Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It is hypocritical to praise Tim Cook's Apple leadership while criticizing Steve Ballmer's Microsoft leadership. Just like Cook, Ballmer achieved record profits and pleased shareholders. Both men led an era of subpar software with an abnormally high level of bugs. So if you praise Cook, then you should also praise Ballmer because you believe that record profits for the company and for the shareholders is more important than creating products meant to be the most user-friendly tools to help users.
I do praise Ballmer and I do praise Cook. One thing you’re missing is people don’t products they don’t like more in the balance than they like them.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
More supporting proof of the poor state of Apple Software

Don't get me wrong , i am a Apple fan , by Apple standards the poor quakity hardware and software is totally unacceptable.

Vote with your wallet. If Apple isn't offering what you expect you shouldn't support them with your money... Complaining on MacRumors will get you nowhere..

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
But you think getting rid of the head guy will fix any of the UI or hardware issues. Right.
You are correct with regards to step one of the process. Step one is removing the current CEO who clearly either has no interest in putting emphasis on fixing these issues OR he does not have the buy-in of those under him who could resolve the problems.

Step 2 is to bring in a CEO who will view these problems as serious and make sure that the correct resources and focus are directed towards resolving them.

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021

Don't get me wrong , i am a Apple fan , by Apple standards the poor quakity hardware and software is totally unacceptable.

i think this current line up of hardware is top notch.....Macs are at their pinnacle from price/build/battery/ performance , iphone are rock solid phones next to current flip flop phones that are fragile as hell , ipads pro are rock solid as well
Software yes, it must get some better quality checks...and i think this is the year we will get more fixes than features

Again, you are half wrong..from hardware point of view there is no competiton...their devices are rock solid that are supported for 5 or more years with great battery life and build quality...go back to the iphone 5 and butterfly keyboards macs...and see how hardware can go "totally unacceptable" and you call yourself apple fan...maybe you are for the last 1-2 years otherwise you already knew these

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Well, I go ahead and buck the trend of this somewhat hateful thread. 1) Ventura beta has been bug free for me, 2) my M1 13 MBP absolutely the best computer I have ever owned, 3) my iPhone X still runs the latest iOS betas (also bug free for me), 4) my HomePods and HomePod minis sound spectacular, 4) opening Mac with my Apple Watch, unlocking my watch with my iPhone - awesome. 5) features like airdrop, continuity - years ahead of competition.

OK, I, like everyone else, would like to see RAM and SSD prices lowered. But despite common hater threads, comparing Apple Silicon Mac prices to comparable specced and comparably performing Windows PCs do not reflect a price premium, and that is before you adjust the windows machines for thermal throttling and pathetic battery life.

So, Tim Cook helped build a very successful and innovative Apple, and you want to can him. LOL

How is Dell Silicon, and HP silicon working out? How is Samsung OS (we know Exynos was a bit of a flop) working out?
There's a reason why a lot of threads like this are coming out of the woodwork. Why? They get attention. Because most people, like you and me are really enjoying our iPhones and our MacBooks. My M1 MBP 16 is the BEST computer I've ever used hands down. I've had no problems with my iPhones and neither has my family. So when someone posts threads like this, I figure it's mostly for attention and attention it gets. But hey, Macrumors gets $ so win win :p

Been a growing theme on this site since I started using Apple products in 2011. Apple is dead for sure, Apple is getting so much worse, Apple horrible. Good thing we have options!

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
It's time to start a #CookMustGo campaign , not only is Apple destroying our devices with substandard software causing battery drain and over heating , price increases, the overall quality , both hardware and software of Apple Products has hit rock bottom , how much longer are Apple customers going to tolerate this pathetic poor performance from a company who were the tech industry leaders with standards which every other company strived to archieve.
The best way to vote is with your wallet. Don’t buy their devices or switch.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I tell you what, even in this imaginary scenario where literally every customer on the planet stops buying brand new iPhone from all sources for 3 years, Apple would still be fine and can hold on to figure out what’s gone wrong and make corrections. Not only that imaginary scenario never will happen, Apple is probably The last company to go bankrupt should economy goes absolute hell with most Folks losing all money overnight.

Wake up and face the reality, please.

