Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
Sept 6th is supposed to be the release day.
Thank you, I tried looking and didn’t see the date. I must have looked passed it by accident. I’ll wait for release and see what kind of specs it’ll take to run decently. I’m currently on a 14” Pro M1 with the standard 16gb ram

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Thank you, I tried looking and didn’t see the date. I must have looked passed it by accident. I’ll wait for release and see what kind of specs it’ll take to run decently. I’m currently on a 14” Pro M1 with the standard 16gb ram
The first two acts should run fine. It is the third act where you get to Baldurs Gate that seems to be the problem.

Reactions: delsoul

l0stl0rd

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2009
The first two acts should run fine. It is the third act where you get to Baldurs Gate that seems to be the problem.
yes act 1 and 2 are, 3 made my Pc reboot (first time in over 70 hours or gameplay).

I guess their announced Patch1 will be out before it gets released for Mac.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
yes act 1 and 2 are, 3 made my Pc reboot (first time in over 70 hours or gameplay).

I guess their announced Patch1 will be out before it gets released for Mac.
I feel like I am pretty close to Act 2, and the Steam Deck is already struggling with the turn based combat, lol. I am going to switch back to my desktop to play.

• Wow
Reactions: eltoslightfoot

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
I might be tempted into playing this with my cousin, who fancied a multiplayer play through. It should be an interesting experiment in mindful game playing, a Buddhist friend advised me to take just one game and play it to carefully look at what it does…

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

apocalyarts

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2015
So it's supposed to come out tomorrow, but they never confirmed that date.

Pretty sure Apple stepped in to get it as the marquee title for their October conference where they'll launch the M3 stuff and the new MacOS. Just like Resident Evil Village last year.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX

Pretty sure Apple stepped in to get it as the marquee title for their October conference where they'll launch the M3 stuff and the new MacOS. Just like Resident Evil Village last year.
With the hype around the general release of StarField that may be a prudent idea, get the game some more spotlight and breathing room (on macOS).

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW

No offense, but I hope the hell they did not! I want BG3 for Mac tomorrow! My M1 Max should do just fine running this game.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
With the hype around the general release of StarField that may be a prudent idea, get the game some more spotlight and breathing room (on macOS).

Maybe there are certain people that have no desire to play StarField. Are those people suppose to wait around for a different game because another one is released?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Maybe there are certain people that have no desire to play StarField. Are those people suppose to wait around for a different game because another one is released?
I am not sure what they are thinking here. Like I said, historically, it took the porting house 5 weeks after a major patch update to release the macOS version. So this week is week 5. It isn't even clear if the fixes they have implemented so far have made it into the macOS version (IIRC the hotfixes were caught up with the macOS patch comes).

Reactions: iAssimilated

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
If it doesn’t release tomorrow im
Just going to buy it for ps5. They keep talking about how mac is the future of gaming, etc and yet it’s still always way behind in getting titles.

Camzor

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2008
United States
Larian tweeted today that "Mac is planned for later this month."

If I had to guess, this will be part of the event on the 12th and it'll likely be a special mention during a macOS Sonoma preview or something. I can see a mention of Game Mode tying this in. I guess it all depends on whether or not Apple talks about Sonoma at all.

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007

If I had to guess, this will be part of the event on the 12th and it'll likely be a special mention during a macOS Sonoma preview or something. I can see a mention of Game Mode tying this in. I guess it all depends on whether or not Apple talks about Sonoma at all.
The Apple September event is never Mac-centric. I doubt the release has anything to do with Apple events. I think they simply misjudged when they would be able to deliver the Mac version.

On the plus side we will be getting a game that's been patched and optimized a bunch since its initial PC release.

Reactions: Camzor

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX

Folks are not happy in the tweet replies.

Reactions: iAssimilated
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.