Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theanoon

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Hi*all,

I noticed that upon dragging up an opened folder/window up the menu bar, the folder will flicker a little and then maximise to fill the screen. And no, it's not full screen just enlarged, maximised window.

Not too sure what I did and this feature is no longer there. Wondering if any of you all able to assist to bring this thing back, which I think is quite nice on ML. Thanks :)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Assign To

Having an issue with assigning a given app to a Desktop using Mission Control :-

Ast the Attached shows, the Assign To that should appear under Options when using multiple-desktops is not there for this app, but all others are show.

Any solutions ?

Attachments

• Assign To ..png
    Assign To ..png
    1.3 MB · Views: 504

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Having an issue with assigning a given app to a Desktop using Mission Control :-

Ast the Attached shows, the Assign To that should appear under Options when using multiple-desktops is not there for this app, but all others are show.

Any solutions ?

I use Apple Cleaner and I have the correct options. See the pic below.

I would suggest deleting and reinstalling. I am using version 2.1.0 (234).

S-

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at Aug 7 - 1.27.52 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-07 at Aug 7 - 1.27.52 AM.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 164

klmaj

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2012
Hi how can I get Facebook notifications on the Notification Center? I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. Kind regards, Susan. :)

seared.ahi

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
I noticed in the finder, that the graphics/icons in the sidebar are blue but colorless (monochrome). In Lep and Snow Lep I remember they used to be very detailed and colored. (the Home icon for example). I don't know what Lion looked like cause I never used it. But doesn't that seem like a step backward? I mean come on?! Where's the color????

Predator69

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
i agreed it is indeed a backward step taken by apple especially in Mountain Lion, why change the basic stuff thats working great before ?

upgrade suppose to be more new stuff while retaining the old basic functions that works even to the looks and feel of it. UI

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Speak to me buddy

Whets the shortcut for turning on Dictation in 10.8?

I "accidentally" did it once, and tried to reproduce this, but I couldn't

Going into Dictation, under System Preferences, I saw "press FN (Function" twice"

But this didn't work... Am I doing it wrong ?

Attachments

• Dictation.png
    Dictation.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 260

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

Switching between spaces (desktops in 10.7/8 parlance) no longer causes files on desktop to disappear and fade in again. It was really irritating on 10.7!

Seems much better now...

I think this was the same experience in 10.7 when the "rubber band" effect would "make desktop icons disappear, and the only way to make them "re"appear is to switch over to another space, then back.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I don't know if anyone else posted this but pressing Command+Option+F5 will gray out the screen and bring up a window with some Accessibility options.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 7.46.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 7.46.13 PM.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 155

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
Color Icons

I noticed in the finder, that the graphics/icons in the sidebar are blue but colorless (monochrome). In Lep and Snow Lep I remember they used to be very detailed and colored. (the Home icon for example). I don't know what Lion looked like cause I never used it. But doesn't that seem like a step backward? I mean come on?! Where's the color????
There is a long thread on this issue in the Lion forum:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1197960/

This was extensively discussed and there is a workaround that may work in Mountain Lion. I know at least some of the posters used the Apple feedback site and I myself had a verbal interchange with Apple tech support (called on another issue) where the technician told me that Apple was aware of the consumer discontent. Apparently not quite enough. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.