SW3029

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
It's time to start a #CookMustGo campaign , not only is Apple destroying our devices with substandard software causing battery drain and over heating , price increases, the overall quality , both hardware and software of Apple Products has hit rock bottom , how much longer are Apple customers going to tolerate this pathetic poor performance from a company who were the tech industry leaders with standards which every other company strived to archieve.

😂😂😂 lol. As if Warren Buffet knew you were planning on writing this post today, he went on CNBC and explicitly explained why Tim Cook is a great CEO: https://9to5mac.com/2023/04/12/warren-buffett-apple-iphone-loyalty/ 😂😂😂

But like others have said in this thread, Cook is one of the greatest CEOs in history. He built upon what Jobs left behind and took Apple to heights Jobs could never dream of. No investor is going to demand Tim Cook go when he's made Apple into the most valuable public US company in history. lol. ain't gonna happen. If you think it is, you obviously haven't heard about this wacky ideology called "capitalism".

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008

Some guy on YouTube had a problem with his iPhone. Fire the CEO! :rolleyes:

To ask a serious question, is there any evidence of a decline in Apple hardware and software quality other than anecdotes that prove nothing more than the fact that they aren't perfect?

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA! :rolleyes:

BigMac79

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
The only thing that keeps me from switching to Android is the fact that Google can suddenly decide to suspend ones account on a whim, and basically mess up ones entire digital life just like that.

This has been well-documented behaviour on Google's/Alphabet's part, and has been discussed in the major tech-news outlets and on various forums.

Xand&Roby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2020
i think this current line up of hardware is top notch.....Macs are at their pinnacle from price/build/battery/ performance , iphone are rock solid phones next to current flip flop phones that are fragile as hell , ipads pro are rock solid as well
Software yes, it must get some better quality checks...and i think this is the year we will get more fixes than features

Again, you are half wrong..from hardware point of view there is no competiton...their devices are rock solid that are supported for 5 or more years with great battery life and build quality...go back to the iphone 5 and butterfly keyboards macs...and see how hardware can go "totally unacceptable" and you call yourself apple fan...maybe you are for the last 1-2 years otherwise you already knew these
iPhone 5 and butterfly Macs They didn't fry batteries as if they were sausages: Apple has a huge problem with the quality of sw and battery management, many don't care because they change devices every year, as many don't care about polluting so soon they will be dead and the problem doesn't fall on them.

Reactions: prefuse07

Xand&Roby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2020
Based on what?
50+ devices purchased and used in recent years, more years of experience on over 200 Mac Pros used in one of the largest national television companies can be enough? What do you have to prove otherwise, millions of users “buy in September I sell in March to buy back in September”?
At one point, it must have been 2011, Apple's B2B support was so incapable, on the model of the Geniuses, that to continue working on production machines we had to put Frankenstein together with the dead Mac Pros to make the remaining ones work. Ah, I remember that in the meantime we were testing the 2013 Mac Pro with Sonnet solutions to keep them racked and they burned in 3 hours, in fact we had to recover other older Mac Pros used to keep working.

Last edited:

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
50+ devices purchased and used in recent years, more years of experience on over 200 Mac Pros used in one of the largest national television companies can be enough? What do you have to prove otherwise, millions of users “buy in September I sell in March to buy back in September”?
I'm not asking for your alleged backstory. I'm asking what data you are basing your claim on.

• Haha
Reactions: heretiq

toobravetosave

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
I just ordered an s23 but so far there are no windows laptops that can compete with my m1 mba and mbp16.

It’s really unfortunate the workmanship on windows computers is so poor and we are unlikely to be able to bootcamp windows on arm which would make the air the true ultimate device.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
At any given time, there are literally BILLIONS of people that don’t like or don’t care for products and services made by Apple. The same Apple that’s able to sell through enough products to the remaining millions of folks to keep their company running.

So, the fact that, at any one time, there are billions of folks that don’t care for Apple products is actually the norm.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
The lesser evil doesn’t mean people necessarily like it.

Some people lead joyless lives always dogged by the feeling that the world is a choice among evils and never able to enjoy the choices they feel forced to make. Apple replacing their CEO isn't going to change that beyond the momentary excitement of being able to create a new hashtag. Neither is USB on your iPhone or a Meta app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.