Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Anything the ADL says is junk. Bunch of boomers who have no clue on the pulse of reality.
I certainly understand why you want to discredit the ADL out of hand.

Pepe is used even on Anime, pro-LGBT servers, even BLM severs. Yet it’s a hate symbol, apparently they are the only one who thinks this.
The ADL acknowledges that Pepe is used in a variety of non-hate-based contexts in the same ADL article that you link to. What's your point?

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009

The ADL acknowledges that Pepe is used in a variety of non-hate-based contexts in the same ADL article that you link to. What's your point?
It’s always a red flag for me when people say these ridiculous things about the ADL. Yea, they definitely don’t have an agenda or anything.

Reactions: bradl and BaldiMac

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.

It acknowledges it, but still classes it broadly as a hate symbol. What’s your point?

Anytime you make an Apple App and submit it for review, and it contains even a single pepe, it gets rejected and apple points to this.

So, that’s kinda like saying “Hey we get that MacBooks weren’t created by the for hate, but some people use it for that, so we will outright ban it. “

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
It acknowledges it, but still classes it broadly as a hate symbol. What’s your point?
Nope. Only when it is used in racist or anti-Semitic contexts. Again, just read the article that you linked to.

"However, because so many Pepe the Frog memes are not bigoted in nature, it is important to examine use of the meme only in context. The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist. However, if the meme itself is racist or anti-Semitic in nature, or if it appears in a context containing bigoted or offensive language or symbols, then it may have been used for hateful purposes."

Anytime you make an Apple App and submit it for review, and it contains even a single pepe, it gets rejected and apple points to this.

So, that’s kinda like saying “Hey we get that MacBooks weren’t created by the for hate, but some people use it for that, so we will outright ban it. “
Which has nothing to do with what we were talking about. You're just moving the goalposts.

Reactions: bradl

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Nope. Only when it is used in racist or anti-Semitic contexts. Again, just read the article that you linked to.

"However, because so many Pepe the Frog memes are not bigoted in nature, it is important to examine use of the meme only in context. The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist. However, if the meme itself is racist or anti-Semitic in nature, or if it appears in a context containing bigoted or offensive language or symbols, then it may have been used for hateful purposes."

Which has nothing to do with what we were talking about. You're just moving the goalposts.
So it’s not pepe, but the Nazi/other hate symbols included In the meme?

Can’t any meme do that?

Attachments

• 04742621-42FC-4410-8339-6C29F8097917.jpeg
    04742621-42FC-4410-8339-6C29F8097917.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 60

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
So it’s not pepe, but the Nazi/other hate symbols included In the meme?

Can’t any meme do that?
Again, it's spelled out in the article that you posted. Sure, any meme could be used in hate-based context. But Pepe is used as a hate symbol. The fact that it is primarily used in other contexts doesn't change that fact. And it certainly doesn't discredit the ADL.

Reactions: bradl

AgentOSX

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2017
Hollywood
What you mention regarding California law is not accurate, or true. See link below.

My issue with the term "grooming" is now it is being applied to any situation deemed to fit a certain agenda. For example, a drag show is considered grooming, a teacher being gay is considered grooming, displaying a rainbow flag is considered grooming. It's hate speech disguised as a legitimate gripe. It really all started with the Qanon junk that has now permeated its way to the top of a major political party in America. In their eyes, gay people don't deserve rights. It's disgusting and anti-American. People can believe in Christianity and their "sanctity of marriage", etc. without shoving their beliefs into our government, where we are supposed to have a separation of church and state.

Prior to 2020, California law permitted judges to decide if a man should be registered as a sex offender if they had voluntary vaginal intercourse with a 14–17-year-old girl, but only if he was no more than 10 years older than her.

You did not get a single thing right. Weird how you choose to ignore the legislation sponsored - and explained - by State Senator Scott Weiner.

And then you just repeated the propaganda that is patently untrue. All you did was prove my point.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Still avoiding the hypocrisy. He gets resoundingly booed at Dave Chapelle's show. Someone posts the video of him being booed on Twitter. Musk deletes the tweet. And you want to grandstand about "free speech." :rolleyes:

My statement stands.

BL.
He deleted his own tweet. Is that against free speech?

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
It was in the original post that you replied to. :rolleyes:
No, no. Where in the article does it claim Elon/Twitter deleted a video?

The article literally only said: “Curiously, Cleo PatrA's account was deleted.”

Please delete your incorrect claim, for it’s a lie you made up.

And when you do just a LITTLE research (hard for party line towers) you’ll see this:
4E28560F-4CDF-4ADF-B53D-6330D852087F.jpeg

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
No, no where in the article does it claim Elon/Twitter deleted a video.

It literally only said: “Curiously, Cleo PatrA's account was deleted.”

Please delete your incorrect claim, for it’s a lie you made up.

And when you do just a LITTLE research (hard for democrats) you’ll see this: View attachment 2127745
I didn't say he did. That was another poster. I simply pointed out that the tweet in question was not Elon's tweet.

Reactions: A MacBook lover
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.