Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain

I would be so happy if the next Galaxy Fold looks like this!
Now, just have to hope for the s-pen
I wish!!!

I really like what is rumored about the Fold 6. It is possible that I will change the Pixel 8 for the Fold 6, although the main reason to have the Pixel is the camera, I feel like trying a foldable (the Pixel Fold at the moment is not sold in Spain).

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Will you be keeping the 24 Ultra when the Fold 6 lands in a few months?
Probably, I am a 2 Samsung phone guy. They both serve different needs (wants?). My S24U just shows how narrow the Fold 5s outer screen is. Prior to the S24U, I had the Flip 5 and it wasn't that wide but it was a great phone.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
I am on board with a wider cover screen for the Galaxy Fold but I'd prefer to add maybe a quarter of an inch in each direction to the screen size. I have come to appreciate the unfolded aspect ratio a lot more than I did the Pixel Fold when I had that one. But currently the cover screen is pretty much unusable for me so it definitely needs an improvement.

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain
The camera area is quite strange...

Also, it looks narrower and more elongated than the current one. People liked the current book format, so I don't understand this change to the Fold 5 format, which people like less than the current Pixel Fold or the OnePlus Open.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
The camera area is quite strange...

Also, it looks narrower and more elongated than the current one. People liked the current book format, so I don't understand this change to the Fold 5 format, which people like less than the current Pixel Fold or the OnePlus Open.
Maybe the Galaxy format was never as bad as people put it after all

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yeah, I prefer the book format. But I can understand from an experience standpoint (some apps not compatible in landscape format)… and users have to go into settings to change this behavior. Unless Google have fixed this and it’s on by default.

And I don’t like OnePlus Open squarish inner display form factor… there’s no such thing as landscape or portrait when it comes to orientation.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I’m personally not interested in that. Samsung has more to improve with the dual foldable before moving on to the next big thing.

And I’d rather see the Galaxy Fold evolves to folding outwardly. Like this….

IMG_6330.jpeg

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I’m personally not interested in that. Samsung has more to improve with the dual foldable before moving on to the next big thing.

And I’d rather see the Galaxy Fold evolves to folding outwardly. Like this….

View attachment 2348978
I would say allow them to do it alongside what we already have on offer

That's how it all started and I appreciate anyone who pushes the boundary

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I just don't trust the inside thin surface facing outwards
Yeah, I get it… in terms of durability it would be questionable. I just like the look of it.

I would say allow them to do it alongside what we already have on offer

That's how it all started and I appreciate anyone who pushes the boundary
Instead of having two screens that we currently have (inner and outer), I like the approach of only one screen… seems more efficient that way.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
The inner screen scratches with just a fingernail. We are years away from outward folding phones being a durable option.

I am excited for the new Fold 6 coming this year. Praying for a wider form factor.

I have come close to buying a Pixel fold, and a One Plus Open, but I honestly don't trust the hardware of either of those companies.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I am excited for the new Fold 6 coming this year. Praying for a wider form factor.
We are getting a wider form on the upcoming Fold 6. It’s inevitable at this point… the question is which ratio Samsung will go with.

Per Android Authority
Tech journalist Ray Wong has shared a look at the various prototypes that Samsung tried out before settling on the Fold 5 and Flip 5 in their current format. To begin with, Samsung explored different aspect ratios like 19.5:9, 21:9, 22:9, and 23:9 for the Galaxy Z Fold 5.

I have come close to buying a Pixel fold, and a One Plus Open, but I honestly don't trust the hardware of either of those companies
It’s the software for me and all the features that come with owning a Galaxy.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
We are getting a wider form on the upcoming Fold 6. It’s inevitable at this point… the question is which ratio Samsung will go with.

Per Android Authority

It’s the software for me and all the features that come with owning a Galaxy.
I'm probably one of the few people who uses Dex on a daily basis, but it is one of the main things that locks me into the Samsung ecosystem. I need to work in multiple locations so I have a USB c docking station setup with keyboard, and mouse at my 2 desks just plug my phone in a go.

I saw those prototypes last year. Really hope this is what they go with.

fold-6-prototype-img.jpg

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm probably one of the few people who uses Dex on a daily basis, but it is one of the main things that locks me into the Samsung ecosystem. I need to work in multiple locations so I have a USB c docking station setup with keyboard, and mouse at my 2 desks just plug my phone in a go.
What’s your DeX setup? Hub and monitor? Keyboard and mouse?

I saw those prototypes last year. Really hope this is what they go with.
I’m down with that one… doubt they include the S-Pen though.

Neofox

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2024
Is it me or the two images doesn't match?
the one on the left have very sharp angles and the one on the right round ones 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.