Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Ditto! We have 5-6 months until it’s released… I wonder what features One UI 6.1.1 will bring.

How’s your experience with the One Plus Open so far?

Very good

I don’t use it everyday but still enjoyable. The anti reflective screen is nice. I do prefer this form factor for a foldable

Reactions: Ludatyk

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012

Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Fold-6-Render-01.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Fold-6-Render-02.jpg
Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Fold-6-Renders-04.jpg

Really like the new design! Not as wide as I was hopping but really good looking!

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I don't think it will be much different than Fold 5

Apparently, the Fold 6 will measure 153.5 x 132.5 x 6.1 mm, making it 1.4mm shorter and 2.6mm wider than the Z Fold 5, which measures 154.9 x 129.9 x 6.1 mm. While difficult to tell, Samsung might stick with its tear-drop hinge that debuted on the Fold 5 in 2023

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I don't think it will be much different than Fold 5

Apparently, the Fold 6 will measure 153.5 x 132.5 x 6.1 mm, making it 1.4mm shorter and 2.6mm wider than the Z Fold 5, which measures 154.9 x 129.9 x 6.1 mm. While difficult to tell, Samsung might stick with its tear-drop hinge that debuted on the Fold 5 in 2023
I’m personally alright with the changes.

I don’t live on my outer display anyways… I look at it as a means for quick interactions, that’s why I don’t understand the need for a really wide outer display when the point of a foldable is to unfold. I like the fact they took some design cues from the Ultra series… making the corners more sharp.

Heck, I think what most users will criticize Samsung for is not adding the Ultra cameras to the Fold 6. But I don’t mind it… awaiting the preorder discount. Hopefully, I’d at least get $800 for my Fold 4…

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I’m personally alright with the changes.

I don’t live on my outer display anyways… I look at it as a means for quick interactions, that’s why I don’t understand the need for a really wide outer display when the point of a foldable is to unfold. I like the fact they took some design cues from the Ultra series… making the corners more sharp.

Heck, I think what most users will criticize Samsung for is not adding the Ultra cameras to the Fold 6. But I don’t mind it… awaiting the preorder discount. Hopefully, I’d at least get $800 for my Fold 4…
I hear ya ..just too cramped up to my liking while closed .. I like to use both folded and unfolded equally ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ludatyk

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain
I like the Fold 6, and that there is an Ultra version... we'll see, will it have room for the Spen and better cameras?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I like the Fold 6, and that there is an Ultra version... we'll see, will it have room for the Spen and better cameras?
I’m skeptical of rumors on the Ultra version… I don’t see the point in it? When the price is already expensive for a smartphone… why not make the ONE Galaxy Fold as good as it can be?

Last edited:

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
an Ultra version feels like a lie people are telling themselves to avoid being disappointed by the underwhelming leaks and rumors, to be honest. It would be nice but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Yup starting to feel like another small update but holding out hope ...

Reactions: Catasstrophy

Neofox

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2024
I'll upgrade my fold5 as long as the render leaks are accurate and it's actually thinner and wider.
The render leaks are actually very similar in size than the fold 5 (like what, same thickness, 1mm less tall and 2mm less wide when open?)

Check the last page of this discussion I posted the render

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
The render leaks are actually very similar in size than the fold 5 (like what, same thickness, 1mm less tall and 2mm less wide when open?)

Check the last page of this discussion I posted the render
The Fold 4 and 5 were similar... matter fact, they were nearly identical.

At least, with the Fold 6... users will some some noticeable design changes regardless of how minor they seem to be.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
It's time for Samsung to change it up.. this one should not be a incremental upgrade IMO
But that's the smartphone industry in general... it's all incremental upgrades. At least this year, Galaxy Fold users can actually see some design changes compared from the Fold 4 to Fold 5.

And what do you suggest they do? I wouldn't mind them adopting the Pixel Fold passport style design, but I can understand why they don't (most apps are optimized for portrait orientation).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.