Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I've come to love the look of the Quick Settings in Magic Launcher. And the groups folders too. Also, just fyi I thought I read somewhere that ML Pro was free this weekend. Not sure as I already paid for it.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
There is one more launcher for Battery setting under Magic Launchers which wasn't working since iOS 10.0.2. That one also shows battery % which is kind of redundant along with CPU and RAM usage. Most of the time the CPU and RAM usage are shown almost >95% even with just 3-4 basic apps open, as long as the phone is working fine it doesn't bother except that it's shown in red

In Launcher, the battery option in the Launcher list under Settings works fine. No need for the URL. Battery usage and low power are now the same. I prefer Launcher mostly because I already paid for Pro. But I've also had good convo with Greg, the dev. I like the multiple sections and the "Show more /show less" feature.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
There is one more launcher for Battery setting under Magic Launchers which wasn't working since iOS 10.0.2. That one also shows battery % which is kind of redundant along with CPU and RAM usage. Most of the time the CPU and RAM usage are shown almost >95% even with just 3-4 basic apps open, as long as the phone is working fine it doesn't bother except that it's shown in red

Yep. Those are the dynamic magic Launcher widgets. Launcher has those as well. I have a few in my Launcher 6 just for fun.
554dcece82172666db44a22ce67f50b6.png

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It's so great that it's now possible again in iOS10 too to launch various settings again from the Apple Settings app (just simply with changing to a capital letter) and I suppose also all other missing launcher for Apple apps (Contacts,Clock, Voice Memo, Weather, Facetime?) are working again? Can someone please confirm this. I use the launcher for Facetime audio a lot now in iOS9.x. I still haven't updated because I hate it that you can't swipe down and see your widgets instantly in iOS10 but first see Notifications (which I don't use ever).
I did update the TS with these case sensitive Settings URL schemes.

I've found the developer to be extremely responsive, and open to suggestions. One of the reasons I prefer Magic Launcher over Launcher.

Yes (s)he is via Facebook although his/her English isn't that good though so sometimes I don't really understand what he means.

In Launcher, the battery option in the Launcher list under Settings works fine. No need for the URL. Battery usage and low power are now the same. I prefer Launcher mostly because I already paid for Pro. But I've also had good convo with Greg, the dev. I like the multiple sections and the "Show more /show less" feature.

I prefer Launcher from Greg, Cromulent Labs because it can launch so much more apps and in app settings then Magic Launcher.
I did suggest a few to Magic Launcher thought but i'm not sure if this is being added soon. After login you can only suggest app and not in app settings for that you also need to send them an e-mail I suppose.

I've come to love the look of the Quick Settings in Magic Launcher. And the groups folders too. Also, just fyi I thought I read somewhere that ML Pro was free this weekend. Not sure as I already paid for it.

Yes it was free in the weekend instead of the 2.99 dollar/euro. I grabbed it although my main launcher apps is Launcher from Greg, Cromulent Labs.

Any of the launcher app launch Apple apps such as Pages?

No I'm afraid that the ones below can't be launched
  • Pages
  • Numbers
and other because these simply don't have URL schemes I believe.
Most of the other Apple apps are supported though. See also this support page > Creating/Editing launchers > 'What frequently requested apps do not support being launched by third-party apps like Launcher?'
of Launcher. Please note that this app list isn't up to date though because a majority of app can now be launched (again).

Last edited:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Wow Magic Launcher is pretty awesome, playing around with it today. Question, how do you get apps inside of a group folder? I've tried to drag them into the folder in the editing screen but they don't go in. Or am I misunderstanding how groups work?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Very happy launcher is back in business. I'm not really one for janitoring things but for shortcuts to settings, hotspot, wifi and cellular (the latter being "magic" and showing bandwidth is non-essential to me but a nice bonus) it's worth it alone.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
You have to click and open the folder and then create a launcher for apps once inside the folder. It's not like app icons dragging into a folder in iOS, though intuitively one tends to do it at the first try.

Wow Magic Launcher is pretty awesome, playing around with it today. Question, how do you get apps inside of a group folder? I've tried to drag them into the folder in the editing screen but they don't go in. Or am I misunderstanding how groups work?

Reactions: spinedoc77

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Anyone know of a Facebook shortcut URL that goes straight to the newsfeed? Launcher has "launch app" and "go to my profile". But both go to my timeline. Direct to the newsfeed would be nice. Actually, "launch app" goes to where it was left off.

