Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
The FineWoven look like pure 💩garbage. First HONEST reviews and tear apart confirm that they will look like utter trash in a week. They are clearly not worth $60 or are they as nice as the leather cases of old(despite those being not super durable, but they were nice enough).

Hey Apple... you know what biodegrades?? Leather... you know what may be recycled but will be there still looking like sh*t in 2000 years(just like it looks today)?? This FineWoven garbage you are peddling for $60.

This year I got a Clay silicon case for my 15 PM Natural Titanium that looks like it matches well in the pics. I normally hate silicon, but I will start with that and go from there. I will prolly pick up a new round magesafe pop socket and see how that works naked.

1694825757942-png.2264054
I have the clay and it is certainly a lot darker than those pics. But is does look different in different lighting.
IMG_1330.jpeg
IMG_1329.jpeg
IMG_1331.jpeg

Larrupin

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
California
I bought the black fine woven but I am not sure if I will like it so I bought an Otterbox Commuter just in case I don’t. That will buy me time to find what I really want if fine woven isn’t it. I am loving seeing all the choices in this thread, and a few others, they are giving me lots of new case ideas to check out.

Reactions: Cloris

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
With reluctance on price, I ordered:

I’m hoping the price equates to product quality and the case remains truly clear, no noticeable yellowing, for at least a few years.

J Ham

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2020
I wanted to try the Andar Aspen leather case but it looks like the action button isn't covered. Anyone can confirm whether or not it is covered?
Exact same boat as you. I reached out to them via instagram and this was their response “At this moment it’s just a cutout but definitely a possibility for the future!”

Reactions: aaron5566

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
View attachment 2260803
ESR case with kickstand. It's actually very good. Kickstand is awesome and I use it all the time on 14pm, and it also acts as a camera protection... And the magnets are stronger than the original magsafe cases...

Probably will also get a case from REBEL once it is available...

Does the cover/stand protrude much when closed?

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
I have 11 cases in my Amazon cart I’m trying to choose upon for me and hubby…
Here are couple

Thanks for sharing - was looking for a Plum-ish one and everything I was finding was so junky. This looks promising for my Natural Pro...lmk if you get it and what you think!

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Yup, I feel the same. My ritual is the same every year when I get a new iPhone. Love the Caudabe Sheath. Has never failed me yet. I'm curious about the new Apple FineWoven cases, but the initial reviews I've seen are nothing short of terrible. I'll probably pick one up to try out, but just go back to my Sheath.
I wish they had a covered Action Button from the beginning, but at least they are offering to send a new one when it comes out.

aaron5566

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
Exact same boat as you. I reached out to them via instagram and this was their response “At this moment it’s just a cutout but definitely a possibility for the future!”

Thanks! I too reached out to them but they just replied that they will check with their team and haven't gotten back but from TechTee's videos, definitely looks like just like a cutout. Kind of feels like they recycled the iPhone 14 Pro Max case..

I guess I'll rock case-less until they cover it up.

Reactions: J Ham

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
Anyone here know the difference between the Speck Presidio grip and the Speck candyshell grip? They look pretty much the same, is it just grip pattern?

Reactions: Margit72

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Anyone here know the difference between the Speck Presidio grip and the Speck candyshell grip? They look pretty much the same, is it just grip pattern?
The candy has an inner layer that includes the buttons. The presidio has a different inner layer that doesn’t wrap the screens edge.

Reactions: Margit72 and i007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.