Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moncho33

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2018
I feel your pain. It would seem that the key is to use wireless charging and high output chargers! This coming from a guy who only used the 5 watt charger. Apparently heat is good for the battery! lol

Lol!
I guess so!
Funny thing is that a friend got her X the next day after I got mine. She’s down to 92%. And 2 other friends got them on launch or really close to launch and they are both down to 85%. I don’t know their charging habits, but the all our phones were bought through AT&T. Coincidence that all are dropping so rapidly?

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014
Lol!
I guess so!
Funny thing is that a friend got her X the next day after I got mine. She’s down to 92%. And 2 other friends got them on launch or really close to launch and they are both down to 85%. I don’t know their charging habits, but the all our phones were bought through AT&T. Coincidence that all are dropping so rapidly?

I doubt it to be honest... check the charging habits, something tells me you'll find the friends at 85% didn't use wireless or any high-output chargers while the one at 92% used it sometimes...lol. This is nuts, man.

Phillyphil0302

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
NYC
Launch day X, was at 98%...upgraded to iOS 12 and now it’s back at 100% again?!?! and you want me to trust Apple’s battery health thingy?!?!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I spoke with several Apple reps, who informed me that I will not have to pay $29 to get a new battery, as long as I do it by December 31st. Since I’m keeping my X until next year, I’ll be doing that soon.

Reactions: geekiemac

freakomac

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
iPhone X here, I remember my showed battery health to be 91% about a month back. Now its down to 86%.
These values do match with Coconut battery on the Mac as well.

moncho33

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2018
I doubt it to be honest... check the charging habits, something tells me you'll find the friends at 85% didn't use wireless or any high-output chargers while the one at 92% used it sometimes...lol. This is nuts, man.

I know man. Thing is that here I don't have an Apple Store to take the phone and have it checked. I have to deal with AT&T and their warranty process using a local Apple reseller.

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2016
Would you recommend only using the USB-C fast charging instead of the 5W ?

One phone used we had only charged with iPad charger is @ 99% since launch day and the other one charged mainly with 5W and for 1 month with 29W fast charger ja @88%.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Well, I was at 99% a month ago on a launch day phone. Now...94%. That sure went quick.
Similar situation here.

iPhone X, 02 Dec 2017.
176 charge cycles.
Battery health (iPhone) started at 100%, dropped in March to 99% then in July to 98%, until a couple days ago when it suddenly showed... 95% ?!? (95.7% according to coconutBattery).
... and now since update to iOS 12 it's gone down again... 93% (93.9 according to coconut B.) :(

I did a little graph to illustrate this.

evo_iX copy.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Five_Oh

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I am surprised at the amount of people with X below 90%. I just sold an iPhone 6 as spares or repairs on eBay a few months ago - that was still at 88%!

I have an X. It's second hand, I don't know when it was bought, but I've had it a month now. Sitting at 100%.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I am surprised at the amount of people with X below 90%. I just sold an iPhone 6 as spares or repairs on eBay a few months ago - that was still at 88%!

I have an X. It's second hand, I don't know when it was bought, but I've had it a month now. Sitting at 100%.

Same. Most of my phones are above design capacity even after two years. My wife is much harder on her batteries and is usually only a few percentage below mine.

nmeed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2014
Same. Most of my phones are above design capacity even after two years. My wife is much harder on her batteries and is usually only a few percentage below mine.
What do you use to charge and what are your charging habits?

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
What do you use to charge and what are your charging habits?

Phone spends a good portion of its life on a wireless or plugged in charger. So 90-100%. I usually plug in for Apple Car Play when driving. I don’t usually charge overnight. Rare to go below 70%. I’ll plug in for anything battery intensive like games which I rarely play. Wife let’s hers drain to 0 all the time and does social media and talks to friends. She uses many more cycles than me. She plugs in to Anker and iPad 2.4+ amp chargers. Much harder on her phone. I admit I’m probably a light user as I prefer to read and watch short YouTube videos.

I prefer staying in the 90-100% range as battery temps stay way down.

Still her battery health is usually only a few percentage less than mine after almost 2 years.

Reactions: nmeed

Alanscottdallas0

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2018
iPhone X 26th December 10 months later 96.1% 207 battery cycles charged with Anker wireless overnight on rush days USB-C fast charge.

Attachments

• battery.PNG
    battery.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 310

seyoon_c09

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
I thought for awhile that this only occured to me. only had my X now for like 3 months, and post iOS 12 update indicates that I'm already at 97 percent. Not sure if this is more of an accurate measurement or what. Coconut battery shows the same thing

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Only at 49 cycles and already at 97% seems a bit odd with the battery, or if this is normal or what.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Use coconut battery to monitor your health over a few months. I’ve had 96% for almost two years on one phone (6s+).

leewei

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2018
i got my iphone x since 1st January 2018 and my battery health is 91%. my cycles is like around 320-340+ something

Nadeem_Guroo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2017
I spoke with several Apple reps, who informed me that I will not have to pay $29 to get a new battery, as long as I do it by December 31st. Since I’m keeping my X until next year, I’ll be doing that soon.
What is your battery health percentage and is there any ceiling to apply for a replacemtn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.