Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Just a reminder: this is a thread to post all the “little” features Apple did not discuss in stage at the keynote introducing iOS 13.

If you are having issue or just want discuss iOS 13 in general, please do that in the appropriate beta thread.

Thanks!

TexasAggie013

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2016
067E771D-D4AC-4722-B532-499D21279E28.jpeg
I don’t remember seeing this on any of the previous pages so I thought I’d go ahead and post. Apologies if this is already known.

I was able to send music to two Bluetooth speakers at the same time. Both sources I know don’t have Bluetooth v5 and neither was a set of AirPods. Phone is a XS with PB 1.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
View attachment 847400
I don’t remember seeing this on any of the previous pages so I thought I’d go ahead and post. Apologies if this is already known.

I was able to send music to two Bluetooth speakers at the same time. Both sources I know don’t have Bluetooth v5 and neither was a set of AirPods. Phone is a XS with PB 1.
Nice! And I don't think this has been posted before. So thank! Good find!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Me either!
I wish I knew what this feature is officially called or the parameters of what it is supposedly capably of doing (e.g., how much of an autocorrection of skewed photos should it be able to correct?). Then I would report it. I don't feel right, though, reporting something that I'm not sure of how / how much it should work.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I wish I knew what this feature is officially called or the parameters of what it is supposedly capably of doing (e.g., how much of an autocorrection of skewed photos should it be able to correct?). Then I would report it. I don't feel right, though, reporting something that I'm not sure of how / how much it should work.
I don't think reporting it and attaching examples is gonna hurt. Even if it's not top priority for now, I reckon Apple would want to improve the feature (after they iron out major bugs).

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I don't think reporting it and attaching examples is gonna hurt. Even if it's not top priority for now, I reckon Apple would want to improve the feature (after they iron out major bugs).
Right, but what is it called? Autostraighten?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Generally it’s referred as perspective correction. Perhaps Apple will give it a more Apple-ly name

Magic perspective correction! Seriously though I think "automatic perspective correction in the crop tool" is probably as good a way to explain it as any.

Reactions: ErikGrim

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
View attachment 847400

That’s awesome. Can you send audio simultaneously to both Bluetooth speakers and airplay 2 speakers?

Saint74

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2019
Could you help me to know what is wrong because I cannot see any drive attached to my Ipad pro 11. I cannot see it in Files app at all.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
It works on the Xr.

Works on my 7, so I think that rules out all our theories.

That makes this even more "magical"! I still wish I knew the parameters of it though. Is it limited to a certain high-end angle of skewness? Lightroom has a similar tool (though you have to invoke it for it to work). I'm sure it works on similar principles (probably the variance of x and y coordinates of what appears to be a regular polygon vs the ideal x/y of the framed captured image). But where does it stop and "assume" the skewness was intentional versus inadvertant framing?

I must know!!!

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
That makes this even more "magical"! I still wish I knew the parameters of it though. Is it limited to a certain high-end angle of skewness? Lightroom has a similar tool (though you have to invoke it for it to work). I'm sure it works on similar principles (probably the variance of x and y coordinates of what appears to be a regular polygon vs the ideal x/y of the framed captured image). But where does it stop and "assume" the skewness was intentional versus inadvertant framing?

I must know!!!
I am still so weirded out that no one has mentioned outside of my forum posts here. I even emailed MR staff with the pictures and video and yet nothing. If this had been demonstrated in a keynote, I would have been floored!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I am still so weirded out that no one has mentioned outside of my forum posts here. I even emailed MR staff with the pictures and video and yet nothing. If this had been demonstrated in a keynote, I would have been floored!

It may not be a tentpole feature but it sure highlights AI at work. You’d think they’d at least mention it.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Perspective correction has been in Photoshop forever, way before AI was a thing. It doesn't need anything special from the camera and is just pure image processing.
It's still amazing that this kind of processing is now on a mobile device.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
iOS 13 isn't that advanced in its perspective correction. You only need 4 points in PS to get the same effect as to what iOS 13 is doing.
Yes, it's only a single plane correction. But the point is that photoshop does not know where those four points are. You still have to place them manually.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Yes, it's only a single plane correction. But the point is that photoshop does not know where those four points are. You still have to place them manually.

Agree with this. Unlike, say, auto correcting color, which is based on data available to the device (ambient light color temp, mainly), this feature requires the device to reason from a 2 dimensional image to a three dimensional correction.

Reactions: ErikGrim
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.