Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My jaw dropped when I saw this on web :eek:

I have to say Indy totally mismanaged their franchise quarterback. I mean they did an awful job with their o-line, he just got beat up too soon, too fast. He's a smart man, graduating from stanford and all. The chatter of people saying that football is too violent is not going to diminish, and with a franchise quarterback that had people expecting a superbowl win at some point, walking away, well, that's just going to keep that chatter going.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
The problem: owner Jim Irsay didn't bother to invest in a decent offensive line to protect Andrew Luck. Had Irsay done say early in Luck's career, he would have been right now called the true successor to Tom Brady.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The problem: owner Jim Irsay didn't bother to invest in a decent offensive line to protect Andrew Luck. Had Irsay done say early in Luck's career, he would have been right now called the true successor to Tom Brady.
I think Luck could have been better than Brady with just a decent team around him. He also needed a better coach.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think Luck could have been better than Brady with just a decent team around him. He also needed a better coach.
Lol - Sorry but that's just wishful thinking.

I'm sure others could have been better then Brady if they had a better o-line, receivers, running backs, defense, and coaching. The point is that no one has been able to duplicate the success of the Pats

Reactions: ucfgrad93

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Lol - Sorry but that's just wishful thinking.

I'm sure others could have been better then Brady if they had a better o-line, receivers, running backs, defense, and coaching. The point is that no one has been able to duplicate the success of the Pats
Luck was the air apparent to be the next Brady. He just was to injury prone.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
When I saw the tweet from Schefter I initially thought it was one of my friends retweeting one of those fake Adam Schefter accounts... I couldn't believe it. I was in shock because they had such a great season last year, finally had a really good O-line and were one of the favorites in the AFC this year. But then I read the list of injuries the guy had sustained and I really don't blame him for getting out, I think he's doing the smart thing.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Date day. About to head to the Cowboys / Giants game in a couple hours.
Oh, conference rivalry games..... that stadium energy is AMPED up. I love walking in there on game day.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Couple of thoughts on week 1:

- I feel like this whole Antonio Brown saga was orchestrated behind the scenes to get him to the Patriots... I don't think its collusion per se... Patriots probably just confirmed to his agent that they would pick him up if he were released ( I guess that is collusion lol) I am still not sure if AB has mental issues, Is a mastermind that has figured out how to game the system and get what he wants or has CTE, or is just a huge jerk Diva that is unaware

- It was nice seeing the Browns get blown up after all the hype created by the media... Mayfield running his mouth just became unlikeable and OBJ couldn't shut up about the Giants even though it was obvious he wanted out. Also their fans became absolutely unbearable on the r/nfl reddit forum.. I mean you would think this was a storied franchise that was guaranteed a SB this year and that Mayfield should be fitted for a HOF jacket already... Some nice humble pie was served yesterday

- My team ugh! The Jets are the best at suffering embarrassing losses. yesterday was just absolutely brutal.... Does anyone know any psychologist that can perform some type of hypnotism or therapy to remove my fandom? If I could just erase 20 years of being a fan and stop following a team and just enjoy NFL games without any bias that would be great... Christ this team is hard to root for.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Couple of thoughts on week 1:

- I feel like this whole Antonio Brown saga was orchestrated behind the scenes to get him to the Patriots... I don't think its collusion per se... Patriots probably just confirmed to his agent that they would pick him up if he were released ( I guess that is collusion lol) I am still not sure if AB has mental issues, Is a mastermind that has figured out how to game the system and get what he wants or has CTE, or is just a huge jerk Diva that is unaware

- It was nice seeing the Browns get blown up after all the hype created by the media... Mayfield running his mouth just became unlikeable and OBJ couldn't shut up about the Giants even though it was obvious he wanted out. Also their fans became absolutely unbearable on the r/nfl reddit forum.. I mean you would think this was a storied franchise that was guaranteed a SB this year and that Mayfield should be fitted for a HOF jacket already... Some nice humble pie was served yesterday

- My team ugh! The Jets are the best at suffering embarrassing losses. yesterday was just absolutely brutal.... Does anyone know any psychologist that can perform some type of hypnotism or therapy to remove my fandom? If I could just erase 20 years of being a fan and stop following a team and just enjoy NFL games without any bias that would be great... Christ this team is hard to root for.
I've learned that the Giants won't be good for a long time and just to follow other teams that have good players. I love watching Mahomes. The dude is a beast in the making.

Reactions: bigjnyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.