Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Gone are the days when it was possible indeed. Thinking that Apple will keep supporting it

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I have a few variations of those too. Love them. Don't think we have to worry that those disappear.
Assume that I am not the only one that have @me @mac @icloud connected to our Apple-ID.

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
You can still use your @mac.com email, if you were part of the .Mac service. The only thing they’re axing is MobileMe, my @me.com still receives, but it’s off my list of emails I can use to send.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
I do! I don’t use it, I use the me.com version, but boy does Apple just LOVE automatically switching it back to the mac.com one in basically every Apple UI… -___-

iamdmann

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2007
NYCish.
I still use it as my main email address - my aliases, too. They'll have to pry that address out of my phone because I'll never willingly give it up. I like it so much more than "iCloud". It just strikes me as more efficient. At some point I wonder if they'll add them back as some newer, higher tier of their services business. I subscribed to itools...they'll get me again. (I also couldn't buy the OS X buggy beta/v1 fast enough...and newtons...)

Mactech20

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2021
Who is still using theirs?
Personally, I do every time I can. I love still having such a short name, and I hope that Apple keeps it supported for years to come.
I use mine everyday as my primary email address. Funny, I was only 3 years old when my dad set it up but he thought it was a cool address and wanted to give it to me when I was older. He wasn't sure how long they'd offer it. Glad he did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.