Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Actually, it might have been in one of the other sessions in WWDC, I’m doubting myself now, I know in the keynote they said the new map updates are expected to be done in the US by the end of 2019 and then expend to other countries from 2020 (37:55 into the keynote), and think that was then expanded on in another session that this was about the new look to maps (topography, etc) and so that Look Around falls into that category. Apologies, as I wasn’t totally accurate in my other post, but the information is out there if you look for it.

They did say that, but that refers to the owned mapping data, not necessarily additional iOS13 specific features like Look Around. Look Around is a separate layer of the new Maps and as we have seen already with the exisiting rollout, it will not necessarily be on the same schedule. No different then the launch of other features like Flyover/3d satellite views, transit details, internal maps, etc.

Reactions: gwhizkids

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
They did say that, but that refers to the owned mapping data, not necessarily additional iOS13 specific features like Look Around. Look Around is a separate layer of the new Maps and as we have seen already with the exisiting rollout, it will not necessarily be on the same schedule. No different then the launch of other features like Flyover/3d satellite views, transit details, internal maps, etc.

Thanks for expanding on what I was saying. As I said, more was said in other WWDC sessions that places will be added gradually.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
One small change I noticed that is extremely welcome is that the "Personal Hotspot" blue banner is now the same thickness as the status bar and doesn't push the UI down. I was always annoyed by this when letting people use my hotspot because it basically made my usable screen area slightly smaller!

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Love long press on iPhone SE. just wish there was a slight vibration to give some haptic-like feedback when using it. Still deciding whether I like dark mode. Figured I’d use it at night. Speed seems the same as iOS 12, perhaps slightly, slightly slower but not anything notable.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Word of warning. If in Messages and you go to edit the contacts avatar and create an Animoji in its place, you can't finish the process cause the creation window is bigger than the screen so the continue button is out of reach on iPhone XR. Tried and tested a few times without fail. Fun times!

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
When reading an email, how do I move it to a folder? The folder icon at the bottom is gone.

I shouldn't have to ask these kinds of questions... but this update seems less straight forward with everything. What is the purpose of removing these buttons?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
anyone else finding 13 to be a little sluggish on an iPhone x ?
It’s sluggish on just about all devices, including my XR. This has been the biggest software snafu for apple in a while, hence 13.1 is just a few days away .
[automerge]1569078002[/automerge]

Word of warning. If in Messages and you go to edit the contacts avatar and create an Animoji in its place, you can't finish the process cause the creation window is bigger than the screen so the continue button is out of reach on iPhone XR. Tried and tested a few times without fail. Fun times!
Just one of MANY bugs. I’ve had my keyboard in messages just disappear without me tapping anything and I have to tap the text field to get it to pop back up. Quick reply to messages on the lock screen has crashed a few times for me as well.

Also, I have had many apps get flushed from memory very often including the widget screen being blank many times having to refresh itself. So there’s major memory leak issues somewhere.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
It’s sluggish on just about all devices, including my XR. This has been the biggest software snafu for apple in a while, hence 13.1 is just a few days away .
[automerge]1569078002[/automerge]

Just one of MANY bugs. I’ve had my keyboard in messages just disappear without me tapping anything and I have to tap the text field to get it to pop back up. Quick reply to messages on the lock screen has crashed a few times for me as well.

Also, I have had many apps get flushed from memory very often including the widget screen being blank many times having to refresh itself. So there’s major memory leak issues somewhere.
Actually, iOS 13 feels snapier on my iPhone X. I am on the most recent public beta.

Last edited:

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
Now that I’m running iOS 13 on my iPhone, I really want to update my iPad to iPad OS. So I’m wondering if I should wait for the official release on Tuesday or will installing the public beta give a more advanced version of the operating system? Sort of like the general release of iOS 13.0 for the iPhone while and the public betas are on 13.1. Is the most public beta is for iPadOS an updated version of iPadOS that will release on Tuesday?

Thanks for any thoughts.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Now that I’m running iOS 13 on my iPhone, I really want to update my iPad to iPad OS. So I’m wondering if I should wait for the official release on Tuesday or will installing the public beta give a more advanced version of the operating system? Sort of like the general release of iOS 13.0 for the iPhone while and the public betas are on 13.1. Is the most public beta is for iPadOS an updated version of iPadOS that will release on Tuesday?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I’d wait.

Reactions: Gator5000e

jakub4444

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2019
Birmingham, Wielka Brytania
Hi, I am getting this searching for network problem. Cannot fix it, tried Apple Support articles, contacted my provider, tried everything. Cannot call, text, no network. Only can connect to WiFi. I have an iPhone 8, upgraded to iOS 13. Anyone has this problem?

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

It works as it should on 13.1 (also on XR).

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Anyone else notice scrolling response is noticeably laggy? It’s ever so slight but swiping to scroll in most Apps has this annoying tiny delay before registering your swipe. Very noticeable when swiping to widget screen from home screen and sometimes even a delay when swiping up to get out of any app. Also lots of random animation stuttering all over the place.

Using iPhone XR

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Seems quicker to me on my X - battery life seems OK. It strikes me as a bunch of changes that I see - is why - doesn't seem to add or fix function just a change so we have to play to figure out what we did before.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Maybe direct folks cause there’s a thread for Beta 4, Which apps updated for iOS 13, Apple Maps thread, a working, broken,meh app thread (Probably could be part of the former apps updated thread). One for bug fixes, changes, improvements made. And a speculation thread oh, and this iOS 13 all the little things thread. *shrugs*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.