Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The new beer fridge is empty, in fact, it's not even running just yet - it was shipped on its side and the rep/online sources, say you should let it stand in the proper orientation for 24 hours to let oil flow back into the compressor before firing it up.

So here it sits in the office, lonely, no power ... I even skipped buying Celebration Ale today (Sierra Nevada) since it had no place to relax ...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The new beer fridge is empty, in fact, it's not even running just yet - it was shipped on its side and the rep/online sources, say you should let it stand in the proper orientation for 24 hours to let oil flow back into the compressor before firing it up.

So here it sits in the office, lonely, no power ... I even skipped buying Celebration Ale today (Sierra Nevada) since it had no place to relax ...

Good ale and stout/porter does not read need a fridge to "relax", still less in winter. In fact, a fridge can stun their subtle flavours into frozen insensibility.

Now, a lager, on the other hand, does best when near the cooler. Especially in summer.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Hitting up an HIIT class this morning with the wife, then we'll stop by the liquor store and rectify the emptiness of the new office/beverage fridge :D

IMG_6351-3.JPG

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I swapped the door (i.e., which side it opens from), so I can roll up to it from my desk and make a section :D
[automerge]1576331473[/automerge]
What do you intend to rectify the empty fridge with?

In other words, what beer do you plan to buy?

Now __that__ is the question of the day ... no specific plans, I'll let the universe guide me :D

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I swapped the door (i.e., which side it opens from), so I can roll up to it from my desk and make a section :D
[automerge]1576331473[/automerge]

Now __that__ is the question of the day ... no specific plans, I'll let the universe guide me :D

Consider me impressed.
[automerge]1576331562[/automerge]

Ah.

So, it will depend both on what is available, and what your eye falls on?

Do enjoy.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Although I usually keep a few for guests, I'm not a great lover of Burgundy. But I see you have mentioned a worthwhile example. :)

White Burgundies (for example, including, Meursault, Chablis, St-Aubin, Pouilly-Fuissé, Poligny-Montrachet, etc) are among my absolute favourites, but some of the red wines from Burgundy are also excellent.
[automerge]1576333363[/automerge]
Has anyone sworn off canned beer? I did about 30 years ago, because bottled beer seems to taste better over it’s equivalent in cans.

Personally, I far prefer bottled beer to canned beer.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Has anyone sworn off canned beer? I did about 30 years ago, because bottled beer seems to taste better over it’s equivalent in cans.

Modern canned beer is outstanding and really has no downside, in fact, there's several spectacular micro breweries that only ship in cans.

I'm talking about just the packaging, and not drinking out of it.

Case in point: today I picked up a 6 of a brand new Dogfish Head product, in bottles, 75 Minute IPA (hops between a 60 and a 90, but also infused with maple, plus beautiful bottle art), and a "go to" for us, a Belgian Tripel from Victory - the latter was in the case as both bottles and cans, and I chose the cans for better storage, since it will go into a glass at home - the DH? Might drink straight from the bottle, I like to mix it up.

I brought home (from NC) some of this, in cans, it's SPECTACULAR and of course, I didn't drink it out of the can ...

1576354516248.png

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

I have to agree with @D.T. regarding canned beer. Now don't get me wrong, I don't buy the mass produced stuff, but if you look at Stone or The Bruery, their offerings are outstanding. Some of the breweries only offer their products in a can. I also don't drink it straight from the can, I always pour it into a glass.

If you can find it, The Bruery has a Sticky Maple Stout that is offered in the can and it is one of my favorite beers!

As a general preference I usually prefer bottles.

Reactions: Huntn

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I was finally able to track down, or actually the wife did, St. Bernardus Wit beer, in a can no less! It was freaking delicious. If you like this style of beer, highly recommended!

Other Wit/White Ale beers that I really like, Avery Brewery White Rascal, Hitachino White Ale, Allagash White, Hoegaarden Witbier, and Einstok Icelandic White Ale. All delicious and now add St. Bernardus Wit to the mix! Oh, I almost forgot about Lost Coast Great White... another one to add to the mix!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I was finally able to track down, or actually the wife did, St. Bernardus Wit beer, in a can no less! It was freaking delicious. If you like this style of beer, highly recommended!

Other Wit/White Ale beers that I really like, Avery Brewery White Rascal, Hitachino White Ale, Allagash White, Hoegaarden Witbier, and Einstok Icelandic White Ale. All delicious and now add St. Bernardus Wit to the mix! Oh, I almost forgot about Lost Coast Great White... another one to add to the mix!

I have had the pleasure of savouring the St Bernardus Witbier and thoroughly enjoyed it; have also sample the version of Witbier produced by Hoegaarden, which is excellent.

Reactions: rhett7660
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.