Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
Really? why? Mine works just fine. Had @Mac which still works but I haven't sent from it in years, have an @me which works just fine for send/receive and have received no notice from Apple that it's going to stop, @icloud works too of course.

The @me is just the shortest/simplest email I have, firstname@me.com. For the most part nobody really understands or remembers that this is one of Apple's domains, people often ask how to sign up for it, the answer being a time machine.
Just checked to confirm. Someone tried to breach my Xbox account, which used my old @me.com address. Set up a specific iCloud alias for it, so problem was fixed thanks to that handy tool from Apple.

Did some kind of move with support on my account, then my @me.com was gone for a while. Just noticed it’s back.

I think I can’t create alias emails using the @Mac or @me ends, just iCloud. I’ve almost maxed out on those too, very handy!

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
100%
a short easy-to-spell domain is excellent, and I like the "mac" association.

And since most people & companies that create paper forms that you have to fill out by hand (e.g., in doctors' offices) never make the "email address" box big enough (while often leaving lots of space for "state," which needs two letters!), I love having something that can fit.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
And since most people & companies that create paper forms that you have to fill out by hand (e.g., in doctors' offices) never make the "email address" box big enough (while often leaving lots of space for "state," which needs two letters!), I love having something that can fit.
Spot on, so frustrating sometimes...

• Love
Reactions: srbNYC

Itpor82

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2022
Seattle, WA
OMG! I still have my .Mac account. It only gets use for Apple.com Also when I go into the Apple store when they ask for my email and I say .Mac they ask me what is .Mac?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I've used @mac.com as my primary email since Apple made it available with iTools in the year 2000. 22 years? Geez, Louise.

More recently I've contemplated switching over to @iCloud.com because sometimes when someone asks for my email address, it's like they misunderstand me. I'm speaking clearly & articulately.

Person: "mac.com? M-A-C? like the Mac?"

Me: "Yes, exactly."

A couple of times I've had to spell it out.

Me: "mike alfa charlie.com." It's really weird!!

So I figured it would way simpler to be like "@icloud.com."
You should have access to all of them in the same inbox anyway, regardless of which one you give out, I believe. I can use @Mac.com, @me.com or @iCloud.com and they all work. Of course new users can't sign up for an @Mac or @me.com.

George Zip

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2011
I have it and use it as my main address.
Same here; it became my primary business email and all my clients know me by it. Been using it since I first got it as my daily email address. I tried @me for a bit but that just didn't feel right (all my kids have @me addresses) and I don't like @icloud for whatever reason.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Same here; it became my primary business email and all my clients know me by it. Been using it since I first got it as my daily email address. I tried @me for a bit but that just didn't feel right (all my kids have @me addresses) and I don't like @icloud for whatever reason.
I also don’t like iCloud. Can’t pinpoint why, I just don’t like it. Mac is primary and occasionally I’ll use Me. But Mac just feels right.

ezekielelin

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
I do! I don’t use it, I use the me.com version, but boy does Apple just LOVE automatically switching it back to the mac.com one in basically every Apple UI… -___-
What do you have set as your default in the mail app on iCloud.com?

leagueoflegos

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2022
I think someone saw your post while at the gas station.

Attachments

• 79DE803F-7244-40D4-A368-D04081FD52BC.jpeg
    79DE803F-7244-40D4-A368-D04081FD52BC.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: AltecX

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
I still use my @mac.com email, though in general my iCloud based email is secondary to my gmail based one. If I am giving out an email address that I think is gonna somehow land on a spam list, I give out the @mac.com one. ?‍♂️

Reactions: dork

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
Mine is my main email address, which is simply my last name. No numbers or letters added.
Guess I lucked out.

Good thing because it's easy to remember! ;)

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I still have my @mac.com email and use it as my primary address and will continue as long as it is possible.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
Yup, still use mine. It is my primary email account that my life runs through.

Love having that little bit of history with me everyday

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I’m still using it as main account. I also have the .me and the .iCloud one. I also have the legacy account name for the Apple Store (no email attached) which means that I need still to log with different accounts for the store/icloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.