Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
In the upper left hand corner of this website reads;

"Macrumors
news and rumors you care about"

Why do we care? I don't care. Should anyone care? Should the forum promote copy-cats by giving it/them the time of day?

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
Getting the software to layout on all the different screen sizes and look good in all form factors is an innovation. Don't forget about the software. Its the biggest part of the user experience.

Standard UI stuff, nothing special about it.

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
In a world where people who love Apple quality hardware and iOS and the ecosystem can buy an Apple phone as they do now.

Also, as Apple make a LOT of profit on hardware.

The majority of people who don't want iOS but prefer the openness of Android, BUT would enjoy the look and build quality of an Apple device.

Then Apple can offer their hardware to both camps, people who want to use iOS and people who want to use Android.

Why would that be such a crazy concept if they make money either way?

Unless you feel that current Apple users would leave iOS as they could get Android, on Apple build hardware.

Still wouldn't make sense for Apple, they believe strongly in the hardware and software being designed together. That's why they can use less powerful hardware and compete with much faster hardware running bloated software.

GhostRaider

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
Is it possible to run a vanilla version of android on this thing? I think it would be better than cloning iOS.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I don't believe for a second that Goophone crap has a 13mp camera on the back.

Why don't these companies get sued to hell?

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Do they make knockoff Galaxy phones? Just curious.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
I miss the days when innovation meant more to Apple than a slightly enlarged version of an existing product.

what rubbish. for hardware did you miss the whole desktop-class 64-bit processing thing? a perfectly integrated biometric sensor? all the massive software innovation in iOS 8 and OS X?

also, if the new iPhone is as thin as suggested,
that's innovation. these things don't make themselves smaller. (and yes, I want a phone as flat as a piece of paper...that's the goal). not to mention the flexible sapphire display panels leaked -- that's innovation. and the Mac Pro, retina MacBook, etc...

but no, I get it, you're bored. you want apple to reinvent a mature product category it already reinvented. sorry but innovative iteration is the name of the game, and always has been for Apple.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Still wouldn't make sense for Apple, they believe strongly in the hardware and software being designed together. That's why they can use less powerful hardware and compete with much faster hardware running bloated software.

Jobs would often repeat the saying that if you want good software, design your own hardware (a saying he stole from Alan Kay), but in reality...

Until very recently, the hardware and software teams were kept separated and in the dark as to what each other was specifically doing.

Ive and Cook have publicized recently that this division is being torn down a bit, which is A Good Thing.

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
and people say samsung couldn't have copied parts after apple rumours because it takes too long to R&D (touch ID)?

These guys basically made a phone in a few months and it looks about as laggy and flaky as any android i've seen.

It certainly looks wrong in many places, the screen we know has a curve on it and buttons here are at jaunty angles etc usual Chinese crap. if you actually think this looks like a good deal you need your head sorting.

The day the chinese work out have to make things of the same quality and not skimp and save on materials they'll be selling to us direct.

jlabute

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014

CrownIsle

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2014
NY
Iphone6 may be my first iphone, though I have to say, the bottom of the iphone5's just looks so sharp and refined. I like it better than any of the mock ups floating about. Im sure they will stray from that nice looking squared metal design but I think its great looking on the phones.

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
To Funny

i can't wait for the day apple manufactures everything in house lets see how fast they copy apple then. Oh and yes this day will come Steve jobs even said himself that apple could do it and not raise the price of their products it was a lack of skilled labor in the US and it looks like to me apple is about to make that change over the next few years.

CooperGear

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
Sure, Apple makes money off of the hardware, some good money but do you know where they make more money? The App store, why give up that revenue to Google?

In a world where people who love Apple quality hardware and iOS and the ecosystem can buy an Apple phone as they do now.

Also, as Apple make a LOT of profit on hardware.

The majority of people who don't want iOS but prefer the openness of Android, BUT would enjoy the look and build quality of an Apple device.

Then Apple can offer their hardware to both camps, people who want to use iOS and people who want to use Android.

Why would that be such a crazy concept if they make money either way?

Unless you feel that current Apple users would leave iOS as they could get Android, on Apple build hardware.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
8GB Rom is NOT 8GB of Storage, ROM Is a read only disk (think CD-ROM) that have the crappy software preloaded on it...

they didn't really mention anything about the actual storage.

That's why I'm confused. I think the person who made the specs image doesn't know what ROM is. Not sure why a phone would need 8 GB of ROM anyway. They have to mean 8 GB of storage...not ROM.

CooperGear

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
I don't believe for a second that Goophone crap has a 13mp camera on the back.

Why don't these companies get sued to hell?

Because China. China doesn't care so the companies will copy anything they want. What about all the fake Apple stores they have there, they copied entire stores selling fake product.

macnisse

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
So, is that wico phone really running android? If so, how did they manage to get the OS "exactly" looking like iOS? Or is it a clone of iOS? If so, how did they accomplish that? Just curious. Any tips, links?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.