Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you giving FineWoven a chance?

• Total voters

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
If you have AppleCare on your phone, the Apple case should be covered and Apple should be sending you a new one (not one from store stock on the wall) and likely one with minimal packaging, etc.
Are folks saying that if you have Applecare+ on your phone, thn your Apple brand case have some sort of coverage (after the 14 day return period)?

Last edited:

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Are folks saying that if you have Applecare+ on your phone, thn your Apple brand case have some sort of coverage (after the 14 day return period)?

Nope accessories are not covered under AppleCare as far as any policy wording, whether the store just know they’re trash and will happily give you a new case is a different story…

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Nope accessories are not covered under AppleCare as far as any policy wording, whether the store just know they’re trash and will happily give you a new case is a different story…
When I bought mine the employee said they tend to get dirty and scratched and if yours gets like that come back in and we'll replace it as part of a one-year warranty. Obviously, your mileage will vary greatly from employee to employee lol.

Reactions: babalougots

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
Guys, I can recommend you treating this case almost like a piece of clothing. I fully submerged my dirty case in some laundry washing detergent mixed with some hot water for 30 minutes and rubbed everything out. No color loss, whatsoever.

Guess what, it is almost like new and fresh out of the laundry. After some air drying it turned out like the day I bought it.

You can remove stains, you can make it look good again, trust me. It’s not even a big effort after all.

(And to my surprise after fully submerging it in water the MagSafe animation is still working perfectly)

Give it a try!

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
When I bought mine the employee said they tend to get dirty and scratched and if yours gets like that come back in and we'll replace it as part of a one-year warranty. Obviously, your mileage will vary greatly from employee to employee lol.
I'd get that in writing.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Lol, yeah... I'm honestly not expecting to be able to replace my case like he said. However, I have had luck in the past with getting a replacement for my chipped silicone case.
Coincidentally, I had no luck getting a silicone case replaced.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Guys, I can recommend you treating this case almost like a piece of clothing. I fully submerged my dirty case in some laundry washing detergent mixed with some hot water for 30 minutes and rubbed everything out. No color loss, whatsoever.

Guess what, it is almost like new and fresh out of the laundry. After some air drying it turned out like the day I bought it.

You can remove stains, you can make it look good again, trust me. It’s not even a big effort after all.

(And to my surprise after fully submerging it in water the MagSafe animation is still working perfectly)

Give it a try!
is it still slippery?

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
I hardly use it and still looks marked/stained.

IMG_0060.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: tomtad

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I've been using mine every day since release day on the 15 Pro. It's getting worn around the edges in the same way as the leather ones - darker and worn around the corners on the back. But the case itself is still in great shape, no fraying or anything. I think the patina looks better on these than the leather because they are darker colors.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
I've been using mine every day since release day on the 15 Pro. It's getting worn around the edges in the same way as the leather ones - darker and worn around the corners on the back. But the case itself is still in great shape, no fraying or anything. I think the patina looks better on these than the leather because they are darker colors.
Would love to see a pic!

Ralph_91

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
Just wanted to share some sunny-Sunday results ✌️

Left is a 6 month “old” Pacific blue case after my cleaning procedure with laundry detergent, air drying, scotchguarding, air drying.

I can’t spot a difference to my brand-new replacement case, can you? 😉

I stand by it. It’s a real beauty and quality case (that just needs some proper treatment sometimes).

Have a nice sunny Sunday y’all! ☀️😎

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.