Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuzzingCricket

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone tried using Sugru, as shown on these sites?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Has anyone tried using Sugru, as shown on these sites?

No, and I wouldn't try it with my AirPods Pro. I've tried Sugru molds before, and they sort of work but they're quite firm once it cures - I don't think they'd be very comfortable.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
From the pictures the membrane IS there.
yeah i too thought i could see a membrane. well, i ordered some. i’ll report in when they arrive. i believe the set of six will be one of each size. but possibly they are one size fit all since the two piece doesn’t allow for size selection.

toxine

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
yeah i too thought i could see a membrane. well, i ordered some. i’ll report in when they arrive. i believe the set of six will be one of each size. but possibly they are one size fit all since the two piece doesn’t allow for size selection.

Was about to order some, but since you already went ahead, i'll just wait for some feedback. Hope they're decent.

lamer

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
I bought a set of Symbio W eartips ...
Thanks for the tip, did mine today with Symbio W (size L), nice sealing, fit perfectly into original case!

Attachments

• airpods-pro.web.jpg
    airpods-pro.web.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 825
Reactions: mavis

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks for the tip, did mine today with Symbio W (size L), nice sealing, fit perfectly into original case!
Great, I'm glad it was helpful!

I got mine from Amazon here in Japan - where did you order from? I couldn't find them on Amazon.com, which is why I just posted the Amazon Japan link ...

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Got some comply tips and wow what a difference. Got a flight Monday that I’m excited to try them on.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
At the end of my second week with my 5th set of Pros and since customising using the Symbio W eartips, I have had no seal issues, no NC problems and I get a seal with the medium Apple tips. Before installing the Symbio W eartips, i had to use the large Apple tips. All good so far.

Reactions: mavis

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
some entrepreneurial individual should focus on selling foam circles that easily go under the existing buds, a la the hacks described in this thread.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Spoke too soon. I wore my AirPods today and got a high pitched sound in the right AirPod which is unbearably loud abd the bass has completely gone. It doesn’t goes away when I start the music up So frustrated with all this. This is my 5th set. Just called Apple and they are issuing a refund and suggesting a fresh order. After 20 years of Apple, I think this is the worst Apple product ever

Last edited:

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
I have both large. I put them in the case, make sure they bottom out in the slots, then I use my finger to open the gap between the tips (this is where they contact the lid). Then it is easier to close and stays closed all the way.
[automerge]1574790608[/automerge]

I got mine cheaper, but based off of my second day of use, yes, I would pay $22.

Try $32 US! Absolute robbery. I’d pay $15 max for these. Waiting for someone else to come up with a more realistic and affordable price.

Reactions: Gix1k and Jutah
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.