Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Has the 'custom Homescreen wallpaper zooming when rotated to landscape' on the 6 Plus issue been fixed, so the image doesn't zoom, like with the default wallpapers?

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
5fps. Talk about a massive over exaggeration.

Someone put a video up of the 6 Plus rotating on Spotlight and the performance is identical to my Air on 8.1. It's choppy but it's not 5fps ... and having used an Air 2 I can tell you it's sure as hell not 30fps.

I just tried this on my Air 2 and confirmed that the transition is not smooth either.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
I just tried this on my Air 2 and confirmed that the transition is not smooth either.

By the way, there was obviously a bug after updating because I definitely didn't have Transparencies disabled and Safari had no transparencies. I reboot my iPad today and the transparencies are back in Safari as is the horrible lag when you tap the address bar (while on a site) to bring up the keyboard.

The lag when the text in the address bar goes grey and slides to the left to reveal the full site address is horrid.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
do mail notifications clear from the lockscreen if you check the mail from a different device/desktop?

this is my one major annoyance with ios 8

HotIce

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2014
I wish they would allow us to clear notifications from the lock screen! I just read Engadget's review on Android Lollipop and the new features are really nice, like being able to customize who's texts show up on the lock screen.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I wish they would allow us to clear notifications from the lock screen! I just read Engadget's review on Android Lollipop and the new features are really nice, like being able to customize who's texts show up on the lock screen.

You already can. Swipe left on the notification and hit the X button. That's how you clear notifications on the home screen.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
Can anyone tell me if these bugs have been fixed?
1. When I view a photo, the status bar still hangs over the photo
2. When I play a video in a text message, it'll play in the tiny frame it sends in rather than going to a separate, larger screen like it should
3. Date/swipe to unlock disappear on occasion from the lock screen (see photo below)
4. When in text messages, changing orientation to landscape makes the text messages disappear

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1977.PNG
    IMG_1977.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 206

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Massive improvement on my iPad Air.

Absolutely delighted. Safari is better because they've removed the unnecessary transparencies on the favourites box and keyboard.

Pinch to home is so much smoother and it feels more responsive. Very pleased.

Does anyone agree with this? If the pinch to home is so much smoother, i dont care about my current jailbreak. I just wish animation stuttering is fixed.

Last edited:

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
Can anyone tell me if these bugs have been fixed?
1. When I view a photo, the status bar still hangs over the photo
2. When I play a video in a text message, it'll play in the tiny frame it sends in rather than going to a separate, larger screen like it should
3. Date/swipe to unlock disappear on occasion from the lock screen (see photo below)
4. When in text messages, changing orientation to landscape makes the text messages disappear

Thanks!

2. Don't tap the play button, press the image area and the video will play full screen

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Does it fix the unresponsive links that crop up on a Safari page, where no links work until you scroll up or down a little?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
5fps. Talk about a massive over exaggeration.

Someone put a video up of the 6 Plus rotating on Spotlight and the performance is identical to my Air on 8.1. It's choppy but it's not 5fps ... and having used an Air 2 I can tell you it's sure as hell not 30fps.

Go ahead and rotate the keyboard using safari on an air vs air 2 and get back to me ;)

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
"Safari activity spinning wheel bug fixed"
No it hasn't been fixed.... Still spinning I'm afraid... :(
Not all websites, but cultofmac is a good (bad) example I'm afraid...
Seems like their webpage is loading indefinitely...

funkymonkeyboy

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Northern Scotland
Did they fix the Apple TV pop-up menu on the iPad?

When you open control center and tap the Apple TV button, the pop-up is so small (and the list is moved down a bit) that you can't see the mirroring option unless you try scrolling (which isn't very apparent to the user that you can scroll a pop-up menu like this). This bugs me.

Not fixed.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How do you know?
Hah. For a moment I was thinking what does hardware or homework ("hw") have to do with it all and what "noe" is in reference to. What a difference just a few extra characters (that aren't exactly all that hard to include to begin with) make.

Last edited:

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan

If you are all saying the animation is the same on the air 2 vs the air for spotlight rotation, then I don't know what you're smoking. It may not be butter smooth but it's a hell of a lot smoother than it was. It's a fact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.