Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I've noticed that I'm not getting notifications on the lock screen. Can only see them once the phone is unlocked on Q.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Im super happy with my pixel 3a... Camera is really awesome.. i went to a friend's gathering and mostly iPhone users they really cant believe on the photos that this small phone can produce .... i think my only worry is the 64gb storage because im already using 40% now.
Its fun to use im enjoying taking photos again.. when i had my iPhone X im not interested to take photo...
2 more things that i enjoy using are the haptics and AOD..i usually turnoff haptics in all my phones.. but for this fone im loving it..
AOD is very useful for me i dont need smart watch for now .

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Im super happy with my pixel 3a... Camera is really awesome.. i went to a friend's gathering and mostly iPhone users they really cant believe on the photos that this small phone can produce .... i think my only worry is the 64gb storage because im already using 40% now.
Its fun to use im enjoying taking photos again.. when i had my iPhone X im not interested to take photo...
2 more things that i enjoy using are the haptics and AOD..i usually turnoff haptics in all my phones.. but for this fone im loving it..
AOD is very useful for me i dont need smart watch for now .

I share the exact same feelings; with my 3a its much much more fun to shoot photos compared to my iPhone Xs.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I've surprised myself with how well I'm doing with only 64gb. Paid for a year of 100gb Google One storage and have all my pics on there now, instead of the phone itself (camera roll also is stored on the phone).

It's such a nice phone to use, especially after the Q update. A Pixel 4 will be a release day buy, doubt I could wait to for any offers later on!

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I've surprised myself with how well I'm doing with only 64gb. Paid for a year of 100gb Google One storage and have all my pics on there now, instead of the phone itself (camera roll also is stored on the phone).

It's such a nice phone to use, especially after the Q update. A Pixel 4 will be a release day buy, doubt I could wait to for any offers later on!
Yeah when all your photos/videos are backed up, 64gb isn't bad. 128gb would be ideal but 64 is manageable.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Yeah when all your photos/videos are backed up, 64gb isn't bad. 128gb would be ideal but 64 is manageable.
It was pretty straight forward organising everything into folders as well. Would be too complicated to select thousands of individual pics that are already on Google photos. I simply uploaded folders from my pc and when it detected a picture already in Google photos, it just used that instead. If that makes sense!

No idea why you can't organise the folders onto alphabetical (or any other) order though.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Speaking of photo storage, is there a gallery on the Pixel lines or is it simply the photo app?

I attempted to upload a photo to FB yesterday and choosing from the Photos app was not an option and none of my pics were showing up.

I had to go to google photos, save the photo to the device, and choose there. Was very wonky.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Speaking of photo storage, is there a gallery on the Pixel lines or is it simply the photo app?

I attempted to upload a photo to FB yesterday and choosing from the Photos app was not an option and none of my pics were showing up.

I had to go to google photos, save the photo to the device, and choose there. Was very wonky.
I have done this allot and it always opens the photos app on my Pixel.
So from FB.....does it ask for permission to allow the access to photos?

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I have done this allot and it always opens the photos app on my Pixel.
So from FB.....does it ask for permission to allow the access to photos?

When I click add photo in FB it only brings up a section called "gallery" and there are like 3 pictures in there and they are specific ones I saved to do this workaround for.

This happens in Instagram too with the same small sample of pics and not my Google Photos library.

I have all permissions on appropriately. No idea what's going on here.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
When I click add photo in FB it only brings up a section called "gallery" and there are like 3 pictures in there and they are specific ones I saved to do this workaround for.

This happens in Instagram too with the same small sample of pics and not my Google Photos library.

I have all permissions on appropriately. No idea what's going on here.

Is there a menu in the top left when you see the gallery option were you can drop it down and select "Photos" aka Google Photos?

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Is there a menu in the top left when you see the gallery option were you can drop it down and select "Photos" aka Google Photos?

Yes, options are:

0--no idea what that means
Reddit
Camera
Download
Restored

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Well actually...
Im thinking of pixel 3a and ipad mini 5 combo haha... Small phone and small powerful gaming tablet....
b97697271d86269d45435cfdb3f9a7ba.jpg

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Had another 10.1mb Q update this morning. Still took almost an hour to complete! Haven't noticed any difference though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.