Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
Has anyone tried the new beta of Android 11?

No I have not. Have you? I signed up for the beta program then opted out because I was on the beta for Android 10 and my phone was unstable at times. Though not gonna lie it felt kinda nice having access to a version of Android that not many others had.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
No I have not. Have you? I signed up for the beta program then opted out because I was on the beta for Android 10 and my phone was unstable at times. Though not gonna lie it felt kinda nice having access to a version of Android that not many others had.
I haven't brought myself to do the beta yet. My P4XL is just so perfect right now. I don't want to have it wiped when I opt out of the beta program.
It is nice to try the betas. But after a few days I always opt out of the beta program. That involves having my phone wiped and setup all over again :-(

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

I'm tempted to try but I may wait till the next beta or two is released. Like @jamezr , my P4XL is running too good to mess with it :)

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
I haven't brought myself to do the beta yet. My P4XL is just so perfect right now. I don't want to have it wiped when I opt out of the beta program.
It is nice to try the betas. But after a few days I always opt out of the beta program. That involves having my phone wiped and setup all over again :-(
Yeah I get that the whole setting up all over again is not a pleasant experience.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
i sold my ultra and got a new pixel 4 xl 128gb for 500$ and yes sometimes the ultra lag compared to my pixel the battery life on the ultra was amazing and charging speed too but camera not even compare to my pixel

Last edited:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Hey all.
So has anyone tried the BETA for Android 11 yet on their Pixels?
I watched a video with Hi-may Rivaldkcjsiwkxkala (lol) who said that it was a really secure build and he was loving it.

Thinking about jumping on a Pixel again as I want a really good camera. We have just got ourselves a puppy and I want to get some great snaps whilst she's so tiny and a Pixel is the only phone I know that will get consistently fantastic results!
The BETA tempts me even more.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Hey all.
I watched a video with Hi-may Rivaldkcjsiwkxkala (lol) who said that it was a really secure build and he was loving it.

Thinking about jumping on a Pixel again as I want a really good camera. We have just got ourselves a puppy and I want to get some great snaps whilst she's so tiny and a Pixel is the only phone I know that will get consistently fantastic results!
I always have the newest iPhone but swap between Android phones far to often in a year. I have also found myself owning another Pixel 4.

No other phone compares in photography imo, certainly not when it comes to portrait shots of my pooches. My iPhone is decent bet not Pixel decent.

e01b56ec968188531ebc314a1fcc12c1.jpg
8dbdbda836607e32b83c32c130cf96cd.jpg

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hey all.

I've had the 11 beta installed since I got my 4 XL a bit over a week now. For me, it's very been very stable. I honestly forget it's a beta until I reboot and get the beta message. I haven't had a single app that hasn't worked yet and no re-springs or anything. My battery life isn't that great, but not sure if that's the beta or just the 4XL in general.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I've had the 11 beta installed since I got my 4 XL a bit over a week now. For me, it's very been very stable. I honestly forget it's a beta until I reboot and get the beta message. I haven't had a single app that hasn't worked yet and no re-springs or anything. My battery life isn't that great, but not sure if that's the beta or just the 4XL in general.

That's really helpful, thanks.
Was considering trying an XL, but Google's Pixel phones are always too wide to be comfortable for me. Height is not really a problem, but when it's tall AND fat it is not a good match for me.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Hey all.

I keep thinking about it but haven't gotten around to it yet. Even have the image downloaded to get the boot image to patch (hopefully it's the right one as the OTA) for root.

On a side note, I think I'm about ready to port my main line over to fi on the 3a and kick the major carriers and their ridiculous pricing and likely double dipping with spammers (ok, tinfoil hat time lol) to the curb.

Reactions: Aneres11

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
Hey all.

Just got my pixel 4xl a week ago and coming from a Galaxy a7. Downloaded 11.0 beta first thing and haven't run into any problems. This is the first time I have had a high end phone in like 5 years since my Nokia 1020.

I'm on the Att next plan and it seems like every time I paid off one phone and was ready to get a new one, the kids or the wife some how managed to break their phones around the time so I let them use the free upgrade and just bought a to go phone and swapped the SIM cards in. But still lol, the little minions don't know how nice they have it. Luckily for me I don't care to much about my phone as long as I can make calls but I have to have a nice laptop which the kiddies and wife could care less theirs as long as it can get online. I will admit it is glorious to have both a better phone and computer than everyone else for once!

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Got my Pixel 4 about an hour ago. Went with black again, still think it's the best colour option.

Just doing all the updates now and I'm gonna jump straight into the Beta, for BETA or worse... See what I did there. ?

Only took one photo of the pup already and it's just great. This camera is so good.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
Got my Pixel 4 about an hour ago. Went with black again, still think it's the best colour option.

Just doing all the updates now and I'm gonna jump straight into the Beta, for BETA or worse... See what I did there. ?

Only took one photo of the pup already and it's just great. This camera is so good.
They just released Android 11 Beta 2 today and its main focus is supposed to be about stability but to be honest, having run beta 1 for over a week I haven't ran into any problems. What did you upgrade from?

Reactions: Aneres11

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
They just released Android 11 Beta 2 today and its main focus is supposed to be about stability but to be honest, having run beta 1 for over a week I haven't ran into any problems. What did you upgrade from?

Not an upgrade, a side step. I was trialling the Xperia 1 Mark 2. I love Sony phones, but unfortunately, they never live up to expectation.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Google UK have a discount running to reduce 4xl to £659 from £830 at the moment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.