Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Anyone noticing improvement with beta 2? I think I am, but not sure if I’m deluding myself

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
I think it better, didn’t notice any problems in Netflix, the lag in scrolling is better, meaning it’s gone, previously when you left the phone for 10-15 seconds and started to scroll something it would lag for half a second, and some games don’t lag any more. I’m totally shocked
I hope it’s not placebo but they might have finally got it fixed

Reactions: arjun_assi and CPx

igroeg

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2019
Guys, this sounds great! Hopefully more people who have the issue can chime in here and share their experience with the new iOS update(s). Fingers crossed.

Jweir2022

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2018
Ill download beta 2 when it becomes available to the public. Only lets me download beta 1 just now.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Looks like its working well on 12.3 Beta 2... I can't update because I am waiting to jailbreak, but my co-worker updated his XS Max and we streamed a bunch of videos with auto-brightness turned on and so far no stutter at all.

harryxsmax

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2019
Hi people, I’ve been lurking on this thread for a few days since getting my XS Max. When I first got it I had the video playback stuttering/low framerate issue. Turning off Auto Brightness fixed this and I just updated to iOS 12.3 Dev Beta 2 and it’s fixed it a lot, I would say 95% improvement. I’ve tested Netflix: Dolby Atmos content and HD content. Also YouTube also, could be improved a little bit more but more than happy with the progress so far!

Reactions: CPx

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Good to hear. Hopefully a 12.2.x release soon. Im staying off the beta train as Apple is still playing with the modem FW for better or worse and 12.2 is pretty solid for me minus the stuttering and battery life.

Jweir2022

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2018
Is there a place to read what bugs have been addressed during betas or do we need to wait to the gold release to get the notes? I’d be curious to see if the video frame rate bug is addressed directly in the notes.

Reactions: igroeg

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I'm pretty certain we have to wait until the final release. For betas its just word of mouth.
Is there a place to read what bugs have been addressed during betas or do we need to wait to the gold release to get the notes? I’d be curious to see if the video frame rate bug is addressed directly in the notes.

arjun_assi

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
Also I will be surprised if apple actually acknowledges that the bug is fixed in any released -- since this bug has never been acknowledged by any apple rep. I just feel that they will simply slip it under the rag and not officially claim that they have fixed any bug.
[doublepost=1554959541][/doublepost]Also folks who have been using the beta -- Can you please provide an update on the issue -- Do you feel it is fixed after more usage?? Or your initial hunch was wrong

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
I can definitely say it seems it’s been fixed now. Several days gone past and the phone seems like a new device. There are some lags here and there but this is far from what it was. Have not observed any video choppiness since the installation of the new beta, so this problem is gone. The 3D in games seems to be stable. Clash Royal which was lagging after 20 seconds of usage is super fluid now. The phone GUI is mostly fluid.
This should have been like that since the beginning.
But hey, at least now I have a private number along my business line, and was one of the fittest to use LTE in my AW here in Poland. Sometimes it pays of to be a beta tester.

EDIT: and I hope they leave it like this and not forget about the fix in further updates.... ;)

Reactions: CPx

arjun_assi

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
I can definitely say it seems it’s been fixed now. Several days gone past and the phone seems like a new device. There are some lags here and there but this is far from what it was. Have not observed any video choppiness since the installation of the new beta, so this problem is gone. The 3D in games seems to be stable. Clash Royal which was lagging after 20 seconds of usage is super fluid now. The phone GUI is mostly fluid.
This should have been like that since the beginning.
But hey, at least now I have a private number along my business line, and was one of the fittest to use LTE in my AW here in Poland. Sometimes it pays of to be a beta tester.

Haha. I trust your replies. You have been one of the first valiant soldiers in this fight against choppiness.. so I will take your word. Will still wait till the public release comes out. I can at least start buying a new case for my phone. :p I had sort of given up on this phone so had stopped investing in a case for it too.. :p :p

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
Well to be frank, I was so mad that I sold my iPhone XS Max and bought the X, that was a relief. But end to end, I needed the dual sim feature so I sold that one and bought the Xs, unfortunately Black color... and build not on par with the previous one but, yes but, it has a perfect screen and I’m older now so I’m not that picky about the build quality, using a case anyway. Until it doesn’t squeak or make other noises when holding it’s ok :)

Reactions: igroeg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.