Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I actually OWN a Galaxy S10e.
It is an inferior product compared to the iPhone 11.
Not evento to speak about ridiculous phones like a Pixel 3A...

You keep speaking about “better” display based only on resolution. This clearly tell me a lot about your understanding on the matter...

lol. I actually enjoy Samsung Galaxy S10e a lot and looked into it and the 3A before I decided on my 11 pro. It’s not inferior to the 11. The oled panels are better not including resolution or PPi. LCD screens are the past and those big bezels are a big no for me. Thus why I bought a 11 pro then the 11.

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
lol. I actually enjoy Samsung Galaxy S10e a lot and looked into it and the 3A before I decided on my 11 pro. It’s not inferior to the 11. The oled panels are better not including resolution or PPi. LCD screens are the past and those big bezels are a big no for me. Thus why I bought a 11 pro then the 11.
Nope.
Galaxy S10e in inferior to iPhone 11 in almost every single aspect, and the Pixel 3A is a joke.
Big bezels ? Lol... and you used the Pixel 3A ?????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Reactions: profets

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Nope.
Galaxy S10e in inferior to iPhone 11 in almost every single aspect, and the Pixel 3A is a joke.
Big bezels ? Lol... and you used the Pixel 3A

It’s not inferior with the exception of the cpu. Even then the snapdragon cpu is fine. The iPhone 11 is more of a joke then the pixel 3A. Yeah big bezels for the ugly LCD display on the $699 iPhone. For half the price the 3A is a bit forgiven for the top bezel with its OLED display.

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
It’s not inferior with the exception of the cpu. Even then the snapdragon cpu is fine. The iPhone 11 is more of a joke then the pixel 3A. Yeah big bezels for the ugly LCD display on the $699 iPhone. For half the price the 3A is a bit forgiven for the top bezel with its OLED display.
Keep repeating this non sense won’t make it true.
Battery, SoC, camera ... the iPhone 11 is better than a Galaxy S10 in everything.

Pixel 3A ... is good for people with basic needs. even for half the price. The display is OLED and it is the demonstration you really don’t know much about quality. It is dull, much less bright (450 nits vs 640 nits on the 11) and not even HDR support, with much less color precision. But hey, your read OLED on the specs... ??‍♂️
[automerge]1578685483[/automerge]
It’s not for me . Thus why I bought an iPhone 11 Pro then the iPhone 11.
You said that about a million times...

Reactions: russell_314

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Keep repeating this non sense won’t make it true.
Battery, SoC, camera ... the iPhone 11 is better than a Galaxy S10 in everything.

Pixel 3A ... is good for people with basic needs. even for half the price. The display is OLED and it is the demonstration you really don’t know much about quality. It is dull, much less bright (450 nits vs 640 nits on the 11) and not even HDR support, with much less color precision. But hey, your read OLED on the specs... ??‍♂️
[automerge]1578685483[/automerge]

You said that about a million times...

Camera I prefer the S10e, battery life is a wash imho. Android can do better battery management.

I know about quality but at the price point of $399 I’ll take it over the $699 iPhone 11. See it’s the price that’s why I will never buy the iPhone 11. For half the price you get a phone that works fine. If the iPhone 11 was $500 it would be ok. I’m not a sheep and don’t buy the phone because of the Apple on the back.

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Camera I prefer the S10e, battery life is a wash imho. Android can do better battery management.

I know about quality but at the price point of $399 I’ll take it over the $699 iPhone 11. See it’s the price that’s why I will never buy the iPhone 11. For half the price you get a phone that works fine. If the iPhone 11 was $500 it would be ok. I’m not a sheep and don’t buy the phone because of the Apple on the back.
No point in keep arguing with someone denying the truth.
Camera better on the S10e ? In which parallel universe ?
Battery life difference is embarrassing...
Android can do better battery management ? Maybe on Mars, on in Andromeda constellation. Surely not on earth.

And before leaving the thread, good bye by my two daily drivers (one of those incidentally is a galaxy S10e)...

You are not a sheep, for sure, since a sheep cant write on a forum. But you don’t know what are you speaking about.

E4DC2659-BC1A-4E96-B609-411CC5CC72A9.jpeg

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
No point in keep arguing with someone denying the truth.
Camera better on the S10e ? In which parallel universe ?
Battery life difference is embarrassing...
Android can do better battery management ? Maybe on Mars, on in Andromeda constellation. Surely not on earth.

And before leaving the thread, good bye by my two daily drivers (one of those incidentally is a galaxy S10e)...

You are not a sheep, for sure, since a sheep cant write on a forum. But you don’t know what are you speaking about.

View attachment 887900
I do know what I’m talking about and the iPhone 11 is overhyped phone at $699. It sells because of the logo. At $500-$550 it’s acceptable what don’t you get ? The iPhone 11 Pro is the better phone in every way possible. The $400 price difference is well worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I do know what I’m talking about and the iPhone 11 is overhyped phone at $699. It sells because of the logo. At $500-$550 it’s acceptable what don’t you get ? The iPhone 11 Pro is the better phone in every way possible. The $400 price difference is well worth it.
It sells because it’s an iPhone that runs iOS and isn’t ridiculously overpriced like the 11 Pro. If you don’t like the 11, don’t buy it. I really don’t know what your mission is here and why you feel you need to convince everybody why you don’t like the iPhone 11. Nobody cares.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
It’s not for me . Thus why I bought an iPhone 11 Pro then the iPhone 11.
Can you really spot individual pixels in the iPhone 11 screen? Honestly, I cannot.

