Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
...Let me just add that I'm betting that he'll announce he'll want to be traded to the Jets and here's where things will take a turn for the worse for him. As soon as the Jets stumble for what ever reason, the NY Media will eat him up. The fan base isn't has caustic and negative as Philly fans but NY is no walk in the park. He's had it easy in Green Bay where he's virtually worshipped.

A 39 year old quarterback whose production has already started to slip isn't going to last long anywhere

Reactions: maflynn

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
unfortunately, the 'future" for the Rams was two years ago.......and now it's time for a few tough seasons for the fans

Reactions: Rafterman

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
unfortunately, the 'future" for the Rams was two years ago
They went all in, with the win now, giving away so many first round draft picks that they're going to be hard pressed to rebuild with young players. The Rams are in the red with the cap space, so they'll be cutting players (and restructuring), so that means less opportunity to dip their feet into the free agent market.

Long story short, they'll not be very good for the next few years

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like Jimmy G is going to be signing with the Raiders - can't say that I'm surprised. What will surprise me is if he lasts an entire season w/o getting injured.

• Angry
Reactions: pachyderm

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Looks like Jimmy G is going to be signing with the Raiders - can't say that I'm surprised. What will surprise me is if he lasts an entire season w/o getting injured.

Agreed. He has played a complete season since 2019, which was his only complete season.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Sports Illustrated says Lamar is going to sit out the season if he has to play on the tag.

Guy needs to get a grip. He had that MVP season and nothing since. Injury concerns, no agent. Both Mahomes and Allen played on injuries no less worse than what Lamar had, and he missed multiple games. He needs to grow up, He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Sports Illustrated says Lamar is going to sit out the season if he has to play on the tag.

Guy needs to get a grip. He had that MVP season and nothing since. Injury concerns, no agent. Both Mahomes and Allen played on injuries no less worse than what Lamar had, and he missed multiple games. He needs to grow up, He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid.

Which gets him what? The same tag next year. He will lose this battle.

Also, how did that work out for Bell in Pittsburgh?

Reactions: Rafterman

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

Maybe being away from SF will help reduce the frequency of his injuries.

Last season all three of SF's quarterbacks went down with injuries.....have to wonder if maybe they should be focusing on improving their offensive line to give some more protection to their QB

I see Sam Darnold will be joining their QB pool

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's just sad and crazy. I mean, he stands to make crazy amount of money right now, but that's not enough?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
He wants the bragging rights, ego boost, etc. of being the highest paid QB.
Yep, he already has more then enough money to have him and his decedents live the life of luxury.

Its funny, but I really thought Watson really screwed himself sitting out, what amounted to two 1/2 years but from a financial perspective he made out. He lost something while sitting out, he did not play very well. Maybe now with a season under his belt he'll come back sharper.

I think Lamar seeing what Watson did and is using that as a template, at the end of the day, whether he plays or sits out has no impact on me. I need to work, pay my bills and try to deal with what life throws at me. He can spend his time on the golf course for the rest of his life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Yeah, but Carr...Jimmy G...what's the difference?

it seems that Carr has a losing record as a starter (63-79) and Jimmy G has a winning record as a starter (40-17 53-21 says another website).....I can see why a team would prefer the guy with the winning record over the guy with a losing record.

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
it seems that Carr has a losing record as a starter (63-79) and Jimmy G has a winning record as a starter (40-17).....I can see why a team would prefer the guy with the winning record over the guy with a losing record.

assuaging my fears already...

oops. Jimmy G hurt himself buttoning his shirt...

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Jimmy G, Purdy...maybe it really is Shanahan and his system and not the QB. We'll soon see, with Jimmy G in Vegas now, away from Shanahan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.