Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulovsouza

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2012
My iPhone 11 Pro Max is acting so crazy, and so I ordered an iPhone 14 Pro Max in October. It’s been delayed until January. And I was thinking today do I just get whatever iPhone is available, or should I try the Samsung Flip. I can’t wait, my phone is unusable. And the way I’m a die hard Apple fan, considering my options is very bad for Apple.

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
On CNBC yesterday they were saying all the Fortune 100 companies have begun to reconfigure their supply chains to reduce dependence on China. Apple was mentioned specifically, and they said while the decision was made, Apple is trying to do it "quietly" as to not trigger blowback from China. And that it would take many years, as it isn't just final assembly of iPhones that is done in China, but many of the parts are produced there to.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
India is no better in their treatment of workers.

India has real elections and mechanisms for addressing issues. China has....CCP.

giggles

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
He’s correct. There’s a reason apple launches in fall for holidays. Not so people can wait til Jan-mar.

There’s a reason Apple has been the last tech brand standing in this year of deteriorating demand.
There’s a reason after past shortages a delayed purchase behavior was observed among Apple users.
There’s a reason Apple’s ecosystem is as sticky as it gets.
But sure I will believe Kuo going full fortune teller about next year’s economic environment and iPhone demand disappearing like tears in rain.

Reactions: Table Top Joe

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
This isn't necessarily a bad thing though unless you're Apple or an Apple shareholder who's concerned about the near term performance of the stock.
Yep, I’m concerned but in it for the long haul.
This disappearing demand will help with inflation.
No it won’t.
And with people keeping their current phone longer than normal they'll be able to maximizing its useful life.
If I want another phone I can get it.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
On CNBC yesterday they were saying all the Fortune 100 companies have begun to reconfigure their supply chains to reduce dependence on China. Apple was mentioned specifically, and they said while the decision was made, Apple is trying to do it "quietly" as to not trigger blowback from China. And that it would take many years, as it isn't just final assembly of iPhones that is done in China, but many of the parts are produced there to.

I’d imagine so. Millions of iPhones don’t just appear. It’s crazy to think what apple has going on there to get that going. I took operations mgmt back in college. No thanks. That’s why they pay Tim the money.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
It's past time to close up shop in China for good come on Timmy time to put your business hat on

Yeah, you tell him! Send TC an email and enlighten him with a piece of your mind.

Cracks me up that most people here believe Apple puts no thought into their iPhone manufacturing decisions, and hasn't gamed out all sorts of future possibilities.

Life goes on. Apple will continue to do fine.

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
Just wait until the 15 at this point unless you really really really really need one and if this still goes on, make sure you buy one on release day

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
There’s a reason Apple has been the last tech brand standing in this year of deteriorating demand.
There’s a reason after past shortages a delayed purchase behavior was observed among Apple users.
There’s a reason Apple’s ecosystem is as sticky as it gets.
But sure I will believe Kuo going full fortune teller about next year’s economic environment and iPhone demand disappearing like tears in rain.

He was only talking demand for this current quarter. That it won’t be deferred til next quarter.

However if you’re correct and it is deferred then expect next quarter to be a super one. Plan your stock buy accordingly.

DownUnderDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2018
Hobart Australia
My iPhone 11 Pro Max is acting so crazy, and so I ordered an iPhone 14 Pro Max in October. It’s been delayed until January. And I was thinking today do I just get whatever iPhone is available, or should I try the Samsung Flip. I can’t wait, my phone is unusable. And the way I’m a die hard Apple fan, considering my options is very bad for Apple.
First world problems

The_Martini_Cat

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2015
So, China not only has a huge team of manufacturing engineers, but their bench is also huge. Apple can put out a bid for a type of fastener and a hundred companies will show up instead of, like, two companies that might have the capacity to make 1 percent of the needed volume of parts. So, sure, the labor is less expensive than in the US, but seriously? We have decided not to educate our own workforce to that level. (Not counting subsidies to the fast food industry for entry level jobs, which are simplified to the worker pushing a button on a cash register that actually has the picture of the food being ordered on it.)

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
The cheap labor chickens have finally come home to roost, no matter the country China, India, Vietnam wherever. Maybe Apple takes the profit multiples down a few?

jgrove

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2006
Well stop releasing new phones every year, and their will be more demand for new ones when they come, it will also help develop further hardware changes, because the only real changes year on year seem to be the camera :rolleyes:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Well stop releasing new phones every year, and their will be more demand for new ones when they come, it will also help develop further hardware changes, because the only real changes year on year seem to be the camera :rolleyes:
Well you know the above won’t fly. Not to mention the supposed “benefits” are made up.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Just be honest - people aren’t buying it because it was a minuscule, almost useless, update cycle. And because it’s too expensive in the middle of the greatest US recession in over 45 years.

Let’s not blame the hardworking Chinese workers for low sales. Be transparent for once and admit to your shortcomings.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Happy to have my 14 PM made in China. They do it for years they know how to build the phones in superb quality.
I bet there will be quality probs for some time when getting the phone from fresh moved factory to India with new cheap workers there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.