Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

noshooz

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Central Maryland
I've had this bug on iPadOS 13 too.

It's supposed to show on your lock screen before you've unlocked the device. It appears to be persisting after unlocking.

Ah! That was my next guess, that it's just a bug. It doesn't affect my use of the device in any way, thankfully.

UPDATE: I get home, unlock the iPad, see the lock icon “unlock”, then disappear as the device unlocks.

Last edited:

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
iPad Pro 11 inch public beta current one .....

I am having trouble keeping my safari favorite icons on the screen. From time to time I will go into a website clicking on the website icon in favorites and then after I’m finished I try to go back and all my icons are gone. The only way to fix this temporarily is to go back to the home screen, than click on safari again and they reappear. Anybody have the same issue? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it known bug ?

06EC5432-2828-4DB6-8305-81EA19C40FDE.png 839CAB7C-A355-4993-8F67-569A99025011.png

Last edited:

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
iPad Pro 11 inch public beta current one .....

I am having trouble keeping my safari favorite icons on the screen. From time to time I will go into a website clicking on the website icon in favorites and then after I’m finished I try to go back and all my icons are gone. The only way to fix this temporarily is to go back to the home screen, than click on safari again and they reappear. Anybody have the same issue? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it known bug ?

View attachment 850199 View attachment 850200
Same problem on the iPhone. I’ve reported it

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
Also noticed that the scroll bar on the right side of the screen of my iPad Pro is missing. Once however it did show when I use my mouse, but all the other times there are no scrollbars. Reported same apple

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I can’t add to the wiki at the mo, as I’m using Tapatalk whilst at work, but I’ve noticed that in this beta, when Siri announces a new message on AirPods, instead of being the default text tone you have, it’s a new tone. In previous betas, it was always the tone I had assigned to the person or the default one if I hadn’t assigned one.

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
All of a sudden after the update to 13.4 I am now missing my virtual keyboard on iPad Pro 11 inch. Anyone know what happened

Also my microphone is missing.

OK I found it my mistake.

Last edited:

dallardice

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
"Find My..." now notifies someone if you set up a notification on them...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5eb1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_5eb1.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 352

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
Anyone having issues in multitasking panes with the messages app. Where it goes blank after a few moments off the screen.

I’m required to close the complete messages app and reopen. When in pane view the messages will go blank and unresponsive when re opened.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Anyone having issues in multitasking panes with the messages app. Where it goes blank after a few moments off the screen.

I’m required to close the complete messages app and reopen. When in pane view the messages will go blank and unresponsive when re opened.

Same here.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008

Same here! Annoying if you ask me, but it’s a beta lol

dallardice

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Are you creeping up on people? Of course they should know about notifications about their location.

They’ve already given me permission to access their location, otherwise I wouldn’t have the option to set a notification. I can sit and watch on “Find My” to see when they leave work or are nearing home, so I don’t see what extra value or security is provided telling them that I’ve set a notification rather than just keeping an eye on the app.

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
Are you creeping up on people? Of course they should know about notifications about their location.

I am also not completely sold on this; at least in Family setting.

For example - I regularly set up a location alert for my kids when they go to a sleepover (to get a notification when they leave the location). I'd like it if I would have an option at least to not send that push alert to their phone as a parent.

I trust my kids in situation like this. But want to have a verification.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
But why? Why should those People being monitored receive notification that they are being monitored given they know they will be monitored anyway? I can understand the reason is to alert people, but unless user can reject location sharing from notification, there is little point to provide such notification.

Reactions: ErikGrim

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
They’ve already given me permission to access their location, otherwise I wouldn’t have the option to set a notification. I can sit and watch on “Find My” to see when they leave work or are nearing home, so I don’t see what extra value or security is provided telling them that I’ve set a notification rather than just keeping an eye on the app.

The security is that now they know you’re a creeper! It’s different to know that someone is scee
I am also not completely sold on this; at least in Family setting.

For example - I regularly set up a location alert for my kids when they go to a sleepover (to get a notification when they leave the location). I'd like it if I would have an option at least to not send that push alert to their phone as a parent.

I trust my kids in situation like this. But want to have a verification.

Um, it is very clear that you do not trust your kids. Hence the spying and why you don’t want push notifications telling them so. Holy Toledo - don’t you see how it can be taken advantage of? Spying spouses, deranged spouses, employers on employees...

dallardice

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
The security is that now they know you’re a creeper! It’s different to know that someone is scee

Um, it is very clear that you do not trust your kids. Hence the spying and why you don’t want push notifications telling them so. Holy Toledo - don’t you see how it can be taken advantage of? Spying spouses, deranged spouses, employers on employees...

In which case, why would the spouse agree to be visible on "Find My" at all? I would never give my employer access to view my location on "Find My". The point is that you can only "creep" (as you put it) on someone who has ALREADY AGREED THAT I CAN VIEW THEIR LOCATION. I only look at my husband's location, to see when he's heading home. He knows I do it, he's given permission for me to do it, I'm not creeping on anyone. But now, my viewing his location gives him friction because he has a notification telling him that I'm doing it. That's no big deal, but it seems absolutely pointless given that he knows I can see where he is whenever (and vice versa, and we're both OK with that).

So I don't see what the notification to him adds, in terms of security or value. If I had surreptitiously signed him up to this without his knowledge, I can still watch his location and he won't get a notification, so... what's the point? If this stays in, it won't change anything about how I use the app, it just means that he's getting a useless notification saying "this person who you said could see your location is looking at your location right now"

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015

Why use a bulky and heavy phone with so many settings to track someone when a tag or a dirt cheap GPS receiver attached to working clothes can do just the same, and probably better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.