Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Suffered after upgrading iPad2 from 7.1.2 which was fine to iOS 8.02/8.1 with Safari looping "a problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" error message then finally giving up with "a problem repeatedly occurred" on some sites like The Verge. But I just updated to 8.1.1 beta and it seems to be ok so far. It doesn't get used for much else so I can't speak for other bugs/issues.

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Seem to be improved for me. No matter where I am in a convo, touching the text field to bring up the keyboard scrolls to the bottom now (was a bug in 8.1).

It sometimes seems to work and sometimes not. Keyboard still seems to randomly revert to the Apple keyboard within Messages, sometimes even the button to switch keyboards disappear. Other apps continue to exhibit scroll to bottom issues, including text fields on websites (like this one I'm typing in right now, actually.)

Last edited:

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Is the keyboard bug fixed? I just crashed my safari typing my thread title because my keyboard hanged seriously apple?

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Massive improvement on my iPad Air.

Absolutely delighted. Safari is better because they've removed the unnecessary transparencies on the favourites box and keyboard.

Pinch to home is so much smoother and it feels more responsive. Very pleased.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
When you clear history and website data in settings, Safari still keeps you logged in to websites. Weird.

Edit: Never mind, but i had to go through the process twice for it to work.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Has anyone downloaded 8.1.1 on iPad 2?

If yes, can you please advise if it has improved 'stutter', 'wi-fi speeds' and 'safari browsing'?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Are you serious? Yeah it's more like 25-30 but it sure beats the air 1 that was about 5 fps.

5fps. Talk about a massive over exaggeration.

Someone put a video up of the 6 Plus rotating on Spotlight and the performance is identical to my Air on 8.1. It's choppy but it's not 5fps ... and having used an Air 2 I can tell you it's sure as hell not 30fps.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
What about the spotlight web search? I sometimes use spotlight to search the web and a lot of the time that option doesn't show up after i type something in.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Medical ID doesn't show up on lock screen when you choose it to do so...

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I hope this is true, can anyone else confirm?

Nope. This webpage has been loaded for a couple of minutes and the wheel was spinning the entire time.

Also, the wheel was spinning the entire time I was typing this post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 260

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
This post is a wiki! Feel free to add any fixes, changes, or bugs that you have noticed while using iOS 8.1.1 Beta 1.

Fixes
  • Share menu functions reordering bug fixed.
  • Safari activity spinning wheel bug fixed.
  • Spotlight search dropdown menu graphics bug fixed.
Changes

Bugs
  • Facebook messenger 15.0 send button don't work after first message sent
    (workaround is to go back to contact list to send your second message)

I'm afraid that Safari Spinning Activity is still present :(
Also, ever since iOS beta ios 8, there is the "cosmetic " glitch on iPads.
Whenever you enter settings menu, it is offset downwards, it never reverts to the top, like iPhone versions do...

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Does Safari copy paste links fixed? For example copy link via share menu panel and try to paste link in forum.
Thanks

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Did they fix the Apple TV pop-up menu on the iPad?

When you open control center and tap the Apple TV button, the pop-up is so small (and the list is moved down a bit) that you can't see the mirroring option unless you try scrolling (which isn't very apparent to the user that you can scroll a pop-up menu like this). This bugs me.

Saif23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
iOS 8.1.1 battery drain for iP6 & iP6+ users ? Im having battery drain on my iP6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.