Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Somehow the widgets on the opening screen are not displaying anymore, just the clock is there a on/off for that feature?

alfon_sico

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2015
Choice WiFi net or Bluetooth devices from control center icon could be improve if you could active it without “expand” control center icons 4 to 6 in that screen

Reactions: alexala

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
Did anybody manage to connect WD external drive to the iPad? Regular USB get recognized, however the 1TB external drive not.

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
Is it true that I can only use USB Sticks with all iPads and iPhones but HDDs only with the iPad Pro?
No. You can use anything with anything, the only issue is whether your device will power the USB device. iPad Pros with USB-C will power far more devices including hard drives, for everything else you’ll need an external power bank and an adapter to plug the usb device into.
[doublepost=1563040514][/doublepost]
Did anybody manage to connect WD external drive to the iPad? Regular USB get recognized, however the 1TB external drive not.
Is it encrypted? That might be the issue.

Reactions: maschinetheist

TheDoctorX

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
No. You can use anything with anything, the only issue is whether your device will power the USB device. iPad Pros with USB-C will power far more devices including hard drives, for everything else you’ll need an external power bank and an adapter to plug the usb device into.
[doublepost=1563040514][/doublepost]
Is it encrypted? That might be the issue.
No. but it’s NTFS formated. This should be the problem I guess.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Thank you. And do you know if the iPad Air 2019 supports USB 3.0 Speed or is an 2.0 adapter enough?

soy

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Brooklyn
Somehow the widgets on the opening screen are not displaying anymore, just the clock is there a on/off for that feature?

I know it’s been a few days, so you might have figured this out: scroll down and they’ll show up.

Basically in the “edit” screen you can see a “pinned favorites” section. Those are the ones that will always show on the homescreen. The ones underneath only show up when you scroll down. If none are pinned, and you scroll all the way up, or restart the iPad, it will only show the time until you scroll.

maschinetheist

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
I know it’s been a few days, so you might have figured this out: scroll down and they’ll show up.

Basically in the “edit” screen you can see a “pinned favorites” section. Those are the ones that will always show on the homescreen. The ones underneath only show up when you scroll down. If none are pinned, and you scroll all the way up, or restart the iPad, it will only show the time until you scroll.

Thanks - took me a while to find that. Not a bad idea to be able to hide/show those at all times.

wrkngclasshero

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Columbia, MD
Anybody notice some of the Apple apps have larger icons in the dock? Safari and Files specifically are much bigger than any other apps in my ipad 11” dock.
[doublepost=1563493571][/doublepost]This is super weird. I just went into jiggle mode and shifted them, and they resized themselves....

Attachments

• ACB01DD9-95D4-41D0-8E77-ADC7B8DDE33A.png
    ACB01DD9-95D4-41D0-8E77-ADC7B8DDE33A.png
    8 MB · Views: 297
  • 8915F859-EAA1-4B61-81A7-52B56B280E9D.png
    8915F859-EAA1-4B61-81A7-52B56B280E9D.png
    8 MB · Views: 295
Reactions: maschinetheist

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Wiki updated for beta 4. Friendly reminder that this is not a troubleshooting or bugs thread.

And specifically, it is a thread to list the less well known features of iOS 13 (ones that were not necessarily discussed on stage at WWDC or even show up in existing documentation)

Thanks to @ErikGrim and others for the hard work in adding everything to the wiki with each beta release!

Reactions: ErikGrim

maschinetheist

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
Anybody notice some of the Apple apps have larger icons in the dock? Safari and Files specifically are much bigger than any other apps in my ipad 11” dock.
[doublepost=1563493571][/doublepost]This is super weird. I just went into jiggle mode and shifted them, and they resized themselves....
I saw something similar with the icons where the background folder icon would be all black. Moving the screen through various positions appeared to have fixed it.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Can anyone explain the “tapping three dots on the markup palette” thing? I can’t seem to access this or figure out what it’s referencing when I’m in the edit photos section.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Can anyone explain the “tapping three dots on the markup palette” thing? I can’t seem to access this or figure out what it’s referencing when I’m in the edit photos section.

Normally, that button invokes other apps that have round trip editing capabilities with Photos, such as Darkroom and Camera+2. All mine has in it right now is Markup. That may be due to the fact that no apps are yet available in the App Store that have hooks into the new Photos app allowing them to be shown here.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I just noticed that a reminder I set for myself for a little later this afternoon is showing up in the Calendar Widget in the Today widget display on my iPad. Is this new? I don’t recall seeing Reminders show up there before. Very useful either way!

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
According to the Apple website...

QuickPath language support
Support for English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Portuguese is now included.

Source: https://www.apple.com/ipados/ipados-preview/features/

Unfortunately the QuickPath swipe feature is only available on the small floating keyboard and not on the full sized keyboard.

Can QuickPath be used with two languages at the same time ?

noshooz

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Central Maryland
I updated my 1st gen 12.9" iPad Pro to beta 3. Now there's a small lock icon in the top center of the home screen, and I have no idea what it's indicating. I haven't been able to find any info about it. Any ideas?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I updated my 1st gen 12.9" iPad Pro to beta 3. Now there's a small lock icon in the top center of the home screen, and I have no idea what it's indicating. I haven't been able to find any info about it. Any ideas?
Nothing too serious. Just an indicator telling you your iPad is locked.
if you are not sure, post a screenshot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.