Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
I swear I see this line every single year. I hope Springboard and App Library are getting some TLC. Hope for the best, but expect minimal improvements, minor bugs, and lots of things being announced and then delayed until a future point release. Just SOP.
If you are seeing / hearing it every year, it is not Apple saying it. It is tech media trying to pump the click machine.

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
The way AI is currently… its like asking your neighbour to manage your life. You have no idea what data its trained on, its biases, who programmed it, its restrictions, any back doors.

And you wouldnt ask your neighbour to manage your life.. so why a early model AI.

It’s better to do it yourself.
Lots of people ask their neighbor to manage their life. Some ask anyone else to manage their life as long as it isn't themselves.

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
  • ability to resize grid for more apps on the screen at once
  • no names
  • position anywhere you want
  • no home bar

anything short of that will be another disappointment. that stuff should had been there years ago.
I like your comment, but strongly disagree on the anything less will be a disappointment part. It seems a little dramatic to me.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
I swear I see this line every single year. I hope Springboard and App Library are getting some TLC. Hope for the best, but expect minimal improvements, minor bugs, and lots of things being announced and then delayed until a future point release. Just SOP.
Springboard is the new finder, we’ll gripe about it for decades and itll still have irritating quirks that you just get used to over time

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think people are overreacting a little bit to the AI stuff. When you swipe down spotlight and see suggested apps, or get a suggested calendar event to add based on an email, or turn your car on and get a pop up with directions where it guesses you're going, you know what that stuff is based on? AI. Apple's just going to try to make it more advanced. And I'm sure they'll have privacy in mind.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
If Hair Force One simply showed putting an icon on the screen where you want it, and instead of automatically jumping to the hardest part of the screen to reach it simply stayed where it was put, dropped the mic and flew out like Prince's guitar, it would be the best WWDC ever.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Id be fine with being able to resize the App icons, putting them FINALLY anywhere on the screen and deactivating the useless App Library.

Oh and get rid of that ugly shadow on app labels again. Literally does not allow me to use any light wallpaper because it’s so ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb

Reactions: gusmula and DOD250

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2023
We already have AI (or more precisely, ML) identifying people, animals, and other objects in photos on iOS to name just one example.

In other words, there are countless useful use cases for AI that aren't a ChatGPT-like bot.

And look where it got us?

1711301393611.png

Even my ex wife who was blind as a bat can tell that's a bloody horse.

ReliableSource

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2011
I like hearing that they’re doing something other than generative AI. I’ve gotten heavily downvoted for saying this on Reddit, but I don’t get the utility of Chat GPT. Sure, it “talks” better than Siri does, but what use is it if you ask it a question and it gives you an outdated or incorrect answer? I’ve seen so many examples of LLMs giving an incorrect answer, being told it’s incorrect, and replying “you’re right, it’s actually [this other incorrect thing].”

I welcome improvements on things I actually find useful like Siri suggestions and natural language input for reminders and calendars and whatnot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.