, super smooth case like the velvet. just a bit pricey

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
None of the Apple cases appeal to me any longer, and we have quite a limited selection in New Zealand for cases prior to launch.

View attachment 2267978

I've heard mixed things about Spigen, but apparently their Mag Armor stuff is okay.
I'm trying to decide whether to go with the Tough Armour or Mous Limitless. What mixed things have you heard about Spiegen?

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011

View attachment 2267978

I’ve used the Spigen Liquid Air for several years as it was thin enough to accept a metal plate between case and phone such that the magnetic strength from car-mount wasn’t compromised.

Last year I updated car-mount to MagSafe (ESR with CryoBoost) and subsequently had to upgrade phone case.

I went for the Spigen MagArmor and it has been fantastic!

I have a new one ready for the arrival of my iPhone 15 Pro! - along with ESR Armorlite screen protector.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Are they slippery in hand at all?
No the MagEZ case from Pitaka has great grip to it, is super thin and light and just feels good in the hand. I hope the iPhone 15 Pro isn’t as slippery as the iPhone 13 Pro. I really wanna go naked but if it’s anything like the 13 Pro I’ll need a case. That thing is like holding a fish.

Kaulini

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2023
For both iphone 15 pro and iphone 15 pro max im getting fake silicon cases from china with apple logo, animation when its placed on, and proper strong magsafe magnets in the back.

seeing how apple is ripping people with 60 euro cases that break apart within a month, why not pay for the exact replica for 14 euros.

Reactions: kvlq and Margit72

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
Sticking with either Pitaka or Mous. I really don't like fat or big cases. The 15 PM is fat enough, don't need to make it fatter. They should be here tomorrow and I'll see which one fits the slimmest.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I bought three cases.

Spigen Ultra Hybrid - excellent as always. Slides in an out of pocket with ease, and the material just sticks to my hand so grip is unmatched. Clear looks killer on the green 15. Buttons work perfectly. Nice feel.

Spigen Mag Armor - black. A little boring. Has “grip” on it but doesn’t grip as well as Ultra Hybrid for me. Great option for when I want to be a little more subtle. Buttons work great on this too.

Apple Silicone Cypress - looks really nice on the green iPhone 15. Grip wise, I find it not great. Tends to slide through my fingers when holding, but then sticks in my pocket. Buttons also feel great.

newb-sasquatch

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Alabama
Bought four cases.

Torras one with a kickstand. Buttons on THIS model were subpar. It seemed like maybe this was one of their first iPhone 15 cases. Returned.

Apple Fine Woven. Pricey for what it is. Buttons feel good like typical apple cases. Durability seems suspect. Not sure how the fabric will handle stains. Probably returning.

Mujjo leather case. Looked good online. Not as impressive in person in my opinion. Leather feels a bit plasticky and the rim around the camera has a brassy look. The buttons appear to just be glued on top of the leather and not true mechanical buttons. Returning next week.

Torras 360 Rotatable Magnetic Ring (stock pic attached). Has premium mechanical buttons and case seems fairly slim and durable. Kick stand ring works well. Keeping.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    1,021 KB · Views: 72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.