Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you giving FineWoven a chance?

• Total voters

Adamj53

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2014
It got even worse, this case is so much better in hands as the not apple brand, but the quality is so trash, how will it look after a few months? Like a 10 years old couch?
Thats horrendous, in the return period or not I would want My money back. Not fit for purpose if it looks like that after 2 weeks of normal use. Joke.

humerc

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2015
I don’t know what some people are doing with their phones/cases…
I used my black FW Case since release and it still looks great. In the right light you can see on the edges where my fingers often rest, but it is far away from some examples here in this thread.
I still like it and miss leather from day to day less.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
honestly I think this looks like distressed/worn denim, kinda digging it.
What does everyone think of this worn denim look? I’m getting this about 2 weeks after using the case daily, along the edges where I’m holding my phone.

I’ve wiped the back down with a damp cloth and some soapy water maybe every 3 days. I like the original colour of my evergreen and wonder if this colour loss will continue.

IMG_0939.jpeg

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
What does everyone think of this worn denim look? I’m getting this about 2 weeks after using the case daily, along the edges where I’m holding my phone.

I’ve wiped the back down with a damp cloth and some soapy water maybe every 3 days. I like the original colour of my evergreen and wonder if this colour loss will continue.

View attachment 2291068
The more you clean the more you will see loss, as it weakens the fibers even more. I haven't cleaned my blue and it still looks good.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I don’t know what some people are doing with their phones/cases…
I used my black FW Case since release and it still looks great. In the right light you can see on the edges where my fingers often rest, but it is far away from some examples here in this thread.
I still like it and miss leather from day to day less.

That's interesting. One of the very few positive comments. Everytime I walk into an Apple Store and look at the cases, the FineWoven ones are always really scratched up.

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
I'm using the silicone MagSafe case, but have been using the FineWoven wallet for a couple weeks now. It still looks just fine, hardly any wear since I got it. Of course it still remains to be seen how it holds up over time.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
IMG_6511.jpeg

I’ve been using mine for around 2 weeks now, I was quite rough with it too, no babying or anything. Still looks exactly the same as the day I bought it.

I’m not sure what people are doing with theirs, I guess they are dropping their phones a lot or spilling fluids on their phones… I can’t imagine being less careful with my case, and it still looks great.

Smokey63

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2023
I am very disappointed in the quality. Purchased the Finewove case for my new iPhone 15 Pro, using the phone daily and the case looks ... shabby now. To be clear, the phone is either in my hand or goes in and out of a blue jeans pocket - no other stress on the device. The phone is great though - but the cases are a far cry from what I am used from Apple in terms of product quality. I like their approach to forgo leather, but this can not be the final answer !

Just ordered a new, third party, leather case ...

Reactions: RRC and MrENGLISH

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I am very disappointed in the quality. Purchased the Finewove case for my new iPhone 15 Pro, using the phone daily and the case looks ... shabby now. To be clear, the phone is either in my hand or goes in and out of a blue jeans pocket - no other stress on the device. The phone is great though - but the cases are a far cry from what I am used from Apple in terms of product quality. I like their approach to forgo leather, but this can not be the final answer !

Mine looked like it aged 2 years in 2 months time. I work from home and it is either in my pocket or on a desk or table. I've been buying Apple cases since they debuted with the iPhone 6 and they always last me a year or two. This will be my last one if they continue being FineWoven.

I ended up replacing mine with a 3rd party case. I just couldn't take the gross look of my 2 month old FineWoven case anymore. I've had my 3rd party case longer now and it still looks just as great as it did on day one.

In their pursuit of being more environment friendly, they created more waste.

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot and RRC

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006

Apple leather cases have been terrible for the last 3-4 years. More like plastic than leather, no patina unless you count the black grime on the edges of the case. I can understand not liking the FineWoven (mine is fine), but to say Apple leather cases are good, you lose all credibility with me!

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Apple leather cases have been terrible for the last 3-4 years. More like plastic than leather, no patina unless you count the black grime on the edges of the case. I can understand not liking the FineWoven (mine is fine), but to say Apple leather cases are good, you lose all credibility with me!
The Ink leather I had for my 14PM looked great all the way through to when I upgraded. It felt and smelled like leather. It’s true there’s been reports and photos of cases that didn’t age so well but it’s not going to be a universal experience, no matter what type of case being discussed.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
The Ink leather I had for my 14PM looked great all the way through to when I upgraded. It felt and smelled like leather. It’s true there’s been reports and photos of cases that didn’t age so well but it’s not going to be a universal experience, no matter what type of case being discussed.
It is universal, you just can’t see the dark edges on the dark colored leather. I had the green and in the bright sun at certain angles I could see it. It happens to every one of the leather cases from iPhone 13 on.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
It is universal, you just can’t see the dark edges on the dark colored leather. I had the green and in the bright sun at certain angles I could see it. It happens to every one of the leather cases from iPhone 13 on.
I loved the Apple Leather cases. But I agree with this. The XS max era was the last time one of their cases ‘aged well’ for me.

But, I always went back to them no matter what brand I tried to try and get a better experience with a ‘decent leather.’

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I loved the Apple Leather cases. But I agree with this. The XS max era was the last time one of their cases ‘aged well’ for me.

But, I always went back to them no matter what brand I tried to try and get a better experience with a ‘decent leather.’
Yes, I agree. I always used them too. The dark edges didn’t bother me, but I did wish they aged like the ones before they changed the leather.

ls7

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2019
Here is mine after 10-20 days of careful use in the office. I also have silicone and clear cases which I used at home. The sides are all peeling off and I see no reason as to why, never dropped or anything. The case feels good and all but this is completely unacceptable. Apple denied my warranty claim and states this is normal wear and tear. Not my best money spent :(

IMG_3561.jpeg
IMG_3562.jpeg
IMG_3563.jpeg

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US)
That amount is like half year of AC+.

Also I decided to go naked after years of apple leather cases. Guess what, the phone looks like new and it was bought in september. Dropped twice but otherwise I'm trying my best not to :))

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Here is mine after 10-20 days of careful use in the office. I also have silicone and clear cases which I used at home. The sides are all peeling off and I see no reason as to why, never dropped or anything. The case feels good and all but this is completely unacceptable. Apple denied my warranty claim and states this is normal wear and tear. Not my best money spent :(

View attachment 2334564 View attachment 2334565 View attachment 2334566
Did you put it in the washing machine? 🤔Mine looks nothing close to that level of wear. Either something happened to yours or it was a legitimate manufacturing defect with that case.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

View attachment 2334564 View attachment 2334565 View attachment 2334566
Normal wear and tear?!? That’s clearly defective. It appears as their cases have gotten progressively worse, Apple has gotten much more stingy with their warranty replacements.

Reactions: sammjordan

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
They never seem to replace the cases anymore, I've had a claim escalated loads of times and they just deny it.
The only way I’ve managed for them to agree it is to send that case back as faulty and then reorder one, or send it back and then when they get it back, they’ll send a new one.

They wouldn’t send out a replacement FOC like a lot of places do

babalougots

macrumors regular
May 5, 2021
They never seem to replace the cases anymore, I've had a claim escalated loads of times and they just deny it.
If you have AppleCare on your phone, the Apple case should be covered and Apple should be sending you a new one (not one from store stock on the wall) and likely one with minimal packaging, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.