Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Same here! Still use it as my main email, and have done since the day I got it. Always intend to, as well!

longdogs

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Lichfield UK
Still my primary account even though I have my own domain. Just short and snappy. I always think the Apple Store guys will think it’s cool - they never do sadly.

I get comments every time I give my @mac.com address in a UK Apple Store. I’d guess it’s not that common these days.

danbalsh

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2003
Yep, had it since the iTools days, always makes me smile when I buy something from the Apple Store in person... and they ask for your email you often get a nod of respect.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
I do too - those of us old enough to have one have one...!

And, its my main email... my only email... the only email address I quote.... its my iCloud account etc etc etc

Why are we discussing it "being taken away".... how could they do that or why would they do that?

As @danbalsh just said... there is always a knowing look or acknowledgement that you are a very long standing apple customer if you have one.

Reactions: danbalsh

Schismz

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
You can still use your @mac.com email, if you were part of the .Mac service. The only thing they’re axing is MobileMe, my @me.com still receives, but it’s off my list of emails I can use to send.
Really? why? Mine works just fine. Had @Mac which still works but I haven't sent from it in years, have an @me which works just fine for send/receive and have received no notice from Apple that it's going to stop, @icloud works too of course.

The @me is just the shortest/simplest email I have, firstname@me.com. For the most part nobody really understands or remembers that this is one of Apple's domains, people often ask how to sign up for it, the answer being a time machine.

Last edited:

secryt

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2020
Who is still using theirs?
Personally, I do every time I can. I love still having such a short name, and I hope that Apple keeps it supported for years to come.
I do! However I use iCloud and just have the @Mac and @me sitting there. Honestly I really like iCloud and never use the other two.

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Yes, it's always been my email address and always will be. I never use @me or @icloud.

My @Mac account will always be my primary. Never thought anything special about it the way you guys do, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.