Last edited:

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
See if fb://feed works

Anyone know of a Facebook shortcut URL that goes straight to the newsfeed? Launcher has "launch app" and "go to my profile". But both go to my timeline. Direct to the newsfeed would be nice. Actually, "launch app" goes to where it was left off.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It's so great that it's now possible again in iOS10 too to launch various settings again from the Apple Settings app (just simply with changing to a capital letter) and I suppose also all other missing launcher for Apple apps (Contacts,Clock, Voice Memo, Weather, Facetime?) are working again? Can someone please confirm this. I use the launcher for Facetime audio a lot now in iOS9.x.

Can someone please confirm this who is now running iOS10?

See if fb://feed works

I did notice indeed that Magic Launcher does have a separate feed link but they don't indicate in the app what the URL scheme is. Launcher widget doesn't have this feed link although opening app does bring me to the feed every time although I did have my profile page open the last time when I had the app open.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
I just tested a launcher for Facetime Audio and it works on iOS 10.0.2

I did notice indeed that Magic Launcher does have a separate feed link but they don't indicate in the app what the URL scheme is. Launcher widget doesn't have this feed link although opening app does bring me to the feed every time although I did have my profile page open the last time when I had the app open.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL

That all works as far as I can see. Facetime has been working. It didn't work at first in iOS 10 beta 1. But it started working in beta 2 or 3. The scheme you suggested worked! Thanks!

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I've been using that for a while so the confidence level was high it would work for you

In terms of access in general, we are pretty much back to where we were, in a good way, in iOS 10. Is there anything that still doesn't work, that used to work in iOS 9?

Also, I don't want to diverge into iOS 10 UX bashing, but I really do miss the faster access to widgets. Having to swipe down, and ALWAYS having to then swipe right to get to widgets is really a bummer. I personally use widgets far more than accessing notifications.

The scheme you suggested worked! Thanks!

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
I've been using that for a while so the confidence level was high it would work for you

In terms of access in general, we are pretty much back to where we were, in a good way, in iOS 10. Is there anything that still doesn't work, that used to work in iOS 9?

Also, I don't want to diverge into iOS 10 UX bashing, but I really do miss the faster access to widgets. Having to swipe down, and ALWAYS having to then swipe right to get to widgets is really a bummer. I personally use widgets far more than accessing notifications.

Swipe down? I only swipe right. Access is about the same for me now as it was on the Today screen. I do like access from the lock screen. One more. I use the Box app a lot. I create wallpapers and store them there. I'm trying to find the URL to take me straight to "favorites". Box has a widget that does that, but I want in Launcher. I've tried just about everything. Ideas?

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I am mostly accessing widgets from within apps. In iOS 10 one must swipe down, then right, every time. iOS 10 does not remember your last selection. I very much dislike that.

Swipe down? I only swipe right.

Regarding Box, I do not use it. Trying searching online for URL scheme for Box and see if anything turns up.

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
I am mostly accessing widgets from within apps. In iOS 10 one must swipe down, then right, every time. iOS 10 does not remember your last selection. I very much dislike that.

Regarding Box, I do not use it. Trying searching online for URL scheme for Box and see if anything turns up.

Thanks. I couldn't find it. I was able to get it to the "all files" folder. So I moved the folders I wanted to all files. That'll have to do. Now I can delete the Box widget.

Reactions: Paco II

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Magic Launcher Pro is free for a limited time ...

I have to be the unluckiest consumer as I paid full price, by it seems like it's always on sale or free. Oh well, still an awesome app and worth the money.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Let's not forget how inexpensive these apps are, and that devs barely make anything. Good for you that you paid. You shouldn't feel unlucky, you should feel proud.

I have to be the unluckiest consumer as I paid full price, by it seems like it's always on sale or free. Oh well, still an awesome app and worth the money.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
As pointed out here, it might not have been that iOS 10 blocking Settings launcher.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-using-launcher.1782093/page-18#post-23690956

Apple however did make a changes in iOS10 as far as allowing lower case for the Settings any longer but anyhow it works that's the most important thing.

I also saw David Barnard @drbarnard on Twitter the developer of Launch Center Pro saying that "app-Prefs" allows you to launch from the app as well (besides the widget).

Reactions: gaanee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.