Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Ok good to read that you found it after all. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner with an answer.
Here's another. Box has a widget that does several things. One is a shortcut to "favorites". The Box already in Launcher goes to last visited. I'd like to add the URL for favorites. Can't figure it out. Tried box://favorites and a few others with no luck. Any ideas? I emailed Box hoping they'll reply with the URL. Thanks!

LightWing!

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Added the setting for the new Battery section in settings in iOS 9. Handy for getting to Low Power Mode switch quickly.

prefs:root=BATTERY_USAGE
is there a way to get into low power mode settings tab without going through the battery tab?
I'm on an iPad and i thought that if you can use the url schemes to get to places faster then maybe it could bypass the GUI and let me turn on low power mode on my iPad...
i know for a fact that low power mode works on iPad, because when you put your iPad into lost mode it automatically turns on low power mode even on iPad...
thanks for anyone with knowledge about this...
i hope this is the right place to ask this...

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Pretty bummed Apple has locked down shortcuts to system settings in iOS 10 :(
And the clock app, Contacts, and voice memos. I'm still hopeful they'll fix it. From what I was told by the beta team, it wasn't intentional. He thought it had been fixed. We'll see. I'm gonna continue sending feedback.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I will wait with switching to iOS10 untill they added the URL scheme support again for e.g. Settings. I use Bluetooth and WIFI or battery usage per app a lot.

is there a way to get into low power mode settings tab without going through the battery tab?
I'm on an iPad and i thought that if you can use the url schemes to get to places faster then maybe it could bypass the GUI and let me turn on low power mode on my iPad...
i know for a fact that low power mode works on iPad, because when you put your iPad into lost mode it automatically turns on low power mode even on iPad...
thanks for anyone with knowledge about this...
i hope this is the right place to ask this...

I'm afraid there isn't an URL scheme for that but that isn't possible in general to switch it on/off, there is only the shortcut to the Battery area where the low power mode option is available.
There is only the option to select Settings > 'Battery' so you can acccess that + battery usage per app.

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
I will wait with switching to iOS10 untill they added the URL scheme support again for e.g. Settings. I use Bluetooth and WIFI or battery usage per app a lot.

I'm afraid there isn't an URL scheme for that but that isn't possible in general to switch it on/off, there is only the shortcut to the Battery area where the low power mode option is available.
There is only the option to select Settings > 'Battery' so you can acccess that + battery usage per app.

Yea smart move. I updated and the wifi, Bluetooth, and settings link no longer works. It sucks because I use them a lot as well. For example when i turn my Bluetooth headphones on I could just click the Bluetooth icon and it would take me straight to the pairing page under settings.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Yea smart move. I updated and the wifi, Bluetooth, and settings link no longer works. It sucks because I use them a lot as well. For example when i turn my Bluetooth headphones on I could just click the Bluetooth icon and it would take me straight to the pairing page under settings.
My guess is they removed the ability for Settings, contacts, clock app, and voice memo because those would then be accessible from the lock screen. It could be done, but Apple just took the easy road.

Reactions: s2smooth4u

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
My guess is they removed the ability for Settings, contacts, clock app, and voice memo because those would then be accessible from the lock screen. It could be done, but Apple just took the easy road.

Yep Agreed...it just sucks to do the extra clicking. Hopefully it comes back.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands

How then? Also with an older devices with 3D touch to e.g. access battery usage per app, refresh in background, wifi networks, Bluetooth devices?

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
How then? Also with an older devices with 3D touch to e.g. access battery usage per app, refresh in background, wifi networks, Bluetooth devices?

I was thinking of security issues. Much of what Apple puts limitations on have to do with security. I'm pretty clueless actually.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Is there a way to create a canned group message in the current version of Magic Launcher? I have a shortcut set up in a previous version with a canned message to 14 recipients which still works great but I cannot see anyway to create a new one in the current version of ML.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL

Maybe, just maybe!!
From the Launcher beta!
9559fe5f42b6855d1d39e0c7be5d54de.png

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Magic Launcher has just released in the store, bringing back Quick Settings. So happy about this!

I use Launcher. But I tried Magic Launcher. It shows alert and timer in the clock app. But they don't work. I notified the developer. He said he would fix it in the next update. He'll have to make it a single shortcut to the Clock app. That's how it is now in Launcher.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I've found the developer to be extremely responsive, and open to suggestions. One of the reasons I prefer Magic Launcher over Launcher.

I use Launcher. But I tried Magic Launcher. It shows alert and timer in the clock app. But they don't work. I notified the developer. He said he would fix it in the next update. He'll have to make it a single shortcut to the Clock app. That's how it is now in Launcher.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Both Launcher Pro and Magic Launcher can now launch Settings app. I wonder what was changed to get it pass Apple.
I had launcher shortcut for Battery Usage which stopped working, now with the latest update I created another shortcut for the Battery Usage and it has the same URL path as the old one, but the previously created launcher shortcut doesn't work even though it shows the same URL path.

Magic Launcher has just released in the store, bringing back Quick Settings. So happy about this!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Both Launcher Pro and Magic Launcher can now launch Settings app. I wonder what was changed to get it pass Apple.
I had launcher shortcut for Battery Usage which stopped working, now with the latest update I created another shortcut for the Battery Usage and it has the same URL path as the old one, but the previously created launcher shortcut doesn't work even though it shows the same URL path.
It all might have been simpler than anyone really thought:
Psst... prefs:root url-schemes work if you write it with a capital "P" like Prefs:root

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
That's good to know..had seen this before some time back (Prefs:root instead of prefs:root), so thought it was already resolved. Also, this means Settings app not being able to be launched from Launcher is unrelated to the release of iOS 10.0.2.

It all might have been simpler than anyone really thought:

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL

In Launcher, the battery option in the Launcher list under Settings works fine. No need for the URL. Battery usage and low power are now the same. I prefer Launcher mostly because I already paid for Pro. But I've also had good convo with Greg, the dev. I like the multiple sections and the "Show more /show less" feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.