Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
With all this drama circling Rodgers and Green Bay, if I were the GM of the Jets, I'd make one final offer today with a time limit, and if either GB or Rodgers balk, then walk away. Craft a trade with Ariz for their #3 draft pick and get a good QB prospect.

From the rumors I hear, GB wants more then what the Jets are willing to give and they feel they can wait, even past the draft. At some point a team needs to crap or get off the pot and if there's this much drama is occurring now even before the season starts, it doesn't bode well for how smooth the season will go - especially since drama follows Rodgers like a bad habit.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
With all this drama circling Rodgers and Green Bay, if I were the GM of the Jets, I'd make one final offer today with a time limit, and if either GB or Rodgers balk, then walk away. Craft a trade with Ariz for their #3 draft pick and get a good QB prospect.

From the rumors I hear, GB wants more then what the Jets are willing to give and they feel they can wait, even past the draft. At some point a team needs to crap or get off the pot and if there's this much drama is occurring now even before the season starts, it doesn't bode well for how smooth the season will go - especially since drama follows Rodgers like a bad habit.

Agreed. Too much drama with Rodgers, and not enough time left in his career.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Agreed. Too much drama with Rodgers, and not enough time left in his career.
That's the issue, you're committing to a 39 year old QB who did not have a great year last year. As a team, you're going to be on the hook for 60+ million of cap space over the course of two years. Unlike the Buccaneers who were one player away from winning, I think the jets are more missing piecse.

Also the Jets are in a very competitive division, and conference. They're setting themselves up for a win now at all costs, but I don't see them over taking Buffalo, KC, Bengals, and maybe even the Dolphins.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
From the rumors I hear, GB wants more then what the Jets are willing to give

GB should be happy to get rid of his $60M contract and endless drama and let him go for a ham sandwich and a Coke.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Jimmy G, Purdy...maybe it really is Shanahan and his system and not the QB. We'll soon see, with Jimmy G in Vegas now, away from Shanahan.
I think Shanahan is a QB whisperer, although his work with Trey Lance hasn't been stellar.😕 When he was QB coach in Houston, Matt Schaub was the Pro Bowl MVP. After he left, Schaub pulled a Brock Osweiler.

Still I think Jimmy GQ is the real deal. He played well during his time at New England too. I'm sure there will be a drop off in production because Shanahan is an exceptional coach.

Reactions: Rafterman

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Rodgers on the Pat McAfee show, saying he wants to play for the jets but the packers are holding it up for wanting more

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think he has quite lived up to his contract.
If memory serves me, his production tanked right after he signed the contract. He never really achieved the level of success (at least consistently) that he enjoyed before signing that contract.

Reactions: rhett7660

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Now I hear the Packers want a Stafford-like deal - multiple 1sts. No way. A 39 year old QB who may or may not be on his last legs (and is a PITA) - too much.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Now I hear the Packers want a Stafford-like deal - multiple 1sts
Yeah, I heard that as well, while I understand they want value for their player, there's something to be said about removing distractions and getting 60 million dollars off the books too.

Plus as you mentioned, he's no spring chicken and is likely to be done after 2024 season (if not the 2023 season)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
But the owners voted recently to not force him out. They are still protecting him.
Yeah, but I think he may have started the sale process regardless of being forced out or not.

If I was a betting man, I'd say he's not selling, I don't take too much stock in the rumor, but I do find it interesting that there are rumors of the sale

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
  • Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I don’t understand this move by the Raiders. Trade/acquire Garappolo then get rid of one of your top receivers.
It's the coach. When he was the Broncos coach, he shredded them and now it's the Raiders turn. If anything Waller wasn't used enough. The coach needed to go not Waller. When will this Davis kid get a clue/or care about the team.

• Love
Reactions: pachyderm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.