Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Perhaps the vast majority of iPhone users are not in the "we" category. The average iPhone user doesn't know one tenth of what those who inhabit tech sites do and they don't care.
I’m not sure how a bar at the bottom helps to indicate how it works, though. I’ve also had people repeatedly ask me what the bar in the top right of the lock screen means (which is supposed to indicate that you can pull the Control Center down there).

Avenged110

macrumors 6502a
If you go back and look at iOS 7 you will see that the UI has evolved a lot since then. I don't want to go back to stitched leather and brushed metal. Some more pushable buttons would be nice though.
I agree that Apple has made steady improvements from the low point of iOS 7, though I would also point out that iOS 6 was equally “evolved” from iOS 1 in its UI styling. iOS 1-6 is a pretty distinctively different ‘era’ from 7-17. I miss when Apple’s software UIs were painstakingly designed by guys with taste.

DrWojtek

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2023
AI managing my life? Sounds like quite dystopian stuff. I already find it creepy if AI influences the decisions of people for example by suggesting a restaurant or the "best" route to your destination.
Yeah what nonsense is that about? It’s the ChatGPT stuff that is helpful. This ”AI” stuff about improving sleep, diet and exercise etc is the absolute useless stuff. Samsung gimmick ****. Apple really is behind.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Yeah what nonsense is that about? It’s the ChatGPT stuff that is helpful. This ”AI” stuff about improving sleep, diet and exercise etc is the absolute useless stuff. Samsung gimmick ****. Apple really is behind.
Can’t say that I trust a single thing ChatGPT comes up with. At best, it can point you in a direction where it essentially waves it's hands and says 'over there somewhere'. I find it absolutely wrong for objective things as many times as it is right. And for subjective things…. Develop your own mind and imagination.

azpc

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
I would prefer having a desktop screen with a few labeled icons of my choice. The rest of my apps could be stashed in a customizable launchpad.

Reactions: gusmula

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2015
Since you can lock your phone to prevent snooping, why does it matter what apps are visible on the home screen?
I guess if their partner or someone snoops over their shoulder… having it under the notch will prevent it being seen…

I dont know 😂🧐

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I agree that Apple has made steady improvements from the low point of iOS 7, though I would also point out that iOS 6 was equally “evolved” from iOS 1 in its UI styling. iOS 1-6 is a pretty distinctively different ‘era’ from 7-17. I miss when Apple’s software UIs were painstakingly designed by guys with taste.
I think we’ve reached the “if it works, don’t mess with it too much” era of iOS. That’s not to say there’s no room for improvements, but I think some radical overhaul of iOS would probably cause more harm than good at this point. Incremental improvements and changes are the way forward. Now, a radical hardware change like a folding iPhone would necessitate a radical overhaul just by its nature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.