Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
I feel like this whole Antonio Brown saga was orchestrated behind the scenes to get him to the Patriots... I don't think its collusion per se... Patriots probably just confirmed to his agent that they would pick him up if he were released ( I guess that is collusion lol)

:rolleyes:

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I wouldn’t be surprised if Brown has a target on his back now. There are at least two teams (probably more) who’d love to put some season-ending hurt on him, no bounty required.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
NE should release Brown now. They shouldn’t have signed him to begin with. He’s bad news. And people thought Randy Moss was a head case. This guy is in a league of his own.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Brown clearly has a warped concept of reality. The accuser only has to persuade a judge (or jury?) in a civil case based on a "preponderance of the evidence" far less rigorous than a criminal case's "beyond a reasonable doubt". My hunch is it won't turn out well for him.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Oh Giants, just looking for ways to self-destruct. I don't know who's dumpster is burning hotter, them or the Jets.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Oh Giants, just looking for ways to self-destruct. I don't know who's dumpster is burning hotter, them or the Jets.

You don't agree with starting Danny Dimes?

I mean what are you getting from Eli at this point? I think its time to see if Jones is your future QB or not, the quicker you figure that out the better. Eli has been great but I think his time has come, no sense in keeping him out there with all of your receivers hurt, and a bad defense.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
You don't agree with starting Danny Dimes?

I mean what are you getting from Eli at this point? I think its time to see if Jones is your future QB or not, the quicker you figure that out the better. Eli has been great but I think his time has come, no sense in keeping him out there with all of your receivers hurt, and a bad defense.
We could start Tom Brady but the team would still suck. No defense to speak of, hardly any WR's. What's the point of starting Daniel now. If they want to get his feet wet wait until week 8.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
We could start Tom Brady but the team would still suck. No defense to speak of, hardly any WR's. What's the point of starting Daniel now. If they want to get his feet wet wait until week 8.

Ok I see your point... They could do more harm than good to his development by throwing him in now with the current state of the team.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Ok I see your point... They could do more harm than good to his development by throwing him in now with the current state of the team.
If the goal was to bench Eli week 3 why even bother bring him back this year at all.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
If the goal was to bench Eli week 3 why even bother bring him back this year at all.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. It's funny because the Giants were always a franchise that made such sound decisions and the Jets couldn't get out their own way.... Giants Front office must be drinking some of the water on the Jets side of Metlife lately.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yeah it doesn't make sense. It's funny because the Giants were always a franchise that made such sound decisions and the Jets couldn't get out their own way.... Giants Front office must be drinking some of the water on the Jets side of Metlife lately.
Ownership doesn't seem to care about the team anymore. They hirer horrible coaches, GM's that don't know what they are doing. Father Mara hired Caughlin. Sonnyboy doesn't have a clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjnyc

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
This has been the weirdest first two weeks I've ever seen.

Not even counting Andrew Luck retiring and the whole Antonio Brown circus (much of which happened before the season even opened), we've had Sam Darnold laid out by mono; his replacement, Trever Siemian, having his ankle twisted in a direction it was never meant to go; Brees out with his thumb; Roethlisberger out for the season with a non-contact injury; even an equipment fire on the Titans sideline. (Have I missed anything?)

Probably not the way the NFL envisioned starting their centennial season.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.