Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
What’s your DeX setup? Hub and monitor? Keyboard and mouse?

I’m down with that one… doubt they include the S-Pen though.
Yeah I have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse setup all running through a cheap USB hub. I have 3 of these setup at home, and 2 work locations .I can just plug my laptop or phone into either, and get to work.

I use my Fold 4 as my primary computer for work and home now.

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Ultra camera + wider = day one

+ S-Pen onboard for me. I don't care if it's tiny like the old Palm Pilot ones because when I'm at my desk or have my bag I have the large pen available. Really miss being able to use the pen while out.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
I had notes for many years never really used the s pen much. I would take a 5000+ mah battery over a s pen personally.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'm in haha and don't use the Spen so I will root for it bc folks want it but I'm good

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
This...
The Weibo account purporting to have received information about the foldable project's suspension at Apple is a largely unknown quantity, having no previous track record for Apple rumors to our knowledge, therefore skepticism about its accuracy is warranted.

What I dislike about this story... it states "broke down after a few days," it appears as if they are criticizing the current state of the foldable industry.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
I doubt there is any veracity to this rumor.

Folding phones still have a long way to go until they are as durable as a slab phone, but we are on year 6 of them being on the market, and they have gotten exponentially better.

They certainly don't often break down in a few days.

However if you buy a folding phone, you do need to be conscious that it cannot withstand the same amount of abuse.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I really wish Google would stick with the current form factor.. I'm sure if the upgrades with the chip and camera it will still sway me towards the new one.. I've used the original ones since the release date and I use the phone the same way as all my other phones.. I lay it down anywhere I don't baby it at all maybe because I have insurance I really don't care haha but the phone is the same as the first day I got it..

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Thinner 6

Attachments

• Galaxy-Z-Fold-6-profile-mockup.jpg
    Galaxy-Z-Fold-6-profile-mockup.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: scott craft

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I really wish Google would stick with the current form factor.. I'm sure if the upgrades with the chip and camera it will still sway me towards the new one.. I've used the original ones since the release date and I use the phone the same way as all my other phones.. I lay it down anywhere I don't baby it at all maybe because I have insurance I really don't care haha but the phone is the same as the first day I got it..
Even though I don’t plan on buying the Pixel Fold 2... I do wish they would have stayed with the current form factor since it would have brought some diversity among the foldable group.

Because if both Samsung and Google copies OnePlus in terms of form factor… it removes the characteristic we as consumers value when it comes to devices. But when so many influencers claim overwhelmingly “OnePlus Open has the BEST form factor”… then we get copies.

Yeah, it’s going to be big. And supposedly Pixel Fold 2 will have a UDC.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
If Fold 6 gets a more squarish design then it would be tempting for me. Not as squarish as the Pixel Fold, but rather more like the Oppo Fold. But I'm really happy with my S24+ and see no reason to upgrade in years, since hardware is top notch with 12GB RAM, 4.900mah battery and 512GB storage, plus big bright screen.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
If Fold 6 gets a more squarish design then it would be tempting for me. Not as squarish as the Pixel Fold, but rather more like the Oppo Fold. But I'm really happy with my S24+ and see no reason to upgrade in years, since hardware is top notch with 12GB RAM, 4.900mah battery and 512GB storage, plus big bright screen.
Reason to buy Fold has always been to try something new of a different form factor away from the traditional slab phones

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
A form factor the same width of the Fold 1 but much thinner phone would be fantastic imo. Let's see what they come out with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.