I can understand someone who would buy the iPhone 11 Pro because of the OLED screen. I would do it myself, as the OLED screen of the iPhone 11 Pro is superior to the LCD in the iPhone 11. I can spot the difference when I put them side-by-side.

However, I cannot see the difference in resolution and I have not yet found someone who would. Having a superior resolution in the spec sheet means nothing to me if I cannot see the difference myself.

So, honestly, can you see the difference in resolution with your bare eyes? Or you just feel more comfortable having the best specced iPhone around, regardless of real world experience?

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
It sells because it’s an iPhone that runs iOS and isn’t ridiculously overpriced like the 11 Pro. If you don’t like the 11, don’t buy it. I really don’t know what your mission is here and why you feel you need to convince everybody why you don’t like the iPhone 11. Nobody cares.

Aka it sells because of the fancy Apple logo on the back. Because Apple knows this and over prices their phones

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Aka it sells because of the fancy Apple logo on the back. Because Apple knows this and over prices their phones
Branding is a strong pull too, but it sells because it runs iOS and is 95% of the phone the 11 Pro is for only £729. Who gives a toss if it’s got an LCD and one less camera? It’s a good phone and even the reviewers recommend it as the mainstream iPhone. If you can’t accept that then that is for you to come to terms with. Nobody is forced to buy anything they don’t want to and don’t assume 11 sells on logo only because that is absolutely false.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Branding is a strong pull too, but it sells because it runs iOS and is 95% of the phone the 11 Pro is for only £729. Who gives a toss if it’s got an LCD and one less camera? It’s a good phone and even the reviewers recommend it as the mainstream iPhone. If you can’t accept that then that is for you to come to terms with. Nobody is forced to buy anything they don’t want to and don’t assume 11 sells on logo only because that is absolutely false.

It’s not false what so ever. It does sell because of the fancy Apple logo on the back. To say people don’t buy certain things because of the status symbol stuff is that is false. Apple could remove the pros and sell the 11 for $999 and it would still sell.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It’s not false what so ever. It does sell because of the fancy Apple logo on the back. To say people don’t buy certain things because of the status symbol stuff is that is false. Apple could remove the pros and sell the 11 for $999 and it would still sell.
It’s the only product range on the market that runs iOS. It doesn’t have competition within its own operating system so it is appealing based on that alone. Apple has established itself as a quality cult brand and yes people like the brand. This doesn’t mean the 11 is sub par because you only buy phones based on the screen quality they have. You claim not to be brand loyal but you’re displaying prejudice against one particular model and suggesting everybody is stupid because they don’t have the same buying preferences as you. That’s very blinkered.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
It’s the only product range on the market that runs iOS. It doesn’t have competition within its own operating system so it is appealing based on that alone. Apple has established itself as a quality cult brand and yes people like the brand. This doesn’t mean the 11 is sub par because you only buy phones based on the screen quality they have. You claim not to be brand loyal but you’re displaying prejudice against one particular model and suggesting everybody is stupid because they don’t have the same buying preferences as you. That’s very blinkered.

The iPhone 11 sells because of the mixing factor it’s brand and the fact it’s the cheapest “11” iPhone. The phones value isn’t worth $699 but because of the fact it’s an iPhone Apple can sell it at $699. At $699 it’s an inferior product using its name and os to sell it.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
The concept of Apple needs 1080P on the regular iPhone only exists in Android fanboys minds. People who feel it's important that their phone has more P are going to spend the extra $300 for the Pro version. No one says well I was going to buy an iPhone but it just doesn't have enough P so I'm going Android. The whole product experience and expectation is different between the two. If you're buying the regular iPhone it's most likely because you're wanting the security, privacy, and reliability of iOS. Someone doesn't want to spend extra but still values these qualities as important isn't going to give them up for a arguably better display. Clearly Apple makes products that customers want or they wouldn't be a trillion dollar company.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
The concept of Apple needs 1080P on the regular iPhone only exists in Android fanboys minds. People who feel it's important that their phone has more P are going to spend the extra $300 for the Pro version. No one says well I was going to buy an iPhone but it just doesn't have enough P so I'm going Android. The whole product experience and expectation is different between the two. If you're buying the regular iPhone it's most likely because you're wanting the security, privacy, and reliability of iOS. Someone doesn't want to spend extra but still values these qualities as important isn't going to give them up for a arguably better display. Clearly Apple makes products that customers want or they wouldn't be a trillion dollar company.

Still doesn’t make their products good or bad. Just means they are great at selling a product. The product can suck but still sell.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Still doesn’t make their products good or bad. Just means they are great at selling a product. The product can suck but still sell.
Saying Apple products or the iPhone 11 specifically is "bad" or "sucks" is just your opinion. I can say Android sucks but many wouldn't agree.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Saying Apple products or the iPhone 11 specifically is "bad" or "sucks" is just your opinion. I can say Android sucks but many wouldn't agree.

And still doesn’t mean it won’t sell. It’s still an overpriced phone that people will buy because of that logo or because it’s an iPhone.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think these types of threads surfaces at least once a year. Consumers don’t care what 720P is. I get the thread topic is why is the iPhone display still 720 P, but what does it matter? That’s what Apple chose and does it have an effect on their sales? Not at all. Apple could offer 720P for the next five years and it won’t affect consumers decisions in choosing stay loyal to Apple. I Gather this is a tech site for more ‘technicality’ about discussions like this, but it doesn’t transcend in terms of real-world usage